Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? (659 Views)

Seun, Do You Care About Your Forum? / The Diasporic Nintendos - Sorry Nigerians - Dont Have Anything Worthwhile Doing. / Attention: Seun, Nairaland Dont Seem To Have A Law Segment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by proproman(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2009
Why do most nigerians seem not to care about people around them? As i post this, i am in a bus behind a big lorry that's billowing clouds of smoke in our faces. My eyes are red and i'm coughing. Didn't the owner of the lorry know that it was smoking so badly? Doesn't he or she know the health implications of excessive smoke inhalation? And i'm sure that lorry will remain like that for years to come, till it's too broken to move. It's even more unfortunate as we are in a traffic gridlock and there's no way out of this. Why is it that lots of nigerians don't seem to be concerned about the welfare of others?
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by jaybee3(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
very good question and it probably explains the reason Nigeria is still pretty much stuck in the 19th century.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by geneo: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2009
Dont blame your country, It happens abroad (in one way or the other), the lorry driver is more interested on delivering his lorry goods grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by Oluschenco(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
Are policemen not along the road, if there is any, why don't you sue the driver for public disturbance.
See you, man must eat.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by iice(f): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
Sad
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by Gabry(f): 1:36am On Sep 19, 2009
Its because most Nigerians had been living a hard life and they dont bother to think about petty things like this. All they ever think is how to get through the day and especially how to get through the month paying their house bills, and other bills and to ensure they have food for their belly.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by Gentle4lyf: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
Quote: Are policemen not along the road, if there is any, why don't you sue the driver for public disturbance.
See you, man must eat.

When they arrest them for public disturbance, evryone will want to crucify them saying "Police! foolish people, them don dey find money".
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by mccloud224(m): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
@Topic

I don't think this issue has to do with Nigerians in particular.Way back in the wild wild west days, American didn't care less about themselves but today, they not only care about themselves but also animals (PETA) and the environment (Green house effect, biodiesel fuels and so on).The thing is, life in Nigeria is so hard that as much as you want to care for others, you just dont have that luxury.And even if you are in a position to help others, well, it never turns out good in the end most of the time.I'm talking from experience.

For instance, lets say you are financially comfortable and every now and then one family member or friend or distant relative or even stranger comes to you for help (which is usually financial assistance) and you help out, those people will always keep coming back to you anytime they are in need.They will coming over and over and over again until the day when you get tired and tell them to look elsewhere.THEN YOU BECOME THE BAD PERSON.None of them will remember all the good you've done.They'll start peddling all kinds of crap tales about you.Funny thing is, when you are nice to them, most of them see you as a mugu.I'm not generalizing here but there is a saying "once beaten,twice shy".Well, when you have been beaten over 400 times, what can you do?People just don't appreciate nice/good people (especially blacks, i'm sorry to say this but na too much observation).I used to be a science student way back in 1995 and during experiments, we have some procedures :

(1)Apparatus (Human beings)
(2)Test (Helping them out)
(3)Observation (they never appreciate anything)
(4)Conclusion (They are all ingrates)

Scientists say you need to perform an experiment at least 3 times before you draw a conclusion (i cant remember what hypothesis is. .lol).Well, this life experiment has happened hundreds of times and na the same result.

Nuff said.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Seem To Care About Others? by tarano: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
It is a cultural thing, deeply rooted,

(1) (Reply)

If Your Wife bleeps You Up, Simply: / What Is Your New Year Revolution / Foreign Based Players - Nolonger A Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.