Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House (2308 Views)

Mugabe Refuses To Relinquish Power, Says Until He Dies / Germany Refuse To Apologize For Satanic Genocide Against The Namibians / Jimmy Carter: Obama Heckler Is A Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by preselect(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
@david and tayo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by preselect(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
@tayo,

the issue here is not if the congressman was right or not, but the issue is the unprecedented and shocking outburst directed at a US president in the joint section calling him a liar. bush may have be booed b4, boos are not statements and definitely not ''personified''. who did the booing? but here someone stepped out to defy a US president. i hope it doesnt repeat. and i'm not talking about obama, i'm talking about a future president b/c if nothing is done i see a democrat heckling a future republican president and saying ''afterall u guys did it to a democratic president''.

and just for the records, section 246 of HR 3200 states: . . "[i]Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."[/[/i]b]

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:1:./temp/~c111OmIpW8:e176188:

[b]so who lied?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by adconline(m): 5:50am On Sep 16, 2009
Igwe read between the lines

In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.

In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU: "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

This was a group dissent like the way republicans reacted when Obama said something they didnt like. We are talking about a singular act of a congressman who called the president a liar.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2009
@topic,

It is coming to light now that the case of Otto Raddatz that Obama gave on the floor of the House was totally misrepresented by the President. I am wondering when the House will move the motion to express displeasure at the President for intentioanlly misleading the House. Or does the truth mean nothing?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2009
the fact remains that there are large swathes of america who still have refused to accept the fact that a black man should be their commander in cheif - its as simple as that and to deny this fact is to remain in a permanent state of denial.  okay so Bush was booed in 2004 and 2005 over some unpopular reforms that he was trying to make - how is that to be equated with the heckling of a president who hasnt been in office for up to a year - at the time the booing occurred bush had already had  4 or 5 years to get things right and at that point he had  committed a number of costly blunders - at that point america had invaded a sovereign state on a lie and was spending billions in tax payers money and at the same time was making cuts in social security, how apt - extend the powers of the police state and at the same time take away finanical assistance from the poor -

the patriot act will go down on record as one of the most draconian pieces of legislation ever introduced by an american administration so the booing he received is understandable.  with obama its a different story, there is a conscious effort on the part of racist white america not to accord him the same respect which is normally accorded to white presidents and its all down to the fact that whites are inherently racist if they could give george  bush 8 years to destroy their economy how come they cant give obama at least 4 years to repair the damage?

i think people like igwe are in complete denial - they actually think that white people are capable of looking beyond race and judging black people on an objective basis - it makes you wonder how people like that have coped in such a racist country like america.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by preselect(m): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2009

i think people like igwe are in complete denial - they actually think that white people are capable of looking beyond race and judging black people on an objective basis - it makes you wonder how people like that have coped in such a racist country like america.

@cap
dont worry about it. it's not new. there were black soldiers who fought for the confederate army. they wanted the confederates to secede and form a country where they will happily remain as slaves. it's not new and it's not blacks alone.
over 4000yrs ago, when the jews were slaves in egypt, there were jews who opposed moses' plans to liberate the israelites. even after they had crossed the red sea and left egypt, there were those who still felt things were better in egypt.

during the 3rd reich, there were jews who worked happily for the germans. and even lashed out on their fellow jews.

forget what history lectures u may have had in school, during the civil rights movt, not all blacks were in favour of the movement. some hated the bus boycott, the march in washington, the protests in different cities etc.

that is human beings for you.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
pres-elect:

@cap
dont worry about it. it's not new. there were black soldiers who fought for the confederate army. they wanted the confederates to secede and form a country where they will happily remain as slaves. it's not new and it's not blacks alone.
over 4000yrs ago, when the jews were slaves in egypt, there were jews who opposed moses' plans to liberate the israelites. even after they had crossed the red sea and left egypt, there were those who still felt things were better in egypt.

during the 3rd reich, there were jews who worked happily for the germans. and even lashed out on their fellow jews.

forget what history lectures u may have had in school, during the civil rights movt, not all blacks were in favour of the movement. some hated the bus boycott, the march in washington, the protests in different cities etc.

that is human beings for you.

you're right - i think the thing with us black folks is that many of us are suffering from severe inferiority complex (igwe) - its so bad that we actually make excuses for whites when they treat us terribly, look at how many of us are quick to dismiss congressman wilson's behaviour in order to "move on".  can you imagine what would have happened if it had been obama that was rude and disrespectful to a white congressman - all hell would have been let loose and both right and so called left wing media would have run the story for weeks. 

look at how obama was attacked when he correctly described that police officers arrest of henry gates in his own home  as stupid - he was attacked by the media and forced to retract his statement and even issue an apology to this same police officer who  even REFUSED to apologise to professor gates!!!! - so you see theres one rule for blacks and another for whites.  if you're black no matter how respectable or educated you are you will be expected to defer to a white person no matter how lowly - its pathetic and quite frankly im fed up with all these black apologists who continue to turn a blind eye to disrespectful and abusive behaviour that is meted out to blacks by whites.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2009
@cap28 and pres-elect,

I'm bemused by the thinking of you two. It sounds incredulous to me when rational human beings think that the tendency of a man to commit evil or not depends on his skin pigmentation. There is no evil that the White man has done that the Black man has no propensity of doing. We shout racim today because of the history of slavery. I'm sure you are all aware that slavery was not an exclusive preserve of the White man but all races.

Your tedency to not believe the best of your fellow human being becuase of their skin pigmentation is a betrayal of Martin Luther King's dream that all men will be judged by their character and not by the color of their skin. You guys need to wake up from your delusion. Evil is more than skin deep. It is a malaise that plagues all of humanity!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28 and pres-elect,

I'm bemused by the thinking of you two. It sounds incredulous to me when rational human beings think that the tendency of a man to commit evil or not depends on his skin pigmentation. There is no evil that the White man has done that the Black man has no propensity of doing. We shout racim today because of the history of slavery. I'm sure you are all aware that slavery was not an exclusive preserve of the White man but all races.

Your tedency to not believe the best of your fellow human being becuase of their skin pigmentation is a betrayal of Martin Luther King's dream that all men will be judged by their character and not by the color of their skin. You guys need to wake up from your delusion. Evil is more than skin deep. It is a malaise that plagues all of humanity!

Tayo d im totally bemused by your naivity maybe you need to look back in history and you will find that whites have committed some of the worst atrocities in history which to date no non white race has to my mind ever committed.

here are a few of some of the atrocities the white race has perpetrated over time

north america - white settlers invade and systematically  wipe out native indian population, native indian survivors are then rounded up and put on reservations where many comitt suicide or simply die out

australia - britains ex convict population are deported to this country where they systematically murder, enslave or maim the indigenous people, some survivors dumped on reservations
new zealand - ditto
tasmania - ditto
canada - ditto

africa - whites perpetrate one of the greatest holocausts known to man ie the transatlantic slave trade in which over 10million blacks loose their lives

africa - whites carve up africa and divide amongst themselves in what is popularly known as the "scramble for africa" - during this period many africans who resist colonialism are systematically murdered, imprisoned or maimed

there are many others which are too numerous to mention which continue till today but the above are the ones which come to mind right now.

nobody is saying that the ability to comit evil is dependant on the colour of ones skin, however i can only base my conclusions on what i know and what i have seen and what i have seen is that white people in the name of imperialism and economic self interests have committed some of the worst atrocities known to man.

slavery was not the preserve of whites, however never in the history of the world has slavery been practised by non white races where human beings have been  dehumanised to the extent that they were regarded as nothing more than cargo as was the case with the transatlantic slavery, in africa we practised slavery but slaves had rights and were permitted to partake in society along with freeborn people, they were not stripped of their humanity - this was not the case with the transatlantic slave trade - human beings were totally dehumanised and treated worse than animals - infact there is a case in law(The Zong)http://www.umich.edu/~ece/student_projects/slavery/the_zong.html where a slave trader tried to claim insurance monies from his insurer by arguing that in order to save his ship from disease caused by overcrowding he threw overboard live slaves beleiving that he could claim compensation for the losses from his insurance company.  now if this doesnt illustrate barbarity i dont know what does - to date i dont know of any race of people who have carried out such an evil act against their fellow human beings. 

with regard to the martin luther king dream - thats all it was a dream, it is highly irresponsible to go about life looking at things through rose tinted glasses - of course it would be fantastic if we could all get along but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of whites are not interested in getting along with blacks if they have to give up some of their power, whites love the positions of privilege that their white skin give them and they will never give it up without a fight - you only have to look at how angry a white person gets if he perceives that a black person has more money, status or power than them (as is evidenced by the wall of hostility that obama is currently experiencing from white america) therefore to criticise pres elect and i for facing up to the reality of what it means to live under a white supremacist system which preaches equality but practices the opposite is to live under the worst form of self deception.

but to be honest im not suprised, rather than face up to the real enemy, you slam the person who points out the truth- if there is anyone who is deluded its you.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2009
@cap28,

nobody is saying that the ability to comit evil is dependant on the colour of ones skin, however i can only base my conclusions on what i know and what i have seen and what i have seen is that white people in the name of imperialism and economic self interests have committed some of the worst atrocities known to man.
You obviously are very confused. You started by declaring that evil is independent of skin colour and in the same breathe attempt to link evil with skin colour. Where do I start to unwind you from the mess you've tied yourself into?

For every historical records you mention, I can point out many others perpetuated by non-Whites. The greatest evil that we can point at in our generation is probably 911, and that was not perpetuated by Whites. What about the genocide in Sudan? This is Black on Black wahala? How about the cannibalism we witnessed during the Liberian civil war? Do you think these are all linked to skin colour?

Please try and remove sentiments from your thought process. It'll help you judge issues more objectively!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 12:50am On Sep 20, 2009
^^^^^@ Tayo D

Thanks very much for your effort in trying to enlighten some of our black brothers CAP28, Pre-elect and etal. These guys are really suffering from serious inferiority complex and always a victim of racism syndrome. . . . .  I guess they should borrow a leaf  from some black folks who had made it to the top echelons in any area of life, be it business, academics or politics. . . .You folks really need to grow up and be a man of your own.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 2:50am On Sep 20, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28,
You obviously are very confused. You started by declaring that evil is independent of skin colour and in the same breathe attempt to link evil with skin colour. Where do I start to unwind you from the mess you've tied yourself into?

For every historical records you mention, I can point out many others perpetuated by non-Whites. The greatest evil that we can point at in our generation is probably 911, and that was not perpetuated by Whites. What about the genocide in Sudan? This is Black on Black wahala? How about the cannibalism we witnessed during the Liberian civil war? Do you think these are all linked to skin colour?

Please try and remove sentiments from your thought process. It'll help you judge issues more objectively!

the point i made which  for some reason you are finding hard to understand is that criminal activity transcends race HOWEVER  some races do have a greater propensity to comit CERTAIN types of crime more so than others for example white men are more likely to be serial killers than black men - is that a confusing statement? clearly not it is a statement based on fact the fact that one race is more predisposed to commit certain TYPES of crimes than others -   the facts speak for themselves but for whatever reason you cant get your head around this simple and quite obvious fact.  i have gone further to even give you examples in order to back up my assertion and because you are so blinded by your cluelessness you turn around and say you want to "unwind me from my mess" !!!!!!!!!

if there is anyone who is confused it is you, infact not only are you confused you are walking around in a permanent state of self deception.  You are so hurt by the fact that whites do not see you as equal to them that in order to cope you DECEIVE yourself into thinking that racism does not exist and you delude yourself into thinking that we're all one big happy family living in a colourblind world - how sad!!!  

I think think you need to wake up and realise that you are living under a white supremacist system that does not  believe that blacks and whites are equal, delude yourself as much as you like but the evidence is out there.  

You say that for every historical record ive mentioned you can point out many others perpetrated by non whites,  well im waiting!!!!

Your statement about 911 is laughable and i am tempted not to even bother responding to it as it demonstrates how hopelessly clueless you are - first of all 911 had absolutely nothing to do with any foreign nation as a matter of fact it is now an open secret that the bush administration played a part in that whole debacle so maybe you might want to go and do a bit of research, secondly if we are to buy into the laughable proposition that foreigners did indeed orchestrate 911 how does the loss of 3,000 lives constitute a greater loss than the  loss of  100,000 iraqi's who have died and who continue to die as a result of an illegal invasion of their country by american troops.  

Or are you saying that white lives are more valuable than non white ones?

with regard to Sudan - i now know for a fact that you are completely brainwashed - are you aware that Israel and america encouraged and orchestrated the war between the north and the south?  obviously not, were you also aware that america designated Sudan a state sponsor of terrorism because it supports the rights of palestinians against zionist racist israel?  are you also aware that southern sudan has huge deposits of petroleum and uranium which america and israel are determined to get their hands on hence their ongoing campaign to destablise the entire country?

are you aware that the militias in darfur were armed by america and israel?

the liberian civil war - again read the history of this supposed satellite country of america, you will find america orchestrated the subsequent war and then stepped back and left liberians to slaughter each other.

sentiment has nothing to do with my understanding of matters i rely on facts which you would do well to adopt yourself in order not to sound as clueless as you do.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by adconline(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2009
IgweUSA
Thanks very much for your effort in trying to enlighten some of our black brothers CAP28, Pre-elect and etal. These guys are really suffering from serious inferiority complex and always a victim of racism syndrome. . . . .  I guess they should borrow a leaf  from some black folks who had made it to the top echelons in any area of life, be it business, academics or politics. . . .You folks really need to grow up and be a man of your own

I dont know  what some Nigerians  would think they have made in US that blacks have not achieved. You still have not pointed to us when president Bush was personally heckled by a congressman while giving a speech at the chambers. If its not smelling like racism, what could it be called that a black president was heckled by a white southerner who worked for  a segregationist late Sen. Strum Thurmond.
When it came to light that Sen Thurmond had fathered an illegitimate black daughter Rep. Joe Wilson was the first one to attack the by woman  Ms Essie Mae Washington-Williams  , he said

"It's a smear on the image that [Thurmond] has as a person of high integrity who has been so loyal to the people of South Carolina,"

When it became evident that Ms Washington Williams was accurate in her statements, Mr. Wilson  grudgingly apologized sort of;  but still insisted that the woman  should  not have gone public
He was a state senator when confederate flag was  still hoisted in the state building.  This man once said that its unfair to debate about his boss Sen Thurmond when he can no longer defend himself. He chastised those who  opined that Jefferson had an affair with slave by saying
“Sometimes these things just go on," Wilson said. "These are heroes of mine. I really hope these would be heroes to future generations of Americans. (The stories) are ,  a way to diminish their contributions to our country's existence.
So if a president hadn't been heckled, then a black guy becomes a president and he's heckled by a confederate  white southerner who once worked for Sen Strum Thurmond, then it has got  some connotation of racism. Its not accidental that it was him who would call he president a liar. No white president has been called a liar or heckled in the house,  and you think we are naive and daft.
So back to sense of accomplishment, whatever you have become in this country, black folks paid the price. There would not been any Obama without  Rosa Parks, so are u indirectly or directly  benefiting from laws like affirmative action and you are still regarded as this black Thanks very much for your effort in trying to enlighten some of our black brothers CAP28, Pre-elect and etal. These guys are really suffering from serious inferiority complex and always a victim of racism syndrome. . . . .  I guess they should borrow a leaf  from some black folks who had made it to the top echelons in any area of life, be it business, academics or politics. . . .You folks really need to grow up and be a man of your own

I dont know  what some Nigerians  would think they have made in US that blacks have not achieved. Igweusa, you still have not pointed to us when president Bush was personally heckled by a congressman while giving a speech at the chambers. If its not smelling like racism, what could it be called that a black president was heckled by a white southerner who worked for  a segregationist late Sen. Strum Thurmond.
When it came to light that Sen Thurmond had fathered an illegitimate black daughter Rep. Joe Wilson was the first one to attack the  woman  Ms Essie Mae Washington-Williams  , he said

"It's a smear on the image that [Thurmond] has as a person of high integrity who has been so loyal to the people of South Carolina,"

When it became evident that Ms Washington Williams was accurate in her statements, Mr. Wilson  grudgingly apologized sort of;  but still insisted that the woman  should  not have gone public
He was a state senator when confederate flag was  still hoisted in the state building. 
This man once said that “its unfair to debate about his boss Sen Thurmond when he can no longer defend himself”. He chastised those who  opined that Jefferson had an affair with slave by saying
“Sometimes these things just go on," Wilson said. "These are heroes of mine. I really hope these would be heroes to future generations of Americans. (The stories) are ,  a way to diminish their contributions to our country's existence”.
So if a president hadn't been heckled, then a black guy becomes a president and he's heckled by confederate  white southerner who once worked for Sen Strum Thurmond, then it has got  some connotation of racism. Its not accidental that it was him who would call he president a liar. No white president has been called a liar or heckled in the house,  and you think we are naive and daft.
So back to sense of accomplishment, whatever you have become in this country, black folks paid the price. There would not been any Obama without  Rosa Parks, so are u indirectly or directly  benefiting from laws like affirmative action and you are still regarded as this black dude until you prove your mettle. On the other hand, you would have been in your home country  to fight and make it better. dude until you prove your mettle. On the other hand, you would have been in your home country  to fight and make it better since you are such a smart ass.

http://www.joewilson.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=40
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1921677,00.html
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/you-lie-not-the-first-time-rep-wilsons-emotions-got-the-best-of-him.php
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Spader9(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2009
White America is Justified in their actions.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2009
IGWE_USA:

^^^^^@ Tayo D

Thanks very much for your effort in trying to enlighten some of our black brothers CAP28, Pre-elect and etal. These guys are really suffering from serious inferiority complex and always a victim of racism syndrome. . . . .  I guess they should borrow a leaf  from some black folks who had made it to the top echelons in any area of life, be it business, academics or politics. . . .You folks really need to grow up and be a man of your own.

@igwe USA - you and tayo d both need to undergo a  major self hate deprogramming session as you clearly have swallowed hook line and sinker all the propaganda your white masters have fed you with and accepted it  as the sacred truth - black folk like you are normally described as house negros who never deviate from what the master tells them, if the master has a problem they take it on as THEIR problem but what they forget is that the  relationship is not one based on mutual respect but one where the master treats the docile servant (the black man) like a retarded child who constantly needs to be guided and dictated to, if the servant at any point decides to use his own brain and exercise his own right to self determination he is slapped down by the master.  this is how you and tayo reason - your mind is in chains.

in your whitewashed mindset everything white is right - just because you parrot all the garbage that your white master has force fed you doesnt mean that he accepts you.

the black folks that you refer to who as you say have MADE IT TO THE TOP in most cases have sold out - if you want to "make it" as a black person in white america - you have to sell out because the entire economic structure is owned and run by whites, blacks who deviate from this set up pay dearly either economically (loss of income) or in some cases loss of life (depending on how much of a threat you are to their system).    The vast majority of so called successful blacks in america are usually entertainers and sports people who never speak out against white racist america because they are more interested in making money than working towards the emancipation of all blacks. 

every single progressive black intellectual or activist who has spoken out against racial inequality in america is either in prison (mumia abu jamal, mutulu shakur, h rap brown) or dead - (malcolm x, martin luther king).  i would advise  you to go and read about the fbi covert operation known as COINTELPRO set up in the  1960's and still operating till today,  which murdered, framed on trumped up charges or harrassed fearless blacks who tried to challenge the white supremacist american system.

so please dont be deceived because a few blacks have been "allowed" to get to the top by selling their soul to the devil.  yes the whites will let you get to the top PROVIDED you dance to their tune - the minute you try to stand up and question the system of institutionalised racism which is entrenched in american society you pay the price.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
@adconline thanks for those interesting links about grand wizard wilson.

one thing you have to understand about these people is they eat, breathe, drink and sleep racism this is what gets them out of bed in the morning.  the fact that this man is from a state where the confederate flag is still flown on govt buildings speaks volumes. 

its not difficult to work this man out because his hatred of blacks is so transparent - look at his response on hearing that his fellow KKK acolyte was found to be a closet "nigger lover" 

and

“Sometimes these things just go on," Wilson said. "These are heroes of mine. I really hope these would be heroes to future generations of Americans. (The stories) are ,  a way to diminish their contributions to our country's existence”.

so in this man's mind the fact that his "hero" slept with a black slave might "diminish" in the minds of fellow white american's his contributions to america - this is how much disgust this man has for black people he sees the fact that some white sexual predator impregnated a defenceless black slave as a taint on the predator, never mind the fact that this poor black slave might have been sexually abused by this shameless predator no thats not important its the white saint's character that is at stake here!!!!!  unbeleivable.

it is a well known fact that america's so called founding fathers were a bunch of child molesters, sexual predators and murderers (Thomas Jefferson) why do  you think over a 1/4 of african americans have white blood in them.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2009
interesting analysis of grand wizard wilson's outburst with contributions from ronald reagan's son who is a huge improvement on his father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whIxMKOIICg
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by adconline(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
the issue  with some extreme right folks is that  they will not do their own thinking, they are ready to be spoon fed by delusional and mischievous folks like Joe Wilson, even Naija folks  who knew how bad it could be with NTA and govt propaganda. Why does everything have to be from extremist point of view?  Some lefties were tired and said they were leaving for Canada, now Obama is the president, strong party influentials like Gov of Texas saying they would break away, not party activists, then another representative saying, "we need  a white man to stop Obama", then this southern conferderate, Joe Wilson. Why is  the debate taken over by unintelligent and delusional folks. Why cant these folks see that there is no hope for extremists like Sarah Palin. She's not the middle of the road in America. Jon McCain lost more votes with her. They have  dwarfed intelligent discussions from folks like David Frum, David Brooks, and George Will.  Before you watch Glen Beck, he will sublty put a disclaimer like this ' I'm just a recovering  alcoholic and yet folks still take him seriously.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2009
@cap28, adconline,

I don't have the time to start responding all your points. I will make this point however. You two are no different than the people you accuse of racism. When you judge a man not by his character or actions, but by his skin colour, you might as well have been a member of the KKK.

While they think they are more special than you becuase you are black, you think yourself to be better than them becuase they are white. You are all birds of the same feather and should be locked up away from the rest of civilisation. We don't need race baiters like you around!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by adconline(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2009
Tayo-D,
your unflinching loyalty cannot let u separate facts from fictions even though you are an educated fellow. Can tell me where I have pointed to racism without facts ?  I said it has got some connotation of racism and I backed them with facts. Rep. Joe Wilson antecedents on racial issues  are there for you to see. If in America, track record matters a lot, why are you not discussing his past statements on racial issues instead of saying that someone who's holding him accountable for  his action is guilty as well. I thought your mantra was guilty by association, maybe  its changed to guilty by raising questions. It's either you are delusional or bereft of cognitive thinking that I was and I am still judging his actions not by his skin color.
It's really like a  kid whose lunch money was taken  by a bully and he complained and he was labeled  guilty as the one who stole his lunch money in the first.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2009
@adconline,

Facts?  Are you really seeking facts? Question. Was Wilson's accusation at Obama the truth or was it a lie? Was Obama  economical with the truth when he said illegals will not be covered? Was he economical with the truth when he declared in the same SOU address that a man's insurance was declined during treatment which led to his death? These are issues that can be confirmed by data and not the subjective accusation of racism at a man who has genuine policy disagreement with a decietful president!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28, adconline,

I don't have the time to start responding all your points. I will make this point however. You two are no different than the people you accuse of racism. When you judge a man not by his character or actions, but by his skin colour, you might as well have been a member of the KKK.

While they think they are more special than you becuase you are black, you think yourself to be better than them becuase they are white. You are all birds of the same feather and should be locked up away from the rest of civilisation. We don't need race baiters like you around!

Tayo D - you are an embarrassment to the black race - how is it that when a black person speaks out against injustice meted out by your white masters WE AS BLACK PEOPLE are then lumped into the same category as the racists - there is definitely something terribly wrong with the way you reason (understatement!!!)

every time a black person goes out in to the workplace, school or even social arena,  the issue of race is usually on the cards.  i think you are one of these black people who cut whites so much slack no matter how abusive and condescending their  behaviour when dealing with blacks.  do whites have to walk around wearing white hoods before you know they are racist?

arent you aware of covert racism or institutionalised racism which is the "safer" way whites discriminate against blacks. 
maybe you need to speak to some older african americans who will educate you on what they had to put up with from whites during the Jim Crow era.

maybe if they tell you about how many of their people were beaten, murdered and harrassed for asking for the same rights as everyother taxpaying american you might just begin to understand what these courageous people have been through.

if whites are the angels that you are desperately trying to make them out to be why did eisenhower send FEDERAL TROOPS to protect black students from screaming lynch mobs when they were being bussed to white colleges in the late 50's?

had it not been for the brave young black girl in the photo below you would not even be in a position to enjoy any of the things you take for granted today in america:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Little_Rock_Desegregation_1957.jpg

why did it take over 100 years from the abolition of slavery for blacks to become enfranchised, why did it take the deaths of people like malcolm x and martin luther king and many more for affirmative action legislation (which is now being dismantled) to be introduced? 

adconline refers to you as educated - my question is educated to do what? to follow your white master unquestioningly because that is what it sounds like.  there is no point acquiring an education if all it does is make you worse than a so called uneducated person.

i feel nothing but pity for you.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
you folks are trying to educate Tayo-D? I fear it is an exercise in futility.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 1:04am On Sep 21, 2009
@cap28,

A very "clever" post you have above. You accuse Whites with a different opinion than you as racists and Blacks who do not race-bait like you as slaves of the White man or House Negroes. Can't you learn to think outside of Race? People like you would rather live in the early 1900s becuase the reality of today do not support your racist views. Breaking News, the President of the United States is a Black man. He was voted into office with an overwhelming White vote in modern day America. Live with it!

It does not occur to racists like you that Whites, hundreds of thousands of them paid the ultimate sacrifice so that Black men could be free. But of course, acknowledging that does not empower your pre-disposition to racism. I live and work amongst people of all races and there are evil White people as much as there are evil Black people. Attempting to link evil to skin pigmentation is an adventure in futility. But of course you maintain some relevance by feeding gullible people with such balderdash. I trust you wont desist from such an act in the near future.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28,

A very "clever" post you have above. You accuse Whites with a different opinion than you as racists and Blacks who do not race-bait like you as slaves of the White man or House Negroes.  Can't you learn to think outside of Race?  People like you would rather live in the early 1900s becuase the reality of today do not support your racist views.  Breaking News, the President of the United States is a Black man.  He was voted into office with an overwhelming White vote in modern day America.  Live with it!

It does not occur to racists like you that Whites, hundreds of thousands of them paid the ultimate sacrifice so that Black men could be free.  But of course, acknowledging that does not empower your pre-disposition to racism.  I live and work amongst people of all races and there are evil White people as much as there are evil Black people.  Attempting to link evil to skin pigmentation is an adventure in futility.  But of course you maintain some relevance by feeding gullible people with such balderdash.  I trust you wont desist from such an act in the near future.

Try looking at statistics dude, McCain beat him by a clear 12% margin among whites. He struggled to get more than 15% of the white vote in places like Alabama and Mississippi. Folks like you just spew groundless propaganda.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28,

A very "clever" post you have above. You accuse Whites with a different opinion than you as racists and Blacks who do not race-bait like you as slaves of the White man or House Negroes. Can't you learn to think outside of Race? People like you would rather live in the early 1900s becuase the reality of today do not support your racist views. Breaking News, the President of the United States is a Black man. He was voted into office with an overwhelming White vote in modern day America. Live with it!

It does not occur to racists like you that Whites, hundreds of thousands of them paid the ultimate sacrifice so that Black men could be free. But of course, acknowledging that does not empower your pre-disposition to racism. I live and work amongst people of all races and there are evil White people as much as there are evil Black people. Attempting to link evil to skin pigmentation is an adventure in futility. But of course you maintain some relevance by feeding gullible people with such balderdash. I trust you wont desist from such an act in the near future.

This is equally shameful . . . why shld blacks be enslaved to the white man in the first place? What "ultimate sacrifice" did whites pay that blacks shld be free?

Sometimes you just wonder how blacks reason. Soon they'll be asking us to be grateful that we can work in white-majority countries.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 1:22am On Sep 21, 2009
@Davidylan,

Try looking at statistics dude, McCain beat him by a clear 12% margin among whites. He struggled to get more than 15% of the white vote in places like Alabama and Mississippi. Folks like you just spew groundless propaganda.
So is that margin grounds for racism? While McCain got about 12% more votes amongst White people than Obama, Obama got about 80% more votes amongts Blacks than McCain. If we go by your flawed reasoning, we will conclude then that Blacks must be racist. 

This is equally shameful . . . why shld blacks be enslaved to the white man in the first place? What "ultimate sacrifice" did whites pay that blacks shld be free?
Learn to think objectively.  I never said Blacks should have been slaves in the first place.  History reveals that Blacks have been slaves to Blacks, Whites and everything in between.  However, Whites are the ones who turned agisnt each other and killed each other to set Blacks free.  What other race did that?  While Blacks sold their Brothers into slavery for money, we do not know of Blacks turning on each other to end such a terrible practice.

Sometimes you just wonder how blacks reason. Soon they'll be asking us to be grateful that we can work in white-majority countries.
You are the one that needs to check your infantile reasoning.  For Whites to have sacrificed their lives to free Black people should tell you that you cannot paint all of them with a single brush and refer to anyone with White skin as racist!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
So is that margin grounds for racism? While McCain got about 12% more votes amongst White people than Obama, Obama got about 80% more votes amongts Blacks than McCain. If we go by your flawed reasoning, we will conclude then that Blacks must be racist.

This is absurd reasoning sorry.

1. Blacks have ALWAYS overwhelmingly voted Democrat, even whites like John Kerry got close to 90% of the black votes. Was that racism? undecided

2. PLEASE LEARN TO ADMIT WHEN YOU BLATANTLY LIE . . . it is NOT TRUE that Obama was elected "with an overwhelming White vote" . . . trying to use grammar to over-ride that fact makes all other argument your throw up nothing but irrelevant smokescreen.

Tayo-D:

Learn to think objectively.  I never said Blacks should have been slaves in the first place.  History reveals that Blacks have been slaves to Blacks, Whites and everything in between.  However, Whites are the ones who turned agisnt each other and killed each other to set Blacks free.  What other race did that?  While Blacks sold their Brothers into slavery for money, we do not know of Blacks turning on each other to end such a terrible practice.

When did that happen? Please dont tell me you believe the hogwash that the US civil war was fought to free blacks!

Tayo-D:

You are the one that needs to check your infantile reasoning.  For Whites to have sacrificed their lives to free Black people should tell you that you cannot paint all of them with a single brush and refer to anyone with White skin as racist!

infantile reasoning or not YOU SIR, YOU LIE!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 1:55am On Sep 21, 2009
@Davidylan,

1. Blacks have ALWAYS overwhelmingly voted Democrat, even whites like John Kerry got close to 90% of the black votes. Was that racism?
So you agree that the votes could well have been a reflection of policy differences? I thot you guys could not reason beyond RACE.

2. PLEASE LEARN TO ADMIT WHEN YOU BLATANTLY LIE . . . it is NOT TRUE that Obama was elected "with an overwhelming White vote" . . . trying to use grammar to over-ride that fact makes all other argument your throw up nothing but irrelevant smokescreen.
It is overwhelming when compared with the Black votes that McCain got. It is not about grammar, it is about the truth. And the truth is this. If Whites hadn't voted for Obama the way they did, he would not have smelled the White House talkless of being its number one tenant.

When did that happen? Please dont tell me you believe the hogwash that the US civil war was fought to free blacks!
Please don't tell me you believe that slavery was not the major reaosn for the hostilities.

infantile reasoning or not YOU SIR, YOU LIE!
I am not Obama. Can you please point out where I lied?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by cap28: 2:09am On Sep 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@cap28,

no i accuse whites who refuse to accord blacks the same respect that they accord their own people of being racist and i accuse blacks who turn a blind eye to white people's disrespectful and abusive behaviour towards blacks as house negros and uncle toms.  

i do think outside race but for a black man living in the west it is impossible to AVOID being reminded about race by white people, black people are constantly reminded of their race daily, be it through the negative perception of us in the media, the negative stereo typical images of hip hop, the statistics that we are bombarded with constantly on how badly we seem to be doing, its everywhere and aside from leaving the country, you cant escape it.  In america race determines everything- it determines where you are educated, what kind of job you are likely to get, where you live even to some extent who you socialise with , date or marry.

if america has moved on as you claim why are we in 2009 having a debate about an african american president not being accorded the same respect that a white president would have been accorded.  

Davidylan is correct the white vote in favour of Obama did not give him his victory it was the overwhelming support that he received from the african american and to some extent hispanic community.  

pray tell, what ultimate sacrifice did whites pay in order for blacks to be free?  if you are talking about the civil war again you have been misled - infact lincoln resisted calls for the abolition of slavery, this is what he said:

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so." He then went on to write in 1862:

“If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.” In a further attempt to appease the rednecks in the south he gave the  Confederate states four months to stop fighting, promising to leave the slaves in their chains if they did.

the civil war had nothing to do with the abolition of slavery and every thing do with the northern elite wanting to appropriate land from southern rednecks in order to amass even more money for themselves.  

here is another quote from  your beloved Abraham Lincoln:

"I can conceive of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as our equal".

the so called emancipation of slaves was actually a tactic used by the north to undermine the south and also the north needed cheap labour to man many factory jobs which were now becoming available in the north so it was more economic expedience rather than an overwhelming desire to do what was morally right.

Your beloved Lincoln did not think that freed slaves should be given full legal and voting rights, and even advocated both before and during the Civil War that all blacks should be deported to Africa or the West Indies.

Here is another one of his quotes:

"We cannot attain the ideal union our Fathers dreamed,with millions of an alien, inferior race among us,whose assimilation is neither possible or desirable".

so i think you can see from all of the above that far from making the ultimate sacrifice whites were hell bent on keeping blacks in shackles - i think the above should therefore explain why people like grand wizard joe wilson feels completey hard done by - in his mind having Obama as his president is a complete betrayal of what his beloved founding fathers beleived in and fought for.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2009
@cap28,

no i accuse whites who refuse to accord blacks the same respect that they accord their own people of being racist and i accuse blacks who turn a blind eye to white people's disrespectful and abusive behaviour towards blacks as house negros and uncle toms.
You are very confused, really! You started this debate painting all Whites with a single brush of racism. When I called you out on it, you claimed otherwise but sitll went ahead trying to prove the White man is devil's incarnate. From that position, you shifted to different kinds of evil perpetuated by people with certain skin pigmentation. Now you've evolved to calling out only those who show no respects to Blacks as the racists. You sure can dance around like Maradona without scoring a goal.

i do think outside race but for a black man living in the west it is impossible to AVOID being reminded about race by white people, black people are constantly reminded of their race daily, be it through the negative perception of us in the media, the negative stereo typical images of hip hop, the statistics that we are bombarded with constantly on how badly we seem to be doing, its everywhere and aside from leaving the country, you cant escape it. In america race determines everything- it determines where you are educated, what kind of job you are likely to get, where you live even to some extent who you socialise with , date or marry.
What goes on in the West is no different than what goes on in our native country - Nigeria. The same evil is interpreted as racism in the West and tribalism in Africa. It is inherent in people to group themselves such that they exercise power over other groups. It is the self preservation inherent in ALL humans that reveals itself in this way. Accusing Whites while giving Blacks a free ride only suggest you have yielded to your basic human instict to lump yourself into a group in order to exercise some form of power over another group.

You are an individual and should learn to treat people as such. Stop this grouping!

if america has moved on as you claim why are we in 2009 having a debate about an african american president not being accorded the same respect that a white president would have been accorded.
This is becuase some of you have chosen to live in the past. If someone had been courageous enough to call Bush out when he was making a case for the Iraq war, we probably wouldn't have been in this mess. Obama lied, and Wilson calls him out on it. While Wilson chose a very wrong platform to do what he did, he could not have been more correct in his assertion that Obama was lying!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 21, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
So you agree that the votes could well have been a reflection of policy differences? I thot you guys could not reason beyond RACE.

those are black votes! What of the white votes? Do you think if Obama were white McCain would have a chance in hell?

Tayo-D:

It is overwhelming when compared with the Black votes that McCain got. It is not about grammar, it is about the truth. And the truth is this. If Whites hadn't voted for Obama the way they did, he would not have smelled the White House talkless of being its number one tenant.

Just pls stop lying and using face-saving but puerile argument. Even if Obama had been white he'd still get the traditional black vote as a democrat.

Tayo-D:

Please don't tell me you believe that slavery was not the major reaosn for the hostilities.

lol you believe that lie? And why after the civil war did blacks not get the freedom that you allege whites shed their blood for? Why did it take Lyndob Johnson's civil rights bill to get blacks to drink from the same fountain as whites?

Many of you white butt-lickers sicken me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just In : Graphics Pictures From Hamas Atrocities In Israel / Hillary Clinton Appears In Rally Completely Unclad In Bid For Authenticity - pic / Could South Africa Have Developed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.