Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN (19241 Views)

Lagos’ll Soon Be Third Largest Africa’s Economy / Lagos’ll Be Nothing If Ijaw Oil Is Cut Off – Asari-dokubo / Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Fedayeen02: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2016
Lagos has always being on blackout abeg
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by seunoni34(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2016
Like we used to have light before. Smh
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Cherishing(f): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2016
Why on working days
Could have better over the weekend .
#thought though
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by SuperSupremo(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2016
hansyllo:

The Transmission Company of Nigeria, Lagos Region, has announced that many parts of the state will experience blackout between 10am and 1pm today (Monday).

According to the TCN, the affected areas are Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Alagbon, Apapa, Ijora, Surulere, Itire, Oshodi, Mushin; the Nigerian Airforce Base, Shogunle, and their environs.

The company said in a statement on Sunday that the disruption of electricity supply to customers in these locations was a result of the need to carry out an urgent maintenance work on the Akangba 132KV transmission substation.

The Public Relations Officer, TCN, Lagos Region, Mrs. Celestina Osin, said in the statement, “The reason for the planned outage is to enable the MBH Contractor carry out a very important repair work on the Itire 132KV Transmission Line 1 and the Ojo 132KV Transmission Line 2 from which the areas are fed electricity for better service to them.

“During the period the outage will last, the 4X90 MVA power transformers and another 150MVA power transformer will be out of service at the Akangba 132KV substation in order to provide a safe working space for the workers.

We promise to restore supply to all the affected areas as soon as the work is concluded.

“We sincerely apologise for the short notice on the outage and regrets inconveniences this will cause all that will be affected.”

http://punchng.com/lagosll-experience-blackout-today-tcn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Nonsense announcement!!!

@8:00 am we have blackout already,you are here telling us 10 am

Fire burn you people!!!
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by delman88(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2016
UEDIBO:
i have not seen NEPA for the past 7 months.

Go to their office na, you go see them

3 Likes

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by gsley: 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
If some read this he we think they hv been providing light 24 hours in these area.

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
light dey before?
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by infogenius(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
hansyllo:

The Transmission Company of Nigeria, Lagos Region, has announced that many parts of the state will experience blackout between 10am and 1pm today (Monday).

According to the TCN, the affected areas are Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Alagbon, Apapa, Ijora, Surulere, Itire, Oshodi, Mushin; the Nigerian Airforce Base, Shogunle, and their environs.

The company said in a statement on Sunday that the disruption of electricity supply to customers in these locations was a result of the need to carry out an urgent maintenance work on the Akangba 132KV transmission substation.

The Public Relations Officer, TCN, Lagos Region, Mrs. Celestina Osin, said in the statement, “The reason for the planned outage is to enable the MBH Contractor carry out a very important repair work on the Itire 132KV Transmission Line 1 and the Ojo 132KV Transmission Line 2 from which the areas are fed electricity for better service to them.

“During the period the outage will last, the 4X90 MVA power transformers and another 150MVA power transformer will be out of service at the Akangba 132KV substation in order to provide a safe working space for the workers.

We promise to restore supply to all the affected areas as soon as the work is concluded.

“We sincerely apologise for the short notice on the outage and regrets inconveniences this will cause all that will be affected.”

http://punchng.com/lagosll-experience-blackout-today-tcn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Na today?
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Larryfest(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Lol...dem dey try show care like the western world,t well this isn't a new thing abeg the power supply is never available before sef.
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by atirolu(m): 8:43am On Jul 18, 2016
Was there light on b4 ?
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2016
grin

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by ajebuter(f): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
For this Lagos wey me l dey live?
We dey get light before?
Oga fashola, park well jare..
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by babajero(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2016
AntiWailer:
We will get there.
Please Where are you going to?

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by saintdennis(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2016
We had close to 20hours light a day here in ikd for a month + now.

But these past 3days been rily disgusting 0hours abeg what's up with all these evils na
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by babajero(m): 8:56am On Jul 18, 2016
AntiWailer:
We will get there.
Please Where are you going to? Because you have been getting there for some years now, without ever reaching there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by AntiWailer: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2016
babajero:
Please Where are you going to?

Are u on a spot and planning to quench on the spot ?

Nigeria has a destination and we would get there.

I have travelled to countries where they announce that there will be 30minutes black out.

We will get there.
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by teacherbim(f): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2016
So what have we been experiencing before?Redout
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2016
veekid:
How I wish the whole country will be like this? Getting notification on when supply would be restored and or interrupted

U r gettin ds info because we ve always had black out
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by AntiWailer: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2016
babajero:
Please Where are you going to? Because you have been getting there for some years now, without ever reaching there.

You can choose to give up and die on the spot.

I have a dream my children, grand children and great grand children will meet a Nigeria where Permission would be taken before light can blink.
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by eph12(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2016
I laugh. What have we been having before? Red-out?
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by sweetjohn(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2016
Keep going to the pit while your Buhari (APC) are going to europe
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Musquareney(m): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2016
tele nko... Una dey give light before
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2016
I dont understand undecided na lagos nigeria or lagos atlanta?

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by litaninja(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2016
I'm not even sure I understand this post...
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by AuroraB(f): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2016
EvilSeeed:
Which Lagos are they talking about?

The Lagos wey I dey, never get light since GEJ commot for office. grin
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Rejoyce78(f): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2016
As if we dey get light before! Maybe they intend covering the sun! Mtcheeew.... "Black out ko Blue out ni"....... To whom brain is given, sense is expected. angry
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by bighorlus(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2016
do they mean a different kind from the one we have become used to?
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Sirmuel1(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2016
As if we have light before grin grin

All thanks to my small tiger grin
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Wizdude(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2016
veekid:
How I wish the whole country will be like this? Getting notification on when supply would be restored and or interrupted

Omo if it's like that for the whole country ehn, na we go tire.
Cos there'll be notifications every now and then and I'm sure you don't want to experience shit like that.
Change!!
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by camry2008: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2016
is there light in Lagos before everything about Buhari regime is really Buhari
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by frugal(m): 9:10am On Jul 18, 2016
No shi.t.
Re: Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN by Thoughty2(m): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2016
Na today? Common gerrara here mehn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Poll: We Will Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate If... - INEC / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting In Abuja / Breaking: Ajimobi Running For Senate After Eight Years As Oyo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.