Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Lets Participate In The Change: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Participate In The Change: (1388 Views)

Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
The Nigerian Issue! The few of us thats truly interested in the change,thats apalled by the situation of Nigeria, have done nothing but talks,talks and talks! The truth is we have been talking for too long and for a long time now! Nothing have changed,things are getting worse.Our (we) youths have lost the way. When the present leaders were youth,they werent as corrupt as us! Now,imagine the present youth taking up the leadership of this country!
Nobody is taking a bold step to effect the change.These days everybody has gotten used to the song of change! Politician sings it. Corrupt people sings it. It has become a theme song! We graduate from a University that is paralysed into a sick society that caters for nobody except the rich. We dance and merry while the money that belongs to over 150 million people is been squandered and laundered by less than 25,000 corrupt leaders! Our senators are fighting over 'allowances' abandoning the mass that voted for them,

You know the situation,so i dont need to start ranting,

Before, we still have people fighting for us albeit unsuccessful, now,they are getting old and dying off!

I say we stand up against them.I say we use our patriotic spirit and our intelligence against them. I say we use their resources against them, I say we stop talking and give it back to them in force.I say we do it now,once and for all!

Im trying to locate people like us who is ready for actions,we can deliberate on some sketchy plans i have,turn it to a masterplan and execute,
People are out there hiding,waiting for a push! I say we get them and work together,

Plz email me at: change-nigeria@yuurok.com so we can discuss at lenghh!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Poster, how ready are you for change? What exactly are you will to do, starting today, to see change in the near future?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
Im ready to go to any lenght! We need people who are patriotic! This country will remain like this for a long time! People keep talking about hope,God will not descend from heaven to help.Obama will not come down to Aso Rock to rule! Hoping will not do anything now.Lets kick start the actions!!
Send me a mail if you are interested!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
You do realize there have been hundreds like you who have passed through this way in the past with the same message. What exactly are you looking to DO? And how?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, I know. I know there are people like you out there who dont believe,do nothing about it but plenty talks,who discourages the few ready to take action!
But I also know, i will not give up, It might take some time for me to gather committed and patriotic fellow people to carry out my plan,but I wont give up!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by sjeezy8: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
its not within ourselves it lies within our leaders

If everyone where to think about standing up against it like you it would turn into somalia.

WORSE THEN NOW

the only thing is to start convincing our leaders to be as corrupt as they want, BUT DO IT FOR THE INTEREST OF NIGERIANS PUT NIGERIA BEFORE THEMSELVES. Like American leaders do, they are corrupt as hell but they always look for the future of Americans even if its killing one of their own or invading/bombing another country.

Nigerians are plain selfish greedy and money hungry and dont care about the countries future.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Epiphany(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You do realize there have been hundreds like you who have passed through this way in the past with the same message. What exactly are you looking to DO? And how?

grin

Kobo, you be policeman? Which one you dey interrogate the poster like this? grin

However @ Poster, really, what are you looking to DO and how? Are you going to be like Mandela who went to jail for so many years? Are you going to be like the Late Gani who has been a visitor in many cells in Nigeria? Are you going to be like Soyinka et al, who openly speak and protest against every successive government?

What are you going to do, i ask again? You cant be telling us to send you a mail if we are interested. . .you have to give us a hint if you aim to capture our attention!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Judeylive:

Yeah, I know. I know there are people [b]like you out there who dont believe,do nothing about it but plenty talks,who discourages the few ready to take action![/b]But I also know, i will not give up, It might take some time for me to gather committed and patriotic fellow people to carry out my plan,but I wont give up!
And this is where stupid rares it's ugly head. Do you know me personally enough to know I do not believe and all I do is talk and do nothing? Again, I have seen people like you come on here, ask for emails and then vanish, so what are you planning to do to see change? What sets you apart from the others?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
Epiphany:

grin

Kobo, you be policeman? Which one you dey interrogate the poster like this? grin

However @ Poster, really, what are you looking to DO and how? Are you going to be like Mandela who went to jail for so many years? Are you going to be like the Late Gani who has been a visitor in many cells in Nigeria? Are you going to be like Soyinka et al, who openly speak and protest against every successive government?

What are you going to do, i ask again? You cant be telling us to send you a mail if we are interested. . .you have to give us a hint if you aim to capture our attention!

Roflmao!!! You ask me why i dey interrogfate am, but yet you come follow me dey interrogate the guy too? roflmao!!!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by mustafar1: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
he needs someone who would help serve all nigeria's theiving leaders 'tea'. is that enough info to convince and not confuse u? by the way the result of the tea party might not fix things if we dont screen those who replace them as well for defects.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by MrCrackles(m): 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, how ready are you for change? What exactly are you willing to do, starting today, to see change in the near future?
What about you tongue
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
I don’t even believe we need to work to REPLACE them considering they were all once one of us, who is to say the next group is not going to be the same? I am more for people gaining the upper hand in the system. That is the only way to make the government more accountable in the end. What we lack today is accountability. Not until we install a system that ensures those in government are accountable to the governed, will we see lasting change; change in the right direction.

People coming in every other week to announce they are ready for change need to themselves come in with something more solid than the usual. I have been on here long enough to see many come and go.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Epiphany(m): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! You ask me why i dey interrogfate am, but yet you come follow me dey interrogate the guy too? roflmao!!!

Ehen now, me sef check the guy out. I have also seen many people who want this change but do not have any real ideas or programs planned out. I must confess that i also want to see and experience this change but do not know how to go about it. . .that is why i am interrogating the guy na. Make im give me ideas!

Abi how you see am? By their works, ye shall know them. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HIS 'WORKS' ARE!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

What about you tongue

If you knew half of why I left Nigeria, you would know I have been ready since I was born.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by MrCrackles(m): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you knew half of why I left Nigeria, you would know I have been ready since I was born.
For real shocked grin
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by redsun(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
Anybody shouting for a change outside nigeria is nothing but a toothless bulldog,me include,we need to sacrifice out comfort zones wherever we are and face the madness head on if we really mean business.

Cnange does not come on a platter of gold.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by MrCrackles(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
redsun:

Anybody shouting for a change outside nigeria is nothing but a toothless bulldog,me include,we need to sacrifice out comfort zones wherever we are and face the madness head on if we really mean business.

GBAM!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2009
And that is the mentality that continues to keep us all handicapped, even with all we have at our fingertips. It is not just the Nigerians living in Nigeria that are in a COMA, those outside have also convinced themselves that ONLY when they are in Nigeria can they make a difference and so they continue to live their lives NOT CARING cause they have CONVINCED themselves that they are essentially useless until that once a year when they go back to Nigeria.

Doesn't that sound like the USUAL excuse there? Yet we have examples of so many Nigerians outside who have from right where they are, impacted the lives of those in their communities back home. @McCrackles.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by mustafar1: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

does it have to do with that bully in KG that used to take peoples VIP and UNCLE SOYO?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by redsun(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
must_a_far:

does it have to do with that bully in KG that used to take peoples VIP and UNCLE SOYO?

They found out he/she was working for CIA,double dealing.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Epiphany(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
redsun:

O boy, na strong statement be dis o. Why na? Many of us have not done anything to warrant the hopeless situation Nigeria finds herself in. We are just victims of other peoples greed, stupidity and selfishness.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
must_a_far:

Roflmao!!! If Only ooo!!!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2009
I've re-read this thread and I understand the skepticism. A lot of people have stood up in the past in this site,gave some people hope,only to disappear into thin air along with the hope of people!
Its so sad. I know!
But still, giving me chance to explain myself a little bit might be helpful considering Ive be online for the past two days for this plan to work and ive gotten just one positive response,which is frustrating. But i wont give up!

Believe me,i'm not planning something small to just include talking. All we do is talk. But we all know the problem we have in Nigeria,even a baby knows, A baby would have heard it thousand times, We all know who to blame, We all know who is guilty of corruption! The annoy thing is : They are not hiding it anymore,they probably think Nigerians are stupid,they might be right because we know the truth,but do nothing about it,

From all angles,it has shown these leaders are cowards.All thieves are coward anyway! With a little bit pressure,they will buckle, We just need intelligent and brave people to appy the pressure,
We know their weak points,they dont want to be exposed.We expose them, How many investigative reporter do we have in Nigeria? None? We raise them up.We establish a newspaper to carry this out (I have a crazy idea how we can get one), Haue u guys seen Punch lately,the only paper in Nigeria that tells the closest thing to the truth? It has become an ad paper! Over 25 pages of ads!

Let us plan and use their own resources against them. Lets utilise their ineffectiveness to their disadvantage,

These and many other stuffs, I know what im talking about, I know its not gonna be easy, I know its not gonna happen overnight, Thats why it requires intelligent people coming together to plan!

Lets be the REVOLUTIONARIES without the violence, or at least a controlled violence,
The amount of people a soldier will kill within a period,it will require a lesser time if done by a scholar!
A lot of people are out there hiding,all they need is people to guide them and they will fight for the cause,
By now we should know that only a Positive FORCE can solve the Nigeria problem,
Talking cannot solve it again. The way i see it,a lot of good Nigerians are turning to the opposite, We Can Do This!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
The producer of Youth Expression in SABC just requested to have a live telephone interview with me on sunday morning.Plz endeavour to listen.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by bilms(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2009
lets see what happen next, but even d new born baby in Nigeria no that we need change,
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Afam(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2009
Judeylive:

The producer of Youth Expression in SABC just requested to have a live telephone interview with me on sunday morning.Plz endeavour to listen.

Of what relevance is this telephone interview with a foreign media to what you are talking about?

If you are willing to discuss your plans on air then I see no reason why you cannot put them down here especially when people have severally asked you what you intend to do and how you intend to go about it.

The issue is not whether we need change in Nigeria.

The issue is how can the change be effected without unnecessary bloodshed?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2009
I was asked to discuss some Nigeria issues, i never said anything about going on air with my plans. I cannot do that,

So, Afam, Apart from talking, what else have you done about this Nigeria problem? After the talking you'll probably feel cool with yourself and go back to bed?
Plz i dont want us to start talking back at each other here,because apparently thats what most people do here, Abusing, arguing,showing off their knowledge,
I was doing this before,untill i decided it wasnt going to change anything, I have to stand up and put my words into action, I started writting and posting it everywhere,untill i also knew thats not gonna change much too, Its like an ant cry among elephants. So i went back thinking. I thought so hard untill i was sure i was going to go mad, Then i came up with a plan, And here we are. So,what have I done wrong? I thought you guys thats wise enough to bother checking the Politics Forum will understand me. I thought i will be encouraged, But you guys are picking on me, Criticizing me.For what? Are you guys comfortable with this situation in Nigeria? Everything is going wrong? Why are you attacking someone that is ready for the change.Why are we still divided even among us? Why are we been cowards? Why cant we just come together to change things. Why cant we just share ideas and come up with a formidable plan! Anywhere two or more intelligent people are in agreement cant remain the same.We can get more than 50 patriotic intelligent people in Nigeria, We can do this! I need help! I cant do this alone, I'm begging you guys to come forward, Its going to be hard,but it cant get harder than it is already, You guys might not understand this because you can still afford to browse, Some people cant afford to eat all, Millions of people! We have the resources.Nigeria is rich enough to feed half of Africa if we are governed well, We Have to START from somewhere!!
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Afam(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
Judeylive:

I was asked to discuss some Nigeria issues, i never said anything about going on air with my plans. I cannot do that,

So, Afam, Apart from talking, what else have you done about this Nigeria problem? After the talking you'll probably feel cool with yourself and go back to bed?
Plz i dont want us to start talking back at each other here,because apparently thats what most people do here, Abusing, arguing,showing off their knowledge,
I was doing this before,untill i decided it wasnt going to change anything, I have to stand up and put my words into action, I started writting and posting it everywhere,untill i also knew thats not gonna change much too, Its like an ant cry among elephants. So i went back thinking. I thought so hard untill i was sure i was going to go mad, Then i came up with a plan, And here we are. So,what have I done wrong? I thought you guys thats wise enough to bother checking the Politics Forum will understand me. I thought i will be encouraged, But you guys are picking on me, Criticizing me.For what? Are you guys comfortable with this situation in Nigeria? Everything is going wrong? Why are you attacking someone that is ready for the change.Why are we still divided even among us? Why are we been cowards? Why cant we just come together to change things. Why cant we just share ideas and come up with a formidable plan! Anywhere two or more intelligent people are in agreement cant remain the same.We can get more than 50 patriotic intelligent people in Nigeria, We can do this! I need help! I cant do this alone, I'm begging you guys to come forward, Its going to be hard,but it cant get harder than it is already, You guys might not understand this because you can still afford to browse, Some people cant afford to eat all, Millions of people! We have the resources.Nigeria is rich enough to feed half of Africa if we are governed well, We Have to START from somewhere!!

You seem to be missing the point.

What do you intend to do and how do you intend to go about it.

No serious person will jump into anything you want to do without having any idea of what you intend to do.

No one is attacking you. Answer the relevant questions.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Judeylive(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
Do you have a better alternative.Any alternative at all?
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2009
I actually do have a BETTER alternative and that actually involves tackling the problem head, rather than continuing to go around and around in circles pretending we do not know what it is we are up against, at this point.
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by bilms(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
Judeylive:

for us ro stan up and say yes we can,then u have to tell us ur plan,

who knows may be u re tryin to do something else,

but when u say what u have in mind, then am sure people here are not dumb,we knw what we want and when we see anyone who show us the clue on how to get it, we are all ready to support it,

present ur plan and u will get d support,

go check nigerian development project, a topic on nl, where something like this once happned, we where about 200 people now, but what happend? nothing,

we did not get anywhwere because of lack of proper plan & direction
Re: Lets Participate In The Change: by proudly9ja(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2009
guys, rather than fight or argue or even throw tantrums, why don't we come up with suggestions on what to do? I for one know that no human being has all the knowledge and noone can claim to have the best idea but what I think should be paramount is the GOAL. Im assuming we all have the same goal of seeing a better Naija in our time or even for our children and future generation. How do we achieve this is the question.

If each indivisual comes up with a plan and everyone will align with wateva plan he/she wants to align with.

Let us remember, 2011 is around the corner and I strongly feel that this time around, we have a chance to make or mar the future of our Nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story Story From Abia State / Yar Adua Crippled ! / Top 7 Reasons Why Yarádua Was Declared Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.