Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man (4916 Views)

16 Key Peculiarities Of Dating An Independent Woman / Advantages Of Dating An Older Woman / The Unique Perks Of Dating An Older Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by Rapmoney(m): 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by Ranchhoddas: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
You all should stop hyper-ventilating. It's Naijasinglegirl.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Truth is,it works perfectly well for some ladies,while to other ladies its the opposite.....if u av noticed,some older men dis days are even more legit, and updated Dan some of our yng guys. I will say its diff strokes for diff folks.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by MissBN(f): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2016
I guess she clearly meant men that are really advanced in age (like almost the agemate of your parents) and not men that are just older than the girls...

Well i find the post interesting cuz its very true....

Lol@upcoming ancestor...
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by Fadedjeans: 10:50am On Aug 02, 2016
The topic is misleading. I don't see anything wrong in dating or marrying an older man. Everyone's got their preference. Personally I think marrying/ dating a man 7-13 years older is ideal. And if you're talking about the disadvantages of women dating/ marrying men old enough to be their fathers, then I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by Totosin: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2016
I like older men.
BoboFashion:

Like 50 yrs up?
No, like Otedola upward.
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by ZeeAfrica(f): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dumb post. Op, r u blond honey?
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by asahnwaKC: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
50yrs and above is cool.. tongue
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by Toks2008(m): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
A man who is older than you and pays the bills feels you owe him. He is entrenched in his life and you would have to conform to his way of living. If he’s used to storing milk in an old custard container, eating eba at 5am in the morning, not shaving his kini or sleeping naked, don’t expect him to stop just because you’ve arrived on the scene.

He is not adventurous
He will think you are mad if you tell him to wear the dog or coachfella filter on Snapchat. He thinks you spend too much time with your phone. He cannot spontaneously hop on a plane and travel with you because he has a board meeting in two days.

Sometimes he look really old
Especially when he does something you find really upsetting. You start to wonder if he is going through late life crisis.

Conversations can be difficult
Sometimes you just want to talk about Wizkid tweets and he just wants to talk about the tiny scar on his right arm he sustained during the Nigerian civil war.

Family Tension
It's possible that your family would have difficulty adjusting to and accepting your mate if he's close to your parents in age, or not far from it.

Some things are permanent
He is more likely to have a pot belly and a bit of wrinkle here and there. Also, if he is terrible in bed at his age, he will always be terrible since he refused to learn work when he was young.

He might see you as a maternal figure
During the courtship stage, he might expect you to do perform maternal rules. Certain things like take care of his laundry, cook, house keeping etc

He might not be romantic
His idea of a romantic evening might be taking you to a joint where smoked fish and small stout is sold. He sees little difference between May 27th and February 14th. You cannot buy him chocolates because his doctor warned it would trigger his arthritis.

He is an upcoming ancestor
If he's really old, his years on earth are numbered and this fact would give you sleepless night.

Dealing with Stereotypes
The most well-known negative stereotype associated with significant age differences between young women and older men is the "sugar daddy"
stereotype, which suggests that an older man is financially generous with a younger woman in exchange for her company. Public reception of you
and your older mate may reflect this stereotype, which could generate stares and whispers from passersby.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/dating-an-older-man-the-cons/
Re: The Disadvantages Of Dating An Older Man by countryfive: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2017
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: Guys, Is This True? (see This Photo) / Lady Travels From London To Nigeria For S*x Only To Make This Shocking Discovery / FACT: 9 Out Of Every 10 Nigerian Men Love this Female Lebanese Singer [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.