Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

I Remain Loyal To APC – Saraki July 18, 2016akorede Shakir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Loyal To APC – Saraki July 18, 2016akorede Shakir (607 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / JUST IN: Buhari’s Govt Has No Economic Blueprint – Senate July 21, 2016akorede S / Court Stops Abia CJ, Others From Swearing In Ogah Till July 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Remain Loyal To APC – Saraki July 18, 2016akorede Shakir by babanett: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
I Remain Loyal To APC – Saraki
July 18, 2016Akorede Shakir
Senate President Bukola Saraki has re-avowed his loyalty to the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, The Brief reports.

Saraki conveyed his belief that the Buhari-government will redeem its electoral promises made during the 2015 general elections.

The Senate President made this statement today, July 18, at the Abuja Housing Show where top government officials and prominent stakeholders in the housing sector brainstormed on “Expanding Access To Avoidable Housing In Africa.”

Acknowledging the presence of the APC National Organizing Secretary, Senator Osita Izunaso who earlier kick-started discussions at the summit, Saraki assured that the APC government is unwaveringly committed to the social welfare of the people while re-affirming his unalloyed loyalty to the party.

“The Senate and the National Assembly as a whole believe very strongly that we must make a difference in the housing sector,” he said.

The Senate President, reacting to observations that the existing housing laws need respective amendment and repeal, charged the organizers of the Summit to take a further step by forwarding a document of laws requiring amendments to the National Assembly.

“I assure you actions will be taken instantaneously,” Saraki promised.

Saraki asserted that the Senate has commenced the review processes of several laws affecting housing in the country. According to him, the review of the National Housing Fund Act is on-going and would be completed before the end of the year.

According to the APC National Organizing Secretary, Senator Izunaso, housing deficit in Nigeria is pegged at 17,000million housing units.

As at today, only 10% of those who dream to own a house in the country can afford it, as against the 92% house owners in Singapore.

The center objective of the Summit, however, is to come up with feasible strategies on how to end the problem of homelessness in Nigeria.

Other personalities at the Summit include the representative of the Speaker of House of Reps, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Turkish Ambassador to Nigeria, Hakan Çakıl, TUC President, Comrade Bobboi Kaigama, among other investors.
Re: I Remain Loyal To APC – Saraki July 18, 2016akorede Shakir by Escodeb(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
You can't be loyal to two parties sir

(1) (Reply)

So People Are Now Comparing Buhari's Government With Attitudes? / Nigeria Politician When Seeking For You Vote / I Am Constrained To Form A New Handle In Order To Address Matters Arising.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.