Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know (50422 Views)

Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / 11 Pictures Relating To Secondary School In Nigeria / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

I don't understand french o, the only word I understand is applause

Lol, it's in that book na, it means "give her an applause"
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by dmcdad: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
hpk:
OP DON'T FORGET P.N OKEKE OHHHH....
With his partner; M.W Anyakoha.cheesy

1 Like

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by IbBarham(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
Op ur list is incomplete.. what of modern biology,exam focus and further mathematics project
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by ifymagik(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
OP Na Wao

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by nwaanambra1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
chiefololade:

Mehn... Nelkon Don wear new look, Mr Anyanwu wan kill us that year

o! boy i surprise oo! sotey i no recognize nelkon again! cheesy

but physics was sweet i swear!. cool i don even forgot the name of our physics teacher then. proudly st. mike nimo!
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Wenebadu(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
On point @op
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by mizzbouqui(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
ifymagik:
OP Na Wao

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
I'm 16 tongue
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by nwaanambra1(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
na general mathematics i hate pass

thats why ur brain dull like dis! cheesy cheesy cheesy

quote me ozaoekpe! grin
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Solace5: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
What of chemistry by lambert

2 Likes

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by nwaanambra1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

I'm 16 tongue

16! chai! but with that kind shape and nice round a.ss, and that glorious chest wey u carry, i no mind committing child abuse on top uooo!!! tongue tongue cheesy cheesy

my lawyers fit help me escape the jail term! cool cool
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Dexema(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
saintdeby:
Op u are a small pikin during our time we used Nelson Biology, PHY for sec sch by PN OKEKE , GEOGRAPHY GUOEO CHELOUNG
I sight you boss! goh cheng leong made sense, boys also did research with Nelkon physics and abbott chemistry ( I swear ITK full my set back then).
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by goldenone(f): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
my precious mastering English!!!

1 Like

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by dmcdad: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
New School Chemistry by Osei Yaw Ababio.

Modern Biology.

Ordinary Level Physics by A.F Abbott.

Comprehensive Chemistry and other series.

Advanced Level Physics by M. Nelkon and P. Parker.

New School Physics by P.N Okeke & M.W Anyakoha.

Mehn... Those days sha.cheesy

Additional Mathematics by Godman.

Pure Mathematics for Advanced Level by Bunday.

Honourable mention: Engineering Mathematics by K.A Stroud.cheesy

And the best English textbooks ever! A-One in English and A to Z of Jamb's Use of English by Dele Ashade.

6 Likes

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Arielle: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Goh Cheng Leong, Osei Ababio. I dropped Physics in form 4. But geography was my favourite. OP these books are too recent. We 40 plus don't know them.

1 Like

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by eyekaynoble: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:
It wasn’t like there was no rough part, but well we had fun (where the fun is dependent on a lot of things). We bonded over things like punishments especially when we were punished in groups and so many other things.

The worst part of secondary school was the schooling part. The part where a teacher comes in to teach subjects.  We’re taking you down memory lane today by trying to reminisce on the books we used back in the days (pretty sure they use just a few today). Due to unavailability of pictures on the internet, we’re not able to bring you all the ones we know but enjoy this list.

1. There was Alawiye which was every Yoruba student’s nightmare
U tried but u 4got N.O.E.C., LACOMBE UPPER & MIDDLE STANDARD, BRIGHTER GRAMMAR etc

1 Like

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by BossDanniee(m): 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
New general mathematics and Onyva are my worst!
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by damilare7(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
where're modern biology, essential agric sci. , technical drawing by g n green, intensive english
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by ifymagik(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:
I'm 16 tongue
Adonbilivit

How can u tell me dat?

With all dis Endowment am seeing.
Haba
I Bow for ur Lie

See ur Waist

Hey!!!!!!
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by toksclive(m): 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Their all resent books
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by omolafetuyi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
Wot of ababio and odiaka grin
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by allytinted: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
You did not include New School Mathematics.....that textbook was very very helpful back then.
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Ekeseges(f): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
sanyahkod:
Back in the days I remember 'Uturu'. Click like if you do too.
Did you school at Marist Uturu
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by sanyahkod(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ekeseges:
Did you school at Marist Uturu

No I did not o. Never heard of it.
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Stemkay: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dis one nko?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by diva90: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
This brought back memories. I remember all except the Yoruba one and home economics. The sight of Some of these books tortured me... Maths, Chemistry and physics
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Globalhustler(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:

I'm 16 tongue
miss Y u lying now. 16 ke, u shd not b less than 23. With this ur dp.
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by glossy6(f): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:
9. If you did Geography, you should remember this book. You must 

Ha! Gho Chen Longe. One of my classmates tied a cardigan on her waist & put the textbook in her back and entered the exams hall on Geography day. Omo! See artificial hunched back grin grin grin grin
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Globalhustler(m): 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
I know many of these textbooks. Further maths project was omitted. N that geography textbook made me understand n love earth geography then.
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by phemmyfour: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
mizzbouqui:
3. And the New General Mathematics series where we dubbed the back for answers all the time
I ll appreciate the original version of New general Mathematics, not this remix
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by samwise99(m): 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
Cherishing:
Back in the days "New General Mathematics 1,2,3"

Schooling with textbook was like a soccer game,you dare not miss the pass when it gets to you.

My elder Bros will read and pass to me, then me to my younger sister....till we all through with textbook.

Me too, I no even buy any text book...... Na this passing process tinz
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Na P N Okeke we used for our physics during my own time
Re: 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know by phemmyfour: 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
isan:
Alawiye wan kill me ehn
Obe Baba ba Obo Oba
A o ba Baba be Oba
A o ba be e

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motunrayo Ajia: Covenant University CGPA 5.0, All Time Best Graduating Student / See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Petrochemical Engineering, Is It A Nice Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.