Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves (495 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by dramaticspeak(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
My thought is born out of these two truths; that testimonies are shared to strenghten the faith of other believers and What God did for one he can do for another because he is no respecter of persons.

See where the problem lies. When testimonies are shared sometimes amongst believers, the testifier would many a times skip the details of what he or she did to get such testimony and would rather make it look like he just prayed and God did it or the pastor spoke and he just said Amen and that was all. Then when someone else desiring the same testimony should try only what was shared by the testifier he might not get such a testimony.

For example someone testifies about miracle job and in the cause of job hunting reached out to a friend who connected him to the job and when he is testifying he might only say he prayed and trusted God and the job came.
Amongst many other similar testimonies. Business people are not left out. You collect a loan from your husband and you fail to mention it.

The summary is that christians should be very open when sharing testimonies. State what you did before the testimony did so others that desire it can do same. #justmythought.
Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by hadjipapiey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
I air your thoughts Op

1 Like

Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by Tenkobos(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
I concur bro. Properity preacher breed lazy christians and the gullibility of their member or believers is pathetic.

Some of these great men of God passed through hell to get to where they are.

Some of them still keep sleepless nights to write their books and other things they do to keep body and soul together but they will tell you to shout Amen and your problem will disappear.

1 Like

Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by dramaticspeak(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
Lol. I totally agree with you guys
Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by AngelAhnie(f): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
Testimony for some church funny...

A lady once made me to laugh like a mad person in a church service with her testimonygrin grin grin

This lady left her sit to the front of the Church to testify how she picked money on the floor...grin
I was like ...this one well so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by dramaticspeak(m): 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Lmao
Re: We Christians Are The Ones Doing Ourselves by hopefulLandlord: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
Truth is there is NO unambiguous miracle that only happen to Christians that don't happen to adherents of other religion and also atheists

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Biblical Facts That (almost)everyone Gets Wrong: PART IV / Marriage And Voodoo / Surprised!? "More Churches, Less Factories" What You Need To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.