Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones (51788 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Buys New Car For His Barber / Pastor Adeboye Buys New Helicopter For Rural Evangelism / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 10:54am On May 21, 2018
Bishop Oyedepo announces arrival of brand new Church Aircraft

*All previously owned aircraft sold out.

*Says ‘What God cannot give me, let me never have it’.

By Leke Beecroft

Bishop Oyedepo today announced the arrival of a new aircraft bought by the Living Faith Church aka Winners’ Chapel. Previously the Church had sold out all her old aircraft including the helicopter and the Challenger 605 with registration, N633WM as stated earlier by Church Gist.

The Bishop had announced in April 1982 at a ‘powerhouse’ meeting held at the inception of the Church among other things that God had told him that the ministry will soon be on wings carrying the gospel to the nations of the world. All except one of the several points itemized during that meeting has seen the light of the day in the 37 year old Ministry. Since 1996 when the first Aircraft, a Hawker Siddeley 25 with registration 5N-WMA (World Mission Agency), was purchased at one hundred million naira (N100 million), Winners’ Chapel has used at least 5 different fixed wing aircraft and one helicopter while each of them as a tradition is always sold for an updated model as they begin to age.

The Church has strong presence in over 60 nations of the world and has invested in heavy Church and educational infrastructure particularly in Kenya, Ghana, DR Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Benin Republic, Zambia and in over 30 more African countries as well as UK, USA and many more across the 6 continents. The Bishop and his lieutenants visit all the Churches located in these nations annually in what is called ‘apostolic visits’ usually between the month of April and October. It will be recalled that in one of such hectic visits in 2004, his wife, Pastor Faith Oyedepo fell ill and though she’s back to her duties in the Church, except for few visitations to particular nations, she is excluded from the rigors of the annual apostolic visits.

Announcing on Sunday morning, Bishop Oyedepo who had unsuccessfully tried to join the Nigerian Airforce through the Nigerian Defence Academy in 1973 said to the congregants at the 50,000 capacity Faith Tabernacle during the first service:

‘Men and brethren we have a brand new Aircraft at the airport’. Shortly before that he had announced in his sermon about the virtues of love and giving as well as exhorting on the need to focus totally on God that:

‘What God cannot give me, let me never have it.
Where God cannot take me, let me never get there.
What God cannot do for me, let it remain undone.

The Bishop and his team have survived a number of aircraft mishaps, the last coming in 2017 which led to thanksgiving across the branches of the Church Worldwide.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1347825885361279&id=444807728996437

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 10:54am On May 21, 2018
Chai ppl said the church is already going broke because of freeze. But today the same church is currently building two universities at the same time, procuring a jet and still building a multi billion estate.

I'm sure they sold the N633WM because of the recent air mishap enroute Isreal - Cyprus. If one must use a jet, one should kukuma use a good one not a flying casket.

Anyway the church only owns ONE jet but has used five in totality. I.e sell and buy new one. Let's settle that before the propagators of fake news take the story to another level.

I do earnestly await the CU Teaching Hospital project, dunno why they are stalling on that one... Don't worry your haters are really going to poo on their bodies when you become the first Nigerian to fly(and employ) in multiple Nobel Laureates into the country in one week.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 10:58am On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:
Chai ppl said the church is already going broke because of freeze. But today the same church is currently building two universities at the same time, procuring a jet and still building a multi billion estate.

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 11:07am On May 21, 2018
Freeze and his followers will be having sleepless night on reading this news.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by dgr8truth(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2018
You bought a new airplane for yourself to enjoy, also contributing to government coffers through taxes and other levies, but the poor and foolish christians who contributed 10 percent of their sweat to fund your life style have nothing in return. Ah, Mr MOG you are wicked!

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 11:23am On May 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by humblenature: 11:23am On May 21, 2018
lipsrsealed

"Which gospel is oyedepo going to preach with jet?

Is it the gospel of Christ or?

This is what i call " misused tithes and offerings"

This is a total waste of money....

Oyedepo I don't want to insult you but you are going too far...

Why am I angry sef,, do I even know the actual "GOD" you serve?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by AngelicBeing: 11:23am On May 21, 2018
cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 11:23am On May 21, 2018
angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by inoki247: 11:23am On May 21, 2018
food iz readyy

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by matuskyoo7(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2018
The preach any vanity and yet the acquire vanities

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Nobody: 11:24am On May 21, 2018
This man should have a medal and statue on behalf of him by now.
His contribution to the Religious Looters association of Nigeria (RLAN) Can never be over emphasized.

17 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by flexyrule(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2018
I key into Pastor Oyedepo's grace.
Father let me be blessed beyond measure.
Bless me beyond my imagination.

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by avatarstone: 11:25am On May 21, 2018
Baller cool cool Oga boss... fly am on ur way to heaven o..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by HigherEd: 11:25am On May 21, 2018
jboy73:
This man should have a medal and statue on behalf of him by now.
His contribution to the Religious Looters association of Nigeria (RLAN) Can never be over emphasized.

Well he is not hiding anything. Every single thing he procures he reveals himself because he knows he is doing nothing shady. He only bought a flying vehicle(aircraft) for his ministry just as you probably bought a ground vehicle(Car) for yourself.

Amazingly Winners is one of the ministries in Nigeria that don't collect offerings twice in a service. All through my stay in CU there was never a midweek service offering collected nor contributions made at the unit level.

I respect Oyedepo's prosperity message because it focuses on combining covenant principles with diligence.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2018
Thank you Satan.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by AngelicBeing: 11:27am On May 21, 2018
HigherEd:

I do earnestly await the Teaching Hospital project, dunno why they are stalling on that.

Oyedepos financial heavens is always opened per second per second, there is a mystery at work in his life that several preachers don't have, I don't think tithes and offerings alone can do all this

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by greatman247(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2018
grin Pastorpreneur, well done sir but I sincerely hope this private jet can fly you and your family to heaven grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by omowolewa: 11:27am On May 21, 2018
No comments
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by EmmyDJourno: 11:28am On May 21, 2018
If to say I no give my life to Jesus, I for be Pastor grin

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by oshe11: 11:28am On May 21, 2018
Freeze right now:

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Benjom(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2018
The energy is theirs wink
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Sirpaul(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2018
No matter what knocks you down in life, get back up and keep going. Never give up. Great blessings are a result of great perseverance......
HMMMMMMMMM

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Paperwhite(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2018
shocked shocked shocked See flexing by the so called MOG! Meanwhile the sheeple are still wallowing in their self-inflicted ignorance.
Vanity upon vanity all is vanity

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by hadjipapiey(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2018
SMH
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by Sirpaul(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2018
that would help faster in search of the lost sheep....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by globalresource: 11:29am On May 21, 2018
People have not seen anything yet....the church is getting richer. It is the fulfilment of prophesies

9 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones by BenzEne1(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2018
H

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Of God Gat The Best Wooing Lines Are Still The Best, Check This Out / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.