Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures (616 Views)

My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures / Fuel Price Hike: Don't Disappoint Nigerians Again, CLO Urges NLC & TUC.. / I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by Markieee(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Again, the Presidency has given firm assurances that the Buhari administration which came to power on the back of anti-corruption and good governance would live up to its promises and commitments regarding those commitments.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu told State House Correspondents yesterday that this was in line with the President’s wish to offer a more accountable and transparent administration.
Speaking against the backdrop of the decision of the administration to submit the budget proposals of ministries, departments, and agencies, (MDAs) to the National Assembly for their scrutiny, which is the first under this democracy, Shehu said, the remarkable development was worth celebrating.
According to him, “the laying of budgets for the MDAs, particularly those regarding the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN) and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) NNPC) behemoth is clearly unprecedented.
“The President is determined to make the budgeting more transparent and more participative. It is all part of the re-engineering of the entire processes of government for the benefit of the welfare of ordinary citizens,” the presidential spokesman explained.
Shehu quoted the President as saying that good governance is key to the nation’s progress and that transparency is the cornerstone of any government that has the welfare of ordinary citizens as its mantra, adding,
“By responding positively to the demand of the National Assembly that MDA budgets be laid before it for scrutiny, a demand mostly ignored by past administrations, President Buhari has given a clear indication of his commitment to an open, transparent and people-oriented government for Nigerians.
“He has shown that he is not hiding any secrets. It is equally a mark of respect for the institution of parliament. Our hope and expectation are that the National Assembly, acting in the best interest of the nation will allow the immediate operationalization of the budgets, so that the momentum of growth of the economy which has begun to build up will be sustained.”
He further assured that Buhari would not let Nigerians down on key promises made by the government...
Source: http://m.guardian.ng/news/i-wont-disappoint-nigerians-on-my-transparency-pledge-buhari-assures/

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by Babacele: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2016
yes sir . we are waiting for transparency on Dambazau ,Buratai and co sir.......wailers please keep off!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by ClitRaider: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2016
Time is running out!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2016
Vote For A Stone.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by hadjipapiey(m): 8:06am On Jul 19, 2016
uupgrade:
Vote For A Stone.
Hahaha... Buhari don turn stone! grin grin >sad

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by textilemania(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2016
We are equally behind you sir! cool
Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2016
hadjipapiey:
Hahaha... Buhari don turn stone! grin grin >sad
no mind me. Just tryna make my day
Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by Pheals(f): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2016
Idiota undecided mtchww this man as turn Nigeria matter to what he discuss every night on dinning table doing dinner ...
Some people just prefer change from fried rice to garri and be smiling singing " it's well it's well, in the name of Jesus it's well "

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Disappoint Nigerians On My Transparency Pledge - Buhari Assures by hadjipapiey(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2016
uupgrade:
no mind me. Just tryna make my day
Day made, enjoy it!

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Members Are Enemies Of This Country - Clark / Buhari Should Publish The Hand Over Note NOW / Nigeria Vs India A Call For Reflection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.