Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,109 members, 7,842,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt (532 Views)

I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by Osmondinho(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
ABUJA- Again, President Muhammadu Buhari
has come to the rescue of his ministers and
aides, absolving them of any corrupt practices.

Recall that the president had, during his first
media chat last December, said none of his
ministers was corrupt.
“I don’t think I tolerate corruption, I don’t think I picked anybody that I know will embarrass my government. But if you have any evidence about any of my ministers, I accept responsibility for the 36 ministers that I have. I don’t think I took anybody among the ministers who has got a case in court. Tell me one out of the 36. I don’t think I will deliberately make that mistake", he said.

Asked if he would sack any of the ministers if he or she is charged to court for corruption, he said: “No, I will insist that the case go through the courts.”

Again,the president, Monday, gave a clean bill
of health to his ministers, appealing to
discerning Nigerians to ignore orchestrated
attempts to destroy their integrity. The president also extended the same clearance to senior government officials, who were being tarred with the brush of corruption without any concrete evidence.

He spoke against the background of reports,
particularly by online media, that the
immediate past Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
(NNPC), who is also Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, was being
investigated over crude oil swap deals and gas
liftings during his tenure as GMD of the
petroleum corporation.

In a statement by his media aide, Mr. Femi
Adesina, President Buhari appealed for decent
and civilized comments, particularly when it
has to do with the integrity of those who are
serving the country. "Terrible and unfounded comments about other people's integrity are not good. We are not going to spare anybody who soils his hands, but people should please wait till such individuals are indicted," the President said.

President Buhari reiterated the administration commitment to probity, accountability and
integrity, promising that transparency remained a watchword that defined his
administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/corruption-buhari-absolves-ministers/

Re: Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by Luckylife(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
Time will tell.
Re: Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by Montaque(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Its only u that sees them as saints
Re: Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by Mynd44: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by Bari22: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
true talk
Re: Buhari: My Ministers Are Not Corrupt by theEYe21(f): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
If I hear undecided PDP APC they are all the same thing

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Nigeria Worth Knowing / FG, 14 Companies To Build N466,666 Per Kilowatt Solar Power Project / N5bn Alleged Fraud: EFCC Arrests Ex- Deputy Speaker Uwuche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.