Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari (23821 Views)

Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari / Orji Kalu Hosts 8 Ambassadors, Top Government Officials, Others At His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by dre11(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2017
Olalekan Adetayo , Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari says he did not know many of his appointees, including ministers , as of the time he appointed them into top government positions
He said he only came across their names from the records which he worked with.

According to a statement on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina , the President spoke at a state dinner organised in his honour at Abakaliki , Ebonyi State, as part of activities marking his state visit .

Buhari said his appointments were based on merit and he always considered what was best for the country in his decisions.

‘‘ Some of the people holding high positions in the government , like my ministers , will tell you that I didn’ t know them from Adam .

‘‘ I just came across their names from the records and I worked with the records . I thank God that I have a very good team , ’’ the President was quoted as saying .

Buhari also commended Governor Dave Umahi for his development strides in the state , saying ‘‘ the absolute commitment of the governor to his position is very remarkable and I am very impressed . ’’

The President , while expressing gratitude to God and the people of Ebonyi for recognising his modest contribution to the country , described Nigeria as a great country with incredible resources and highly talented people .

‘‘ We should continue to pray to God that the elites that will be in- charge of the country in the future fear God , ’’ he said .

http://punchng.com/i-didnt-know-my-ministers-top-government-officials-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by adadike281(f): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2017
Yet, it took him six months to appoint them. Baba de olodo!

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
Abba kyari ti take over

92 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by aolawale025: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria is doomed. If this present set of ministers and appointees are truly there on "merit"

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Spylord48: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2017
Based on merit or quota system, which one abeg?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Evablizin(f): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2017
cheesy

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2017
..and he finally denies them cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by magoo10(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
Sounds more like "words from a drunken master"
Zombies una see una life.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by jieta: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
we are finish, he's not even ashamed of him self. how can a President make such a dormant comment in public. so who have been appointing the so call ministers.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nkemtreasure: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
When people say that the cabal controls this country, this is the perfect example. #BuhariIsNotAware

43 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
adadike281:
Yet, it took him six months to appoint them. Baba de olodo!

Ada, do you expect him to know all his appointees, including ministers, as of the time he appointed them into top government positions? How possible was that? If it were, wouldn't it amount to appointing his friends and close associates?

No be everything we suppose quarrel about na!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
jieta:
we are finish, he's not even ashamed of him self. how can a President make such a dormant comment in public. so who have been appointing the so call ministers.

Funny!

If you were even your local govt Chairman and you are to appoint your supervisors from all or major wards in your LGA, will you know, as in, KNOW those you will appoint?

If you expect him to know them, why do we complain he appointed mostly people from his region?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Spylord48:
Based on merit or quota system, which one abeg?

Both!
Isaac Adewole is Minister of health because he is qualified and he is from the West. Okechukwu Enelamah is Minister of trade and investment because he is qualified and from the East. Rotimi Amaechi is minister of transport because he is qualified and from the South...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Great
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by AngelicBeing: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yawns sad

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by jieta: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
RoyalUc:

Funny!

If you were even your local govt Chairman and you are to appoint your supervisors from all or major wards in your LGA, will you know, as in, KNOW those you will appoint?

If you expect him to know them, why do we complain he appointed mostly people from his region?
if you don't know who you are given appointment, then why appointing him.

11 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
jieta:
if you don't know who you are given appointment, then why appointing him.

That is to say if you were your local govt Chairman and you are to appoint your supervisors from all or major wards in your LGA, will you know, as in, KNOW those you will appoint?

Simple yes or no will do...

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by jieta: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
RoyalUc:

That is to say if you were your local govt Chairman and you are to appoint your supervisors from all or major wards in your LGA, will you know, as in, KNOW those you will appoint?

Simple yes or no will do...
this goes to show that buhari and his ministers are not active, i can't be with someone for more than two years and still not have idea about the person. common! what are you even defending, it took buhari six months to appoint this minister and yet two years after he still don't know them.

oga, if am the LG chairman of my state i will know my supervisors.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by yemmight(m): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Buhari is still telling us that he has a good team. I hope we are not in trouble.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by RoyalUc(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
jieta:
this goes to show that buhari and his ministers are not active, i can't be with someone for more than two years and still not have idea about the person. common! what are you even defending, it took buhari six months to appoint this minister and yet two years after he still don't know them.

oga, if am the LG chairman of my state i will know my supervisors.

"I can't be with someone for more than two years and still not have idea about the person...it took buhari six months to appoint this minister and yet two years after he still don't know them." There is a difference between 'having idea' about a person and 'knowing' a person. Now, that's by the way.

"President Muhammadu Buhari says he did not KNOW MANY of his appointees, including ministers, AS OF THE TIME he appointed them into top government positions." He didn't say he doesn't know them now.

"if am the LG chairman of my state i will know my supervisors."
You will KNOW ALL your supervisors before or after appointing them?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by PointB: 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
You know nothing Jon Snow!

You know nothing King Bubu!

You are clueless personified!

You know nothing bros.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by ChangetheChange: 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
grin grin grin

It is finished

Cabal ti takeover

Nigeria has gone to the dogs

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by jieta: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
RoyalUc:

"I can't be with someone for more than two years and still not have idea about the person...it took buhari six months to appoint this minister and yet two years after he still don't know them." There is a difference between 'having idea' about a person and 'knowing' a person. Now, that's by the way.

"President Muhammadu Buhari says he did not KNOW MANY of his appointees, including ministers, AS OF THE TIME he appointed them into top government positions." He didn't say he doesn't know them now.

"if am the LG chairman of my state i will know my supervisors."
You will KNOW ALL your supervisors before or after appointing them?
you are going back and front on one question, I've already told you YES, i will know my supervisors.

minister's/ supervisors don't engage the President in issues affecting their ministry/ward, there don't give update to their superior, maybe your understand of different duties of supervisor/ minsters is different from my own view. because a working minister/supervisor is a yardstick use to determine if a President/chairman is working or not because there are the representative of there superior, there give update on issues affecting there ministry/ ward during this routine there get familiar with there superior.

Any minister the president does not know or familiar with after two years should be sack because he is not active. a president that knows his duties don't need to come to public place to display his ignorance.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
imagine! and he has the effontry to say it out PUBLICLY, even if u dnt know their name at heart, at least know their offices and portfolio, that shudnt be hard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by jazinogold(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
sad
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
But you knw your former SGF

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by royalamour(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
grin
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by mao19: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
ehn
Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by LastSurvivor11: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
Say way u don't know Maman daura, maina, Abba kyari etc.
I wunt be suprise if you say u don't know aisha sef
No wonder the country is in a mess

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari by goodyvin02(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
this man is a joke

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kawu Baraje Returns To PDP With nPDP (Video) / Lamido Names Streets After ‘G7-Governors’ / LASG Stops Approval Of Land Extension Into The Lagoon At Banana Island, Osborne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.