Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari (640 Views)

Ministers’ Aides Turn Executive Beggars / Hardship Hits Buhari ’s Ministers , Aides / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by ped007(m): 3:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Again, President Mohammadu Buhari has come to the rescue of his ministers and aides, absolving them of any corrupt practices.

This came on a day the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, refuted claims in some quarters that the anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government was targeted at members of the opposition party and other perceived enemies, saying the view was grossly incorrect and unfounded.

Recall that the President had, during his first media chat last December, said none of his ministers was corrupt.

“I don’t think I tolerate corruption, I don’t think I picked anybody that I know will embarrass my government. But if you have any evidence about any of my ministers, I accept responsibility for the 36 ministers that I have.

‘’I don’t think I took anybody among the ministers who has got a case in court. Tell me one out of the 36. I don’t think I will deliberately make that mistake,” he said.

He spoke against the back-drop of reports, particularly by online media, that the immediate past Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC,, who is also Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, was being investigated over crude oil swap deals and gas lifting during his tenure as GMD of the petroleum corporation.

In a statement by his media aide, Mr. Femi Adesina, President Buhari appealed for decent and civilized comments, particularly when it had to do with the integrity of those serving the country.

“Terrible and unfounded comments about other people’s integrity are not good. We are not going to spare anybody who soils his hands, but people should please wait till such individuals are indicted,” the President said.

Meanwhile, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has refuted claims in some quarters that the anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government was targeted at members of the opposition party and other perceived enemies,

Osinbajo, who fielded questions from newsmen at the end of the 27th Ordinary session of African Union in Kigali, Rwanda, yesterday, said the speculation was the handiwork of those who wanted to trivialize the anti-corruption war and stop the government from recovering stolen funds.

He said: “I think it’s entirely absurd, I think that view is absurd and without foundation or basis whatsoever. We look at corruption from all possible facets.

‘’If you look at, for example, corruption on the military, from military procurement, obviously the only individuals responsible for that could be persons who had held office within the period in question and that has been done and clearly the opposition, APC, was not in office at that time.”
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/buhari-absolves-ministers-aides-corruption/

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by ped007(m): 3:14am On Jul 20, 2016
Lalasticlala...
U believe this
If U ask me.... I will just ask Nigerians
SMH

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Taeewo(m): 3:27am On Jul 20, 2016
Ok
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by iamsparrow(m): 3:31am On Jul 20, 2016
As much as I love Bubu, I cannot but disagree with him, not only stealing is corruption, lying is also corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 20, 2016
As long as you're a member of APC ...

You're absolved of any wrong doing

Government of propaganda..... they think that 180mil people are fools
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by kuuljay(m): 3:39am On Jul 20, 2016
After your tenure we will find out,however every sane mind knows that if buhari will have to also probe his own boys then his government will collapse, ordinary class reps in schools are now buying cars not to talk of politicians, that's how bad we have gotten to

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Standing5(m): 3:52am On Jul 20, 2016
Goat are lovers of yam so it is normal yam-controlling goats of the past 16 year of excess yam get probed.
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:56am On Jul 20, 2016
carmag:
As long as you're a member of APC ...

You're a scent.
Like candle scent or the smell of fried chicken?
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 20, 2016
Anyone who have a problem with his ministers should just come up with hard evidences.
' eni ti ko je gbi, ko le ku gbi joor '

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by tempest01(m): 4:30am On Jul 20, 2016
We should come out with evidences for APC members, but for PDP members, EFCC should carry out their constitutional job right?

You people are bunch of jokers.

EFCC said Fayose got kick backs....tell me which politician in Nigeria has never gotten kick backs?

What is worth doing is worth doing well. If corruption fighting is what you are now focused on, then fight it in entirety.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2016
shocked
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Gchimez: 4:34am On Jul 20, 2016
They are not corrupt but they are corruption
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by onyi4edu(f): 4:34am On Jul 20, 2016
Omg!!! See hypocrisy at its peak.

“Terrible and unfounded comments about other people’s integrity are not good. We are not going to spare anybody who soils his hands, but people should please wait till such individuals are indicted,” the President said.

So you believe an individual must be indicted before formally declared guilty of corruption or any of such and you are doing the exact opposite undecided
How many times have some of your ministers been indicted but they were swept under the carpet?

Anyway continue thinking you have saints as ministers and aides while they smear your already smeared integrity.
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by collitexnaira(m): 4:37am On Jul 20, 2016
Lying is to the masses is equally corruption,

Buhari you just lied

What of Dambazau

Meanwhile keep thinking about corruption while the economy sinks
You should hv become the EFCC chairman not the president
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by SamMilla1(m): 4:37am On Jul 20, 2016
I don't think you have a certificate.

Hey guys, it's the 'thinking' season.
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by rozayx5(m): 4:43am On Jul 20, 2016
hmm Naijamutant recent poll showed that a stone can defeat Buhari at the polls currently shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by hopilo: 4:48am On Jul 20, 2016
You are saying the same thing GEJ said when we accused some of his ministers of corruption. Watch your back sir.
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by M4gunners: 5:00am On Jul 20, 2016
Oga what of Shekau, minister of Sambisa,Amaechi minister of transport when will don't have transportation system, Fashola minister of bad roads and darkness,Alhaji Lai Moh,minister of misinformation and lies?
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Luckylife(m): 5:05am On Jul 20, 2016
How many years will it take you to realise that you are still living in a fool paradise. You are a typical example that proves wisdom can not be associated with age.
Re: I Don’t Think My Ministers, Aides Are Corrupt – Buhari by Mynd44: 5:13am On Jul 20, 2016

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Cousin To APC Candidate Endorses, PDP Pastor Ize-iyamu / Did Fg Secretly Employ 245 Candidates Into FAAN? / Gov. Obiano To Lead In The War Against Filthy Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.