Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,567 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

As A Teacher, What Is The Harshest Truth A Student Has Ever Taught You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A Teacher, What Is The Harshest Truth A Student Has Ever Taught You? (417 Views)

Please Help! My Student Has Fallen In Love With Me. / The 500L Missing OAU Student Has Been Found (picture) / Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As A Teacher, What Is The Harshest Truth A Student Has Ever Taught You? by BizLifeE: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2016
I was trying to rush through an explanation of a complicated physics concept before the bell rang, and the top student in my class raised his hand and said, "You know, just because you're up there teaching, doesn't mean we're learning."

I'm sure many students have thought something like this in millions of classes around the world, but they don't say anything (it would almost always be terribly impolite). The only reason this student said it, and got away with it, is that he was my 16-year-old son.

Source: https://www.quora.com/As-a-teacher-what-is-the-harshest-truth-a-student-has-ever-taught-you

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: As A Teacher, What Is The Harshest Truth A Student Has Ever Taught You? by theEYe21(f): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2016
You are reading from the textbook, you are not explaining sir grin
Re: As A Teacher, What Is The Harshest Truth A Student Has Ever Taught You? by theEYe21(f): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
I didn't understand anything sir grin

(1) (Reply)

Monash University South Africa Scholarship For Undergraduate Students In Africa, / Bowen University (BU) Admission List 2016/2017 Released / Nans Zone A Opposes Vote Of Confidence On Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.