Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,017 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Are Igbo's Really Jews? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo's Really Jews? (7996 Views)

Are Igbo Really Smart ? / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Ellyptical: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2009
the igbo folklore has it that the Igbos descended from the priestly clan called the Nris (also called the Eri) who settled in present day aguleri/umuleri in Anambra.
Genesis 46:16 says Gad (a son of Jacob) begat Eri.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by bilymuse: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2009
Some Igbo people are suffering from identity crises, they dont know who they are.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
NOOOOOO I AM AN IGBO!!
people, stop trying to tell me who "i am"
this is all some bullshit mumbo jumbo.
how do you know the jews just didnt come down and spread their religion just like the christian missionaries did?
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by No2Atheism(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

NOOOOOO I AM AN IGBO!!
people, stop trying to tell me who "i am"
this is all some bullshit mumbo jumbo.
how do you know the jews just didnt come down and spread their religion just like the christian missionaries did?

1. Are you sure you are not older than you claim . . .

2. That is quite a very good and valid question . . .
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2009
lol yes oooo
since they say we were Hebrews, Jews, or whatever they claim, i was only making a suggestion. tomorrow now we will be Arabs. KAI!!
many people didnt know that there were Ethiopian Jews in Ethiopia for ages until recently (i saw it on TV) does that mean that these Ethiopians are jews or what?
that is arrant nonsense!!
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by asunaobi(m): 12:34am On Dec 10, 2009
Does it really matter? Afterall, human beings started from one source and one place somewhere called 'rift valley' in Kenya, so they said. I am an Igboman and very very proud to be one. I know that some Igbos have a lot of attitude problems just like some other Nigerians but I also know that it is a priviledge to be an Igboman and not a right.

I AM WHAT I AM!
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 4Play(m): 12:41am On Dec 10, 2009
See as they are insulting Jews.

Next question: Are Ladas really Ferraris?
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Ibime(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2009
4 Play:

Are you saying Igbos are Ladas and Jews are Ferraris? grin grin grin
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by paddylo1(m): 12:50am On Dec 10, 2009

what do u mean insulting jews?. . .u think they special humans or something. . .?
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 4Play(m): 1:00am On Dec 10, 2009
Ibime:

Are you saying Igbos are Ladas and Jews are Ferraris? grin grin grin

grin grin

You don't see people elsewhere desperately claiming to be Igbos. Ikwerres will find this thread funny

paddy_lo:

what do u mean insulting jews?. . .u think they special humans or something. . .?

If Jews were some wretched people in the Amazon jungle, would we be claiming to be Jews? Why the absurd insistence on a Jewish origin.

In modern times, Jews are the Ferraris . . . . that's why people are claiming Jewishness.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by paddylo1(m): 1:06am On Dec 10, 2009
If Jews were some wretched people in the Amazon jungle, would we be claiming to be Jews? Why the absurd insistence on a Jewish origin.

In modern times, Jews are the Ferraris . . . . that's why people are claiming Jewishness.

u got the wrong guy homie. . .i aint claiming no-one

if u read my previous,posts on this thread u will see that my point is that since igbos or black ppl came b4 the so called jews of today

and the original hebrews were black,then the igbos are original and come first,so perhaps the jews/hebrews are of igbo lineage and not the other way around
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by THEAMAKA1: 1:26am On Dec 10, 2009
4 Play:

grin grin

You don't see people elsewhere desperately claiming to be Igbos. Ikwerres will find this thread funny

actually you are WRONG!!
no one (well at least not the igbos) are claiming to be jews. we igbos are claiming to be igbos, PERIOD.
tell other ethnic groups or other races why the jews are so special that they insist that we are one of them.
get your facts right, bro. igbos arent claiming to be anything. outsiders are claiming us to be something that we are NOT.
what the hell is so special about jews? EHH?
so if jews were some wretched people in the amazon jungle, would outsiders be claiming us to be Jews? i think thats the question you should be asking.

paddy_lo:

u got the wrong guy homie. . .i aint claiming no-one

if u read my previous,posts on this thread u will see that my point is that since igbos or black ppl came b4 the so called jews of today

and the original hebrews were black,then the igbos are original and come first,so perhaps the jews/hebrews are of igbo lineage and not the other way around[/b]
GBAM!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by mamagee3(f): 1:28am On Dec 10, 2009
Igbo, Jews? shocked shocked
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by asunaobi(m): 4:06am On Dec 10, 2009
I think we should all press the brake pedal now. Somehow, this is going too far. We are talking about peoples race here and issues like this should be approached with caution. You never know what goes on on the internet.

PEACE!
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Abagworo(m): 6:59am On Dec 10, 2009
Whoever is spreading this false information that all igbos are descendants of eri is a big fool.only the nris are eris.other igbos are not.orsu obodo my village is oru.the children of eri in my town are just those that perform rituals in the ancient time.i dont doubt if they are hebrews but we are not thesame with them.their home is in anambra state.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by adconline(m): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2009
some1 should stop this nonsense. This is an insult to the anthropological fact that African was peopled before any other continent in the world.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by ChapelleS: 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
Join this group on Face Book SUPPORT IGBO PRESIDENCY 2015 on facebook.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by samdigo(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2010
if they are, then half of nigeria is Jewish, imagine millions of black Nigerians moving to isreal, lol, but its possible tho,
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Fact100: 3:44am On Oct 30, 2011
As much as possible i will like not to use the word Jew, to generalize the children who are of the lineage of Abraham Issac (Yitzak)and Jacob (Yakov), I will rather prefer to use the word Hebrews and not Jews, cos Jews are the children of Judah. and it will be wrong to call all the tribes of isrealites Jews.

First I will like to start by saying that folks should clear from their minds all they have been hearing around or feelings/emotions they may have about this topic, with a clear thought follow this precepts by precepts.

i will like to clarify firstly that the Hebrews (Biblical Hebrews) were actually Blacks and Not white People as u may have assumed, maybe my later write up we shall narrow it down to if the Igbos are actually Hebrews or Not.

I will like to make it as brief and straight forward as possible. "Shlomo Sand a Jewish Author(white guy), wrote a book "the Invention of the Jewish people" there he clarified that the people in Israel presently are not the original Hebrews. But are Political hebrews since they dont have any link to the history of the Biblical Isrealites, which is causing issues in Israel. Arthur Koesler , wrote on the 13th tribe where he was refering to the present israelites who claimed they are hebres and are not ofcourse so for the truth not to be let out he and his wife were killed after the release of the book.

now to the nitty gritty. Rev 2:9. talks about those who claim they are jews but are not jews but are of the synagogue of satan.

Deutoronomy 28: 67-68: the summary is that they will be sent back to egypt (meaning House of Bondage (Greek translation) (Check the american 1 dollar note u will see a Pyramid of egypt), with a "SHIP" , scattered to nations across the world as slaves and no one will buy them for freedom. Question? who was taken as slaves in a ship and sold as slaves to countries around the world?, the present Israelites? ofcourse not. Do you also remember that Samson had 7 locks (dredlocks) . White man cannot have dredlocks , but if a black man leaves his hair uncombed it will lock naturally. The Egyptians were actually Blacks until they were invaded by the Mamluks (Arabs)in the 5th century , ofcourse thats the reason why the Noses of the statue in Egypt were broken by the whites so that one will not know that they were blacks. And if you belived that Egyptians were blacks then I believe that the Pharoah would have been stupid enough not to ask questions when his Sister claimed she had a white child
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 5:57am On Oct 30, 2011
Abagworo i can see clearly that you have an identity problem.

you see since you get some of your history info you never want to cross check them nor upgrade them.

pls it will do you a lot of good to trace very well the origin of your town because many of your town people hold different ideology to you.

its not an igbo thing,

the yoruba's also has confusion along the line in their history so is hausa's/fulani's etc.

i assure you that the Ohaneze are working seriousely on this issue and soonest they will complete the findings. many history experts of
igbo origin everywhere has join hands to get this work done.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2011
those doubtin the possibility of igbo's(hebrew's,heboos,ebo's,ibo's,igbo's) been of same lineage should becareful,
looking at the igbos you will have the convintion in you.

1,Cutural similar
2,characterwise similar

Now wheather jews from igbo's or igbo's from jews it doesn't matter much.
the bible record that the first man Adam falls cus of the fruit of the tree while
the second person Adam(Christ) dies and bear his fruit of redemption on the tree. can you see both of them has many things in common.

We igbo's never learn anything from jews,but we practice what we had as culture and later sometime find out its same somewhere call isreal.
we behave the way we inherit geneticaly and later found out that some group of people baves as we do (the jews).

yes there are some little differences between igbo's of Anambra,Enugu,Imo,Abia,River,crossriver,Benue,Delta,Edo and Ebonyi but
even in isreal its same the ephraimites and judia's never behave exactly the same but
there must be similarity. and on that basis we see our common origin.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 7:15am On Oct 30, 2011
It Doesn't matter if the jews are rich or poor, common origin is common origin. we igbo's cannever go to isreal to live.
few can go as we even migrate to togo today. No matter how down you press us we must arise somehow.

I met a jewish man in tokyo that ask me where am from and i say "Nigeria ofcourse". and he instantly ask if am of hebo(igbo) origin?
then i ask him where he is from and he say "America anway am Jewish American" but i base in tel aviv now. and he ask again if am hebo(igbo)
and i answer "yes" but why do you ask and how do you know hebo's(igbo's)? and he said that he hear it from the high officials that their brother's
scartered many places and he name some for me and mention nigeria in one of the few places he knew.

i never accept the tales we igbo's have anything to do with the  jews, but that day turn me into cross checking my blv's.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2011
Those who talk about jewish been normadic like fulani's are talking about ancient hebrews,go to isreal today and see how many has a goat
talkless of a sheep. ancient igbo's are normadic too but quick to develope like jewish people.

jews in some part of the world where there's gold found opportunity of gold and jump into it.
Those in nigeria deal's more in oil  not gold. so is igbo's if they come to your land and find any better opportunity we grab.

come over to china and see for your self we igbo's are taking over many plaza's from the chinese,we bought higher prices than them in their factories
but we beats them in giving cheaper prices to customer's at the shops. what does that tell you. they are restrictin giving us offices and shops
in some plaza's. we see this in us we don't just develop it , and that is what we have much in common with the jews not even culture.
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2011
its easier for people to blv tales that you are a bad person's relative than for them to blv that you relates to a better person,

it's also common for people to claim a relative of a better person than claiming a reltive to a bad person.

but at long run wheather bad or better your relative is your relative. wheather they accept or not it doesn't matter. i rest my case.

When the yoruba's claim's that Oduduwa falls from the sky to ibadan,which we know to be a blatant lies and impossible, yet none argues on that.

but when igbo's say they are jews (which is possible or not) many people we like to argue it .
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by 9javoice1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2011
we aint goin no where we are now nigerians
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Amujale(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2011
babaearly: The igbos are from the black acient egyptians. Also the yorubas and Bini people.

It happened the other way round; as in ancient Egyptians migrated from South of the Sahara; civilisation moved "up the Nile" NOT "down the Nile"

The Igbos, Yoruba and Bini people were in existence long before ancient Egypt

Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by tpia5: 3:23am On Oct 31, 2011
Not sure where you people are getting your frivolous stories from.

Yoruba,igbo and bini do not exist independently of other tribes in nigeria, ok?

What on earth is wrong with you folks.

So middle beltans who migrated from central africa just landed in nigeria via spaceship abi?
Re: Are Igbo's Really Jews? by Amujale(m): 4:14am On Oct 31, 2011
tpia@:

Not sure where you people are getting your frivolous stories from.

Yoruba,igbo and bini do not exist independently of other tribes in nigeria, ok?

What on earth is wrong with you folks.

So middle beltans who migrated from central africa just landed in nigeria via spaceship abi?

Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Day Massacre: 10,000 Protest In Kaduna / Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo / President Buhari Reconstitutes Executive Management Of River Basins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.