Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class (40359 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Mendelssohn(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
I'm always surprised when I see pieces like this. Much as I won't deny it's strength of admonition, I will also not want to skip the fact that it's not meant to be restricted within a sphere of a class of graduates as unemployment now cuts across all categories of graduates. But then, I'm more baffled with this recent argument that 2:2 is such a bad show which can almost thwart a chance of getting a good job or ability to further in one's academic trajectory. The truth is, having a 2:2 implies an average performance of between 50% - 69% on a scale of 100%. In O-level, that's between A3 and C6 which still has a distinction as one of the grades while others are not considered a bad appearance. So what's the noise about? Contrary to what I recently read here(think last week)..... that a 2:2 grad can't go for masters in Nigeria, I continued to wonder why most Nigerians don't get info with precision before expressing such in the public domain. There's no such higher institution in Nigeria that rejects any 2:2 result. School like Unilag which is the latest I know about, does not even make your transcript compulsory as you can submit your certificate in lieu, once it carries 2:2 and above. Same as UI, Unilorin and OAU that I know much about. So what's the misinformation all about?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by jubrealguy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
So cool
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
You guys should stop making 2.2 look like bad result
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by kumalee: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
eghexs76:
Bros...leave that talk.
Even the 2:1 graduate needs to do all of these...gaskia
brodly I feel u jare nh au u take dey intelligent matter most.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by EdoBoy90(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
I studied mechanical Engineering and graduated with a good grade and I also have Post Graduate Diploma in Customer relationship management. I am an Associate in CICRM. So, it is not only the Pass, Third class and Second class lower graduates that are doing those professional courses Mr. Writer. I have valuable experience in maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, diagnosis, assemble, disassemble and services in the automotive industry. I am a diagnostic Technician also. Currently, I am doing well. See, it God's grace and who you know.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by samirchudi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
it's should be to go into agriculture,not all dis ur time wasting points@ op
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by EdoBoy90(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
My friend a Batch A ex- corps member has gone into agriculture and he has 350 birds right now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by oloworulz(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
most importantly, Gods grace then i apply number 2 and 5. and am currently working in the Lagos state highest paid agency with a third class. figure it out itself. though I waited for four good years before getting the job. am also earning more than HND graduates
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
allansie:
I have seen a jobless 1st class individual and a 3rd class working in a multinational company...efritin is all abt who u know...I wil prefer 2 be a relative to tinubu,dangote,otedola,adenuga n alakija to having a 1st class in ANY course
This doe not relate. Gain understanding! Have you bothered to do the survey on how many first class are in multinationals compared to third class. When you do that and understand wha message OP is trying to pass, come back here.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
pweeryambre:
Additional professional courses are not free. job seeker doesn't have money for this...
lame excuse.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by obainosis4real: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pls is it advisable 4 one not to add he\her grade on the CV?
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by EdoBoy90(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
obainosis4real:
Pls is it advisable 4 one not to add he\her grade on the CV?
. Yes especially first class, 2:1 and 2:2. if you have 2:2, just write Second Class Honours. No HR will know if it is 2:1 or 2:2 except they interview you.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by obainosis4real: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. Yes especially first class, 2:1 and 2:2. if you have 2:2, just write Second Class Honours. No HR will know if it is 2:1 or 2:2 except they interview you.
so u are saying that the first class graduate shud not write his\her grade likewise the third class?
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by leahcimzil: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
man join AIESEC and yur problems will be solved
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by rosalieene(f): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
pls I want to ask? What about those Nysc SAED professional certificates in Project management, Business Consultancy etc, are they recognized in Nigeria
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by EdoBoy90(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mendelssohn:
I'm always surprised when I see pieces like this. Much as I won't deny it's strength of admonition, I will also not want to skip the fact that it's not meant to be restricted within a sphere of a class of graduates as unemployment now cuts across all categories of graduates. But then, I'm more baffled with this recent argument that 2:2 is such a bad show which can almost thwart a chance of getting a good job or ability to further in one's academic trajectory. The truth is, having a 2:2 implies an average performance of between 50% - 69% on a scale of 100%. In O-level, that's between A3 and C6 which still has a distinction as one of the grades while others are not considered a bad appearance. So what's the noise about? Contrary to what I recently read here(think last week)..... that a 2:2 grad can't go for masters in Nigeria, I continued to wonder why most Nigerians don't get info with precision before expressing such in the public domain. There's no such higher institution in Nigeria that rejects any 2:2 result. School like Unilag which is the latest I know about, does not even make your transcript compulsory as you can submit your certificate in lieu, once it carries 2:2 and above. Same as UI, Unilorin and OAU that I know much about. So what's the misinformation all about?
. That is where u know reach OK. 2:2 below 3 points in UNIBEN can't go for master's degree programme direct. some departments can't even accept 2:2 above 3points for master's degree programme direct in UNIBEN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by mesheikh(m): 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
chai.... y I no graduate with 1st class?? sha tank God 4 2:2
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by EdoBoy90(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
obainosis4real:
so u are saying that the first class graduate shud not write his\her grade likewise the third class?
. Simple English. I said first class, 2:1 and 2:2 should add there grade in their CV e.g
University Of Benin, Edo State, Nigeria. 2014
B.Eng, Mechanical Engineering
Second Class (Hons) Upper Division

That is what I meant initially.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by iamkingzlee(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is nice!
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by steve002(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
I
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by steve002(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
I pray to get this 2:1, as I await for the final computation of our result.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
Lovely piece of news .. i already work but i can still relate to most of the things listed up there...
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by obainosis4real: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. Simple English. I said first class, 2:1 and 2:2 should add there grade in their CV e.g

maybe u didn't understand my initial question...

My question was, "is it advisable for one NOT 2 add grade in his/her CV".

And u answered, "yes, especially......"
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
Employee mentality!
When will we change this BACKWARD mentality of :
"GO TO SCHOOL GET A JOB"
TO
"GO TO SCHOOL CREATE A JOB" ??
The former mentality is fueling our UNEMPLOYMENT and UNDER EMPLOYMENT.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by sofat(m): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
It is only the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by emmanuelbrown26: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
sn019051:
Somebody commented where the money will come from for professional certifications. Send an email to: jobplacement@ibanigeria.org you will be enrolled for professional training courses for free, mock interview, CV upgrade and work placement all for free. You will not believe it, just try.
boss good day, pls what should I caption it
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by greggng: 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
sn019051:
Somebody commented where the money will come from for professional certifications. Send an email to: jobplacement@ibanigeria.org you will be enrolled for professional training courses for free, mock interview, CV upgrade and work placement all for free. You will not believe it, just try.

Re u saying with my hnd in accounting they will enrol me for ican? I will like to know more it sounds good to me
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by walezqo(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice write up I must say but oga this is Nigeria not germany lemme tell u this one of my colleague in school who was a dullard this guy made third class but right now he is working in a health institution mean while many of those who had upper are managing teaching jobs for now so.....please na who u no sure pass[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Mendelssohn(m): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:

You caused that sir. Maybe you should have written 1:1 for him to understand you.
Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by Armaggedon: 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. That is where u know reach OK. 2:2 below 3 points in UNIBEN can't go for master's degree programme direct. some departments can't even accept 2:2 above 3points for master's degree programme direct in UNIBEN
schools base their requirement for masters on CGPA not on class of degree. Some schools accepts below 3:0 for direct masters programme, most accept above. Some reject 3:0 while many school abroad only accept minimun of 3:7 and 4:0 CGPA for masters, which going by your 2:1 analogy, shows that not all second class upper is good enough.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class by olamitodotun14: 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
allansie:
I have seen a jobless 1st class individual and a 3rd class working in a multinational company...efritin is all abt who u know...I wil prefer 2 be a relative to tinubu,dangote,otedola,adenuga n alakija to having a 1st class in ANY course
And sadly, you are not a relative to any of your fore mentioned personalities... So brother, a first class is better for you....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN To Employ 720 Workers, Gets FG Approval / Air Force Recruitment Screening In Lagos: Soldiers Punish Defaulting Applicants / Gtbank Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.