Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak (25080 Views)

13 Signs Your Life Is Centred Around A Girl And It Promises A Heartbreak / How Do U Deal With Heartbreak / 10 Typical Nigerian Replies Only 'typical' Nigerians Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by dre11(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
If you find any person sitting on a bed, eating ice cream and crying over a breakup, chances are that person is not a typical Nigerian.

Yes, like it is with most other people from around the world, a heartbreak can be an overwhelming experience for any Nigerian: the pain of losing the one the heart desires, the shame of being rejected, the self-doubt that sets in with denial and most of all the emotional pain which is far worse than physical pain.

They, however, understand that a huge heartbreak is not a disease and does not precipitate any form of paralysis or keep them from enjoying the rest of our lives and relationships.

Wondering how a typical Nigerian deals with heartbreak? Jumia Travel reveals the five key things they do

Maintain their normal routine

After a heartbreak, you most likely feel like your heart has been forcefully ripped out of its rib cage and you just want to crawl into fetal position and cry yourself to oblivion, but a typical Nigerian, despite feeling such a way, goes on strong in maintaining his/her normal routine.

This is perhaps the hardest thing to do but they realize it somehow renews their sense of purpose, reminds them of their value and took their mind off of the hole in my chest. Some even take on some kind of intense, rage-based workout routine. They keep busy, forcing themselves to do things and be around people.

Put away all Keepsakes and mementoes

Hanging on to what was is a sure way of limiting progress. A good way start for most Nigerians who embark on the journey of letting is putting away keepsakes that evoke memories. They do not necessarily destroy it, as they do not know how handy it may be in the future, but they separate themselves from it. They also block the heartbreaker on social media, as they know that despite how mature and reasonable they are the occasional reminder of him/her on their wall or timeline, could be a huge setback.

Find comfort in music, comedy and partying with friends

Nigerians tend to have an affiliation to music and it is no surprise as music is food for the soul. A typical Nigerian would turn to music for healing after a heartbreak or record a song about it, maybe even become a star when the song becomes a hit. Rather than dwell on the past or lost future, they distract themselves with positivity and laughter with friends. They spend time watching old favorites and seeking out new funny films or they go partying for a head rush.

Go On a Trip

A typical Nigerian, who has the time and money, would set out on a trip when dealing with heartbreak. Nothing does well for the soul like shopping and traveling. Heartbreak gives a level of freedom, especially when the heartbreak is from a failed relationship, and Nigerians have over time realized that know that there is something incredibly healing about getting away from it all .

Pray

Nigerians are highly religious people and no matter their sect, they do not hesitate to get on their knees and pray to their God for help in times of heartbreak. In fact, that the period they become most spiritual and close to God. They spend time asking God to grant them a forgiving heart, healing , understanding and the strength to move on.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/5-ways-typical-nigerians-deal-heartbreak/

13 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by WomanWrappa(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
I miss all my exs

7 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by taylor88(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
heart break can b so painful

d mere taught of ur bae screaming 4 anoda dude alone can mk u fail ur final exam

tnkGOd am alive 2day 2 tell d story

my mum will b like my son do u wnt 2 die and abandon me and ur 2 sisters alone because of a girl

hmmm...dat has far made me lost it 4 love

now if a bae visits na to take all my muscle,strength and frustration of dollar hike fvck am

thinking abt my problems and remembering hw rapture will look like d day God will com can mk me last a MONTH wt out cuming

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by bash4us(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
Get another gal to mend the heart grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by senibo1: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
space tongue
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by SurefireFashion: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Dats right.
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by theEYe21(f): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Have lot of sex
Do lot of drugs
Find a new partner ASAP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Justeenaleo(f): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
Lies cheesy cool
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Get a new boyfriend grin or a sugar papi grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
I am usually the one doing the breaking but the first and only time it happened to me...I just weak. My ego and Pride was seriously Bruised...I felt like breaking her head.

I just started fvcking anyhow for like a month...That was how I dealt with it...Or we bounce back on her friend

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by myners007: 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Booze and your broken heart will be amended.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by kings09(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Na to call buhari cheesy
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by richylee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
I agree wit Op partially.
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Richie0974: 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
The only one I'm guilty of is #3 especially music, others are meaningless.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by sexychocho(f): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Av seen sum end up in hospital
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Mrslimblack(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2016
Trash, have you been around all heartbroken person?
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by kaziblake(f): 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
Exactly what I did...went off social media,deleted his Pics,BBm Pin and Phone numbers.
I don't even remember what he looks like now

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by MrDojo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
I don't believe this list is right Ooooo....

Most guys usually use booze to console themselves and most girls will definitely CRY......

Check out my signature... grin
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by OnWebTech: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
nice
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by haxorDelite(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
WomanWrappa:
I miss all my exs
oh! u miss your exes....
Fvck my exes I don't miss them!! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by falconey(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Fapta(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Break up Na worst experience ever

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by harsysky(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
My sure 3 ways to deal with heartbreaks
When she breaks your heart, do these 3 things:

1) Buy her a parting gift: tell her the gift signifies you wish her well in her next relationship.

2) Take her out: When you are already seated any place you've taken her, don't talk about the failed reLationship anymore. Make sure you talk about anything, from family to movies to whatever, except the already broken relationship.

3) After the above 2, Delete her.

it won't hurt more than when both of you just act like two idiots.

Works for me though.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by Blessograo(f): 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
For me I listen to heartbreaking songs especially those of Adele and cry my eyes out visit people when I'm too depressed, try to cook something new or mop the floor while crying then forget the person and move on with my life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by laikas: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
heartbreak na witch, it wrecks 1 emotional, whereby u love dis pson die. pls dos of u who has expirnced it yet, pls dnt pray for it, its nt a gud expirence at all.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by laikas: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
heartbreak na witch, it wrecks 1 emotionally, whereby u love dis pson die. pls dos of u who has expirnced it yet, pls dnt pray for it, its nt a gud expirence at all.
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by gift01: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
We will endure it.... less than 3 more years to endure Buhari

7 Likes

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by negz1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
that pray killed me. sha it's good to pray always

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by WomanWrappa(m): 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
haxorDelite:

oh! u miss your exes....
Fvck my undecided exes I don't miss them!! grin
I miss them I swear.
Re: 5 Ways Typical Nigerians Deal With Heartbreak by pythonkid(m): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
so what i love doing more .. (code_)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Response Only: Why Are You Still Single? / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. / Any Man That Thinks He Wont Pay Bills Is A Joker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.