Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks (30832 Views)

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
The pan-Yoruba organisation, the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, reformed, has issued a 14-day ultimatum to suspected Niger Delta militants to desist from attacking communities in the South West, else the Ijaw people in the region would gear up for reprisal attacks.
OPC issued the threat while reacting to recent attacks by suspected militants on Imusin and Ogijo in Ogun and some riverine communities in Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

The group in a statement by Comrade Dare Adesope entitled, ‘‘Incursion of Ijaw militants into Yoruba land: Enough is enough,’’ threatened reprisal attack if the suspected Ijaw militants failed to end the incursion into the South-West at the end of the ultimatum.

According to the group, the attack in the South-West was an affront on the Yoruba nation and it would not be accepted.

The statement reads in part, “Enough of these invasions, killings and kidnapping of our people right on our own soil. We of the Oodua Peoples Congress (Reformed) have waited for this long, hoping that the government would curb the deadly acts of the Ijaw people on our kinsmen in their fatherland in Ogun and Lagos states. But, it has now dawned on us that the lives and properties of our people and, indeed, the masses are of no importance to those in authorities and the marauding militants.

“It is a known fact that we, the Yoruba, are the most contented, accommodating and tolerant among all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. We wholeheartedly welcome other tribes coming into our states either to reside or do business. But, if they want to take our hospitality for stupidity, we are ready to prove to them that the gentility of a tiger is not an act of cowardice. Before now, it was the Fulani herdsmen, now it is the Ijaw people that are on the prowl. Enough is enough

“Consequently, we are giving the Ijaw militants a 14-day ultimatum to allow peace to reign in our land. If they fail to heed the warning, it will henceforth be an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. We will prove to them that Lagos belongs to the Yoruba and not a no man’s land that they tend to erroneously claim.

“If they must care to know, we have information and facts about where their leaders’ properties are situated in the entire South-West and where their people reside in our midst as well.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/20/14-days-stop-attacks-yoruba-land-opc-warns-niger-delta-militants/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by HungerBAD: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mouth action

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Arch1: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is not the Dr Fredrick Fasheun nor Otunba Gani Adams faction of the OPC

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by PEPPERified: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
ghen ghen!!! Action film loading...

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by chadwickcollins(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Opc make una go rest avengers pass una power oo

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by chukslawrence(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
Action film
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Musiwa419: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ben Bruce is an Ijaw Politician who has most of his business concerns in the South West; He cannot claim to be oblivious of the sustained and unprovoked attacks his Ijaw Militant brothers have unleashed against Yorubaland, most especially the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state respectively.

I'll take these threat from the OPC with a pinch of salt, but It is high time Ijaw leaders call their Ijaw Militants Youths to order. If the sparks turns to an inferno, they might not be able to put out the fire.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Stingman: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
Musiwa419:
Ben Bruce is an Ijaw Politician who has most of his business concerns in the South West; He cannot claim to be oblivious of the sustained and unprovoked attacks his Ijaw Militant brothers have unleashed against Yorubaland, most especially the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state respectively.

It is high time Ijaw leaders call their Ijaw Militants Youths to order. If the sparks turns to an inferno, they might not be able to put out the fire.

But you guys were running your mouth...on things that doesn't concern you. Now you have invited the lizards after harvesting woods with insects...Una see una lives...?

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by AustineE1: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
First it was Aborigine Ogboni and then came the reformed Ogboni fraternity.
We all knew of OPC and now there is the reformed OPC.....please can any yoruba tell us what was actually wrong with the first before the reform.
Waiting with bated breath to see reformed Remi Tinubu,that will be respectful,cultured,humble,civilized and behave in a motherlike way.
Apology for the digression.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Legitbaba(m): 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
Abeg OPC...kill any Niger Delta militant u see in ur quarters....I give you the go ahead

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by AustineE1: 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
Musiwa419:

I'll take these threat from the OPC with a pinch of salt, but It is high time Ijaw leaders call their Ijaw Militants Youths to order. If the sparks turns to an inferno, they might not be able to put out the fire.
No right thinking Niger-deltan will tell you they are celebrating the killing of Yorubas either in Ogun or Lagos but the truth remains that the Yorubas are by nature very loud and noisy. Agreed the insurgency in the Niger-delta brought about a lot of hardship in Nigeria and then the military option by FG brought about pain and death to the ordinary citizenry of the Niger-Delta region,everyone would think that the federal government through appointments,equitable distribution of wealth,fairness in all ramnification of the polity,try as much as posible to placate the aggrieved regions but rather its open marginalization policies are been celebrated and proped up by people wld should know better(south west).
.....'in the end we shall remember not the words of our enemies but the silent of our friends'. Dont forget that the greater south is watching the Yorubas pitch tent with the oppressors in the worst form of regional hypnotism,just because of a vice presidential slot.
Any attempt to threaten the investment of Niger-Deltans in the south west cld be a very dangerous gamble,most Yoruba elites derives their income from oil,both upstream and downstream sector,go to Rivers and then you will appreciate the fact that for every one Ben Bruce's or his tribes men investment attacked in Lagos,there are twenty huge yoruba investment in the Niger Delta waiting for the demolition man.
We must give peace a chance and there can never be peace without justice and fairness.

127 Likes 17 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by idupaul: 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
How many ultimatums does OPC give in one year sef?

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Jombojombo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
Mouth action

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Oksman(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Who will save my country? fulani herdsmen attacking from the sahara, ijaw militant attacking from the atlantic, what is going on?

4 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by mayorchelsea(m): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2016
You can either believe the news or not but the massacre at Ajegunle couple of years ago readily comes to mind and I'm not in any way praying for a repeat where innocent people died. Who violence don help? Not even north sef

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Chibuhealth(f): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2016
OPC don baff?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 21, 2016
AustineE1:

No right thinking Niger-deltan will tell you they are celebrating the killing of Yorubas either in Ogun or Lagos but the truth remains that the Yorubas are by nature very loud and noisy. Agreed the insurgency in the Niger-delta brought about a lot of hardship in Nigeria and then the military option by FG brought about pain and death to the ordinary citizenry of the Niger-Delta region,everyone would think that the federal government through appointments,equitable distribution of wealth,fairness in all ramnification of the polity,try as much as posible to placate the aggrieved regions but rather its open marginalization policies are been celebrated and proped up by people wld should know better(south west).
.....'in the end we shall remember not the words of our enemies but the silent of our friends'. Dont forget that the greater south is watching the Yorubas pitch tent with the oppressors in the worst form of regional hypnotism,just because of a vice presidential slot.
Any attempt to threaten the investment of Niger-Deltans in the south west cld be a very dangerous gamble,most Yoruba elites derives their income from oil,both upstream and downstream sector,go to Rivers and then you will appreciate the fact that for every one Ben Bruce's or his tribes men investment attacked in Lagos,there are twenty huge yoruba investment in the Niger Delta waiting for the demolition man.
We must give peace a chance and there can never be peace without justice and fairness.

What is more dangerous than hoodlums invading communities while they are sleeping, killing and maiming innocent folks.
I know if OPC should retaliate, all the morons shouting "Yorubas are cowards " will quickly change to Yorubas are wicked.
They will petition the UN, call on the Pope and the Amnesty international, they will wail and cry, they will conveniently forget they started the whole madness.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Puvour: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2016
Aigbofa:

What is more dangerous than hoodlums invading communities while they are sleeping, killing and maiming innocent folks.
I know if OPC should retaliate, all the morons shouting "Yorubas are cowards " will quickly change to Yorubas are wicked.
They will petition the UN, call on the Pope and the Amnesty international, they will wail and cry, they will conveniently forget they started the whole madness.
we know them like the back of our hands. We are watching. Make dem continu

13 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 21, 2016
All I see is a product of poor upbringing and failed leadership. Just like Children from different mothers hating and cursing each other while poverty and violence capture all the values from their ignorance. angry angry angry angry angry

One thing is certain......the rest of the world is moving on and will never love you more. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Stop all these nonsense and let's grow up....... Our differences should instead be celebrated and not mocked. angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by raymond284(m): 3:28am On Jul 21, 2016
It's another episode of a comedy series titled:Nigeria Nation of Comomtion.. Enjoy!! *grabs a sit and a big pack of popcorn* grin grin

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bakynes(m): 4:48am On Jul 21, 2016
All these SS and SE people think OPC wont defeat Niger delta Militants because of sophisticated weapons the militants carry. OPC do not rely on guns they have charms as well. I do know the militants use charms too but no tribe can really match the Yorubas in Charm and Voodo in Nigeria except the Hausa-Fulanis. I have seen an OPC vigilante in my area walking invinsible with only shoes moving abt.
So do not discard their threat. Its better we all encourage peace.

18 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by PigMeat: 4:58am On Jul 21, 2016
hahahahahahahahahaha, OPC should not bite what they can not chew. Bunch of cowards! 2 militants from the niger-deltan region can turn apc camp into non-existence. I thought they were going to attack the niger-deltans in their own territory like the niger-deltans took their hustle to south west. Stagnant foolls that resolves only around south western zone. "If them dey count fish them dey count crayfish join?"

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 21, 2016
Lol!
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 21, 2016
bakynes:
. I have seen an OPC vigilante in my area walking invinsible with only shoes moving abt.
...... Lol! Now , this is funny!! Akika!!!

9 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Chanchit: 5:21am On Jul 21, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
Mouth action
Justindeco:
coward yoruba can not fight
PigMeat:
hahahahahahahahahaha, OPC should not bite what they can not chew. Bunch of cowards! 2 militants from the niger-deltan region can turn apc camp into non-existence. I thought they were going to attack the niger-deltans in their own territory like the niger-deltans took their hustle to south west. Stagnant foolls that resolves only around south western zone. "If them dey count fish them dey count crayfish join?"

I know most of you guys reside in Lagos, when it hits one of you or a family, your coward ass would be quick to open threads on nl. I've never seen such where you live among people and always wish them I'

ill luck everyday.

26 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by holadguy(m): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2016
Some people support militant and shouting about how they shot their pastor on ikorodu road,let just wait and see the outcome if OPC finally comes out with them,we shall see who laugh last.

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by proeast(m): 5:45am On Jul 21, 2016
Cowards & their lame ultimatums. Where were they when the hausas ransacked mile 12 and their people had to escape by claiming to be hausa in their own land? Why cant they issue similar ultimatum against fulanis that has been on rampage all over the South West, killing & maiming their people? Well I trust the brave & courageous boys from the creeks, they dont believe in useless ultimatums but action. I hope OPC wont bite more than they can chew. They cant fight this with their dane guns, broken bottles or ineffective charms.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by proeast(m): 5:55am On Jul 21, 2016
idupaul:
How many ultimatums does OPC give in one year sef?
Even the opc know they cant withstand the militants, the ultimatum is just to save face. They should abstain from rhetorics that might provoke the militants more since they are now very bitter on how Nigeria exploited them.

7 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by YorubaFynest: 5:57am On Jul 21, 2016
proeast:
Cowards & their lame ultimatums. Where were they when the hausas ransacked mile 12 and their people had to escape by claiming to be hausa in their own land? Why cant they issue similar ultimatum against fulanis that has been on rampage all over the South West, killing & maiming their people? Well I trust the brave & courageous boys from the creeks, they dont believe in useless ultimatums but action. I hope OPC wont bite more than they can chew. They cant fight with this with their dane guns, broken bottles or ineffective charms.

Where were you when Fulanis raided Enugu state? Coward Ibo.

29 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by mrvitalis(m): 6:12am On Jul 21, 2016
PigMeat:
This is the kind of lie the devil is scared of... Men u are good

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting / Ambode Receives Namibian President On First Day In Office [see Photos] / Heavy Oil Explosion In Okpare-Olomu Delta State, Community River On Fire. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.