Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. (26816 Views)

How To Improve The Nigerian Education System / History Of Nigerian Education System / S This Grammar From A University Graduate- We Should Weep For Nigerian Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by abdeiz(m): 6:53am On Jul 21, 2016
tukdi:
this the figment of the imagination of the op! How about flexin', social media, boyfriend & girlfriend things etc
Lol doesn't that fall under 'You'?
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by lumzybo: 6:54am On Jul 21, 2016
Op, u av done well in identifying the problem. This I believe is the first step in solving any problem.

What is the way forward? Identifying alone won't solve anything. #thanks
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by hope4nigeria(m): 6:55am On Jul 21, 2016
abdeiz:
Destroyer 3: The Parents

This is what you get when parents get involved in the school system. They start prying into affairs they should generally not be prying into. ‘My child failed? That’s not possible. She is supposed to pass. I am a big donor to this school, I am high and mighty.’ They come around to talk when their children have been asked to retake a class or a course. The result? The school lowers its value or bends the system to accommodate such students. Other times, parents sponsor examination malpractice for their children as a way of rendering ‘help’. This type of help that did not help you and did not help your child keeps me wondering. Your baby comes out an empty vessel and I hope you know the cause. So long as parents reinforce that their children do not deserve to fail even if stupidity is gushing out of their brains, the school system will not grow or move forward.

And now…

Destroyer 4: You

You’re the architect of your own problems. You want to sort all the lecturers, cheat in all the exams, and follow all the sneaky ways and underground movements. You come out without knowing what even happens in your field. You say you read chemistry and the simple component of water is a Hercules task to you. You are part of the problem. In short, you are a problem.

By Nkechi Nwitte-Eze. Greenlandarise.. com.ng
http://peterkeyz.com/4-destroyers-destroyed-nigerian-educational-system/
Hmmmmm Op! That's a very Strong bitter truth.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by leuelliot(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2016
I came to check names I was disappointed angry
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by tukdi: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2016
Bolustic:
Gudmornin, say something even though you have not yet brushed your teeth!
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by HDee(m): 6:57am On Jul 21, 2016
I couldn't agree more.. Nice writeup cool
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by tukdi: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2016
abdeiz:
Iknow you wanted to mention BUHARI but you never brush your teeth yet!
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by banmee(m): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2016
boss096:
True talk bro. But what can be done abt. it

Sometimes I think you people only read the headlines and not the story. What is true about the nonsense the OP wrote? What influence does a parent have on the educational system except on their ward? Plus, the OP/abdeiz obviously did not get an education because I am trying to figure out how government has transformed into a person. You didn't see that did you? There is only one reason the educational system has failed if you must know. It is being managed by Nigerians. Nigerians are not normal so don't expect anything normal.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by tukdi: 7:02am On Jul 21, 2016
leuelliot:
I came to check names I was disappointed angry
BUHARI follow oooo!!!
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by ksbusari(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2016
especially when ur lecturer insists on using correlation for reliability test and does nt agree to using or says u r trying to scam him by using cronbach alpha for reliability test. am tired .
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Jovie: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2016
abdeiz:

Destroyer 2: The Lecturers

Lecturers! Lecturers!! Lecturers!!! Where do I start? If I was to grade the problems, these people would be gracing number 1 on the list. Most Nigerian lecturers are lazy piece of…(Please pick offense for all I care). They’re so lazy that the handouts most of them use to teach their students in 2016 were written in 1956. They do not carry out researches, they do not refresh their knowledge, and most of all, and they are allergic to correction. They hate bright students and prefer to teach dummies. They make sure you do not think outside the box for their words are ‘Yea and Amen’. Dare challenge a lecturer in a Nigerian university and you would keep writing that course till Jesus comes. They want exactly what they said in class word for word and leave no room for new ideas and exploration.

Then they transferred their laziness to the students. ‘You cannot read and cannot afford to fail? Pay me some money.’ They wear the typical Nigerian robe of corruption. Worse still, the ones with the extra spice of stupidity trade sex with their students for better grades. Some even fail you on purpose so that they can make you trade sex. How low they stoop! Sorting is simply lecturers way of saying ‘You can use what you have to get what you want because the brain in your head is but another part of the body whose function is probably exaggerated.’ Lecturers especially in northern Nigeria (now I must say no offense) have the ‘let my people go attitude’ where they let you go to the next level and the next level and the next level… without caring if you actually learned anything. Here they teach you in your preferred language (after all English is the white man’s language and not your mother tongue

Yep. Many lecturers cause serious damage in the system. Imagine some of them taking it as a huge achievement when they give someone an F

If half of the class fails a course, it's a failure of the lecturer to transmit knowledge. Simple! undecided

3 Likes

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Omoluabi16(m): 7:24am On Jul 21, 2016
If those 4 categories of people are mentioned.. then who then can be absolved? In a nutshell, it's a collective failure on our part.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by sainttwist1(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2016
80% of nigeria is problem start and end with lecturers. The only thing the they lecture(teach) are revenge, wickedness, bribe, sexual immorality, god-like attitude(dictatorship) even to tribalism and these are the problem we are face in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by sainttwist1(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2016
80% of nigeria problem start with lecturers. The only thing the they lecture(teach) are revenge, wickedness, bribe, sexual immorality, god-like attitude(dictatorship) even to tribalism and these are the problem we are face in nigeria.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by DeRay98(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2016
tukdi:
this is the figment of the imagination of the op! How about flexin', social media, TELEMUNDO, High cost of school fees in both public & private schools, CULTISM, boyfriend & girlfriend things etc

what you are saying is the symptom or result of what Op is saying and they are worse off because of the poor foundational factors op listed.
The way young people interpret news item or posts in the forum and their subsequent reaction is clearly evident of their very poor comprehension and shallow depth or reasoning and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Flyingngel(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2016
Ops u have tried, but Government shld b number 1,2,3 and parents number 4. Until government look into d welfare of teachers in primary and secondary school we will still get it wrong. No matter how ones try, if ur primary education was poor then difficulty will trail u into secondary and university. Nigeria shld adopt SOUTH KOREA education model where teachers are paid more than oil workers. With that d best brain who shld have run to oil companies will now take up teaching profession and thereby improving d sector.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Angrymode: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2016
OP I totally agree with every bit of your write up. But here is the more serious problem:

We will all read this and even agree with it but in reality, we all like it the way it is because it favours us one way or the other. Even the OP that wrote this might be seriously compromised.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by cyrilamx(m): 7:50am On Jul 21, 2016
banmee:

Sometimes I think you people only read the headlines and not the story. What is true about the nonsense the OP wrote? What influence does a parent have on the educational system except on their ward? Plus, the OP/abdeiz obviously did not get an education because I am trying to figure out how government has transformed into a person. You didn't see that did you? There is only one reason the educational system has failed if you must know. It is being managed by Nigerians. Nigerians are not normal so don't expect anything normal.
guy dont act as if u ain't in Nigeria, parents re one if the worst culprits here. Have u heard of 'special centres'?...parents seek out thse centres for their kids, Pay the exorbitant Fee all in the quest of their kids pass out in flying colours-results they cant defend. Most parents engaged mercinaries to write examples for their kids...I am talking from experience. I was approached numerous occasion immediately I obtained my GCE with 4As and 4Cs in 1998. What about situations where parents succumb to their children's pressure to change school Because the School they presently attending, they dont 'make' it there cos that the language they use? Instead of scolding the child and as k him/ her to be serious with studies, they start making Plans with operators of lecture centres to register their wards in rural schools whe re they are giving free Hand to cheat. Need I say more?
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Jephyard(m): 8:02am On Jul 21, 2016
Poor educational system in Nigeria solely goes to the lecturer who have refuse to upgrade. Be waiting for the government to do everything for you, you will wait forever. For God sake what stop the unis/poly from investing in their own project to make money for the school, so many great works are wasting away in their shelve or whatever it is or sell some copies to prospective investors or innovators though they are meant to teach but they should fucking improvise to improve the system and let see if the general public and the well-being of the student won't improve. Sell the God forsaken projects to make money, some of those project there could worth billion. Sorry for the English o, a funny product of this same educational mess
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by chigoizie7(m): 8:21am On Jul 21, 2016
1st, I didn't read all.

2nd, I will have to disagree with u a little bit on number 4.

U said, " you want to sort all courses right?". I mean, if there was nothing like sorting in the 1st place, u wouldn't indulge in it right?

For me, the only people that messed up the education system is the government and lecturers.

Education is not for everyone. Not that there is no money for that, but because some people are not just cut out for school.

The government has made it seem that one is a leper once the person didn't go to school. They made acquiring certificates as a starting point in ones life.

Just give me one good reason why I should not sort courses I know nothing about.

Give me one good reason why I would apply for industrial physics in the university and I would be diverted to mathematics department just because there are vacancies in that department.

Just give me one good reason why I shouldn't sort courses when I know too well, that I will not be employed based on merit or based on what I read in the university but by how connected I am.

Give me one good reason why I should not sort when employers are 1st of all not interested with what u can do with ur brains but with what grade u graduated with.

Oga, u can attest to these fact that most intelligent and serious students does not resort to sorting of courses.

Is it now my fault that a lecturer will make it a point of duty for everyone to sort even when u read very well by deliberating failing u in his or her course so that u will come and sort?

I have not seen a case where a student took money to the lecture and force him to be sorted even when the lecturer stood his ground that he doesn't accept bribes.

Why would I stress myself to read when I know that I can easily sort? Why wouldn't I sort when I know that once I have good grades, there will be chances of getting a job? Why wouldn't I sort when I know that,that my uncle will use his power in the society to secure me a job even when I don't merit the job. The only thing needed here is the certificate and how u got it is not a question here.

So, u expect me to shun sorting and get zero in a test when others are sorting so that I will stand out abi? Even when I wrote well?

Bro forget that thing, create a standard for no sorting and no one will ever sort.

Back in the days, I know one of my lectures that doesn't sort, and for that very fact, all my course mates will have to study very hard otherwise, F is your name.

Blame the decay on those lecturers that thinks they a God, those lecturers that will remind u how they went to cambridge or yale or Oxford when u ask them a simple question in the classroom, those ones who will remind u how useless ur father is for giving birth to a dumb student like u.

If u want the naija education system to be better, sack all the lecturers from profs down to student assistants.

And it is not as if these people are not properly paid oh. They are paid well, so u can't blame their excesses on poverty.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by barbie1018: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2016
It's really a pity! The education sector is almost dead. Most of these big people send their kids abroad. At least, those of you on social media read the news everyday about rich men's kids graduating from universities abroad.
I know of a proprietor who has a secondary school and yet his kid is schooling abroad. What will you say about that?
Our lecturers don't do research. The situation is appalling!
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by brexit: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2016
Most lecturers in our universities are not qualified,they were employed based on relationship with authorities or politicians hence in some universities we have 3rd class degree holders as professors a situation which is abnormal in academics.

1 Like

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Edetedu5(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
They will destroy themselve,destroy their houses and not this Nation
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by eph12(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2016
I still think the parents, government and ourselves are the only ones to be blamed. The lecturers are only capitalizing on the situation we have found ourselves as a result of the uselessness of the other factors.
Parents now have learnt some very bad characters. They have decided to transfer home training of their children to the teachers in school. They believe they pay school fees so the teachers should help them train their children.

1 Like

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by chigoizie7(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2016
cyrilamx:
guy dont act as if u ain't in Nigeria, parents re one if the worst culprits here. Have u heard of 'special centres'?...parents seek out thse centres for their kids, Pay the exorbitant Fee all in the quest of their kids pass out in flying colours-results they cant defend. Most parents engaged mercinaries to write examples for their kids...I am talking from experience. I was approached numerous occasion immediately I obtained my GCE with 4As and 4Cs in 1998. What about situations where parents succumb to their children's pressure to change school Because the School they presently attending, they dont 'make' it there cos that the language they use? Instead of scolding the child and as k him/ her to be serious with studies, they start making Plans with operators of lecture centres to register their wards in rural schools whe re they are giving free Hand to cheat. Need I say more?

Don't u think that there will be nothing like special centres if government are actually doing their jobs.

Cheating is not good, accepted.

But give me one good reason why I will not allow my child to cheat in an exam where every other person is cheating? Make good grades, got admitted, sort their way out from university, get good grades too, get a good paying job by bribing their way too.

If everything was on merit in these country, no one will ever hear of special centres and all that. If govt officials were doing the job they were paid to do, they wouldn't allow special exams to be conducted in any special centre, talk of waec, who invigilates it? Parents or govt officials? If the govt officials were so strict to allow any kid indulge in any form of exam malpractice, no one will patronise such centres in the 1st place. If govt didn't register those dilapidated building with ssce graduates as it's teachers as waec or neco centres, there will be nothing like a special centre.

Truth, parents follow, but na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2016
Freiden:
NUMBER 3: The Parents

*Modified*
I feel so honoured to be the first comment. All of my hard work and dedication has finally paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friends Antonio(Silvertongue), Seun(Stamina), and my best friend Remmymerlin and also my NL crush, Debbywills, and my lovely bro Leyelanre for being really heavy, strong, and always there for me. I want to thank my friend Wisexool benni, for being really fat and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet tadpol for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next I would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that I need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people I would like to thank; Facebook , the fish I caught in SS1, the bulb in my room because I wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on Nairaland, my house because without it I would be homeless, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the people out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone. Thank you Nairaland. God bless you all.

Dude, for real?! Lmto
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by ifyjohnson(f): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2016
DeRay98:

Nigerian lecturers are lazy piece of…(Please pick offense for all I care). They’re so lazy that the handouts most of them use to teach their students in 2016 were written in 1956. They do not carry out researches, they do not refresh their knowledge, and most of all, and they are allergic to correction. They hate bright students and prefer to teach dummies. They make sure you do not think outside the box for their words are ‘Yea and Amen’. Dare challenge a lecturer in a Nigerian university and you would keep writing that course till Jesus comes. They want exactly what they said in class word for word and leave no room for new ideas and exploration.

My brother you have said it all. I remember when one lecturer asked me to define international relations, after defining it, he said he wasn't satisfied because he wants me to define it in his own words. I was so angry dat day but I had to define it in his own words for peace to regin
The biggest problem is they don't want you to think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by boss096(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2016
banmee:

my dear just listen to yourself talk. from your last sentence NIGERIANS ARE NOT NORMAL! I conclude that you aren't educated and thus u aren't normal like u said. so i see no reason arguing with u. I rest ma case.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by segzy17: 9:34am On Jul 21, 2016
OP kudos to u for identifying out the prblm bt what is d way out?
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by greenify: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2016
Number one destroyer should be governor Ogbeni Aregbesola.
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by benELOHIM7(m): 9:54am On Jul 21, 2016
Even with just his school cert, I doubt if most graduates of today can equal my dad today as per intelligence, panache and suave. Funny how he got a job in gulf oil company (now chevron) with the cert, I just cant stop laughing when I think it over
Re: 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. by Bnladan(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2016
U haven't said Anythn OP. Name individuals then we'll take u serious. 2 summarize this, d OP is saying EVERYBODY is @ fault grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut / Madam Koi Koi: The MOST FEARED Woman In Boarding Schools / Ejikeme Mmesoma’s Result Is Fake! Nothing To Investigate- Olabisi Deji-Folutile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.