Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

“I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. (419 Views)

Dino Melaye And Senator Remi Tinubu Chatting (Photos) / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Honorable Senator Oluremi Tinubu made this shocking disclosure during an interview on Wednesday when members of the Lagos State House of Assembly from Lagos Central and members of the All Progressives Congress caucus as well as some party leaders paid her a solidarity visit at the National Assembly Complex, Abuja.

The Lagos-Central caucus was led by Sen. Muniru Muse, while the National Assembly caucus was led by Sen. Gbenga Ashafa.

Tinubu had accused Melaye of assaulting her verbally during an executive session of the Senate last week Tuesday.

Melaye had, however, denied the allegation, claiming instead that Tinubu insulted him.

During the solidarity visit Tinubu insisted that she is not an activist and as such should not be seen as someone fighting for the rights of women, she said “I am not championing a cause for women. I am only standing in my space and if my space is encroached upon, I have to fight back. Rosa Parks wasn’t an activist; she just decided to sit in her space and not give up her space anybody in a bus. And that sent a message".

Source: http://punchng.com/ive-forgiven-melaye-fight-right-continues-tinubu/?utm

Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by HungerBAD: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
Makes Sense.

You can actually Champion the cause of something, without necessarily blowing your trumpet about it, so on that she has a point. Abike Dabiri went about hers that way too, with quiet dignity and less fanfare.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by knuckbuck(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Remi Tinubu is definitely no Rosa Parks. She is instead everything Rosa Parks was against which was oppression and abuse. Remi Tinubu, say your on your lane and away from the truly oppressed. Thank you.
Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
undecided
Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by AngelAhnie(f): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tell those jobless women
Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by predear(m): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ofcourse we all know u r not. U r only championing D cause of ur lord....Tinubu.
Re: “I Am Not Championing A Cause For Women" - Senator Remi Tinubu. by robosky02(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Tell those jobless women

hmmm ok

(1) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu Remains Governor (see Details) / Goodluck Jonathan To Be Keynote Speaker At NLA Merit Award / MEND, FG Reach Compromise To End Militancy; Okah Brothers, Kanu May Be Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.