Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi (16152 Views)

45-Year-Old Bricklayer Sodomises 11-Year-Old Boy, Gives Him N20 (Photo) / Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k / Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by 989900E: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Same set of people who think thieving politicians are being 'witch-hunted', and should not pay for their crimes, would want this man jailed regardless, or keep mum at best.

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by rapistomenka: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just imagine.......
And Aisha Buhari is walking free after braking into people's houses in US in the den of the Night and made away with their valuables.....

Aisha Travel and see

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nellybank(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
My broda I taya o... If u want mek we support u, steal fud not maggi. Mtcheeeww.... My broda see u in jail
vislabraye:
Maggi na foid ?

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Omeokachie: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
You mean his parents named him Jeopardy? Na dem ruin im future na.

Guy should have stuck to his home construction trade instead of trying to be a chef.

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by agbonkamen(f): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Poor man wey thief maggi dem go show him face for crime fighter

In this kind of cases, our judiciary are always very active and ever ready to pronounce unreasonable jail term for unreasonable crimes.

Someone that stole maggi, isn't it clear he's hungry
do we even have judiciary e no go better for poverty
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by princeakins(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
DONSMITH123:
When People wen steal billions never go jail.

I teeyu my broda.. Naija i hail thee cheesy

Btw baba

Check ma sig, nid ur total support on dz bruv

View ma profile www.nairaland.com/princeakins

Tnx hommie smiley
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by OYAY(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is absurd for the judge,e for pity am naw!!! So much for his name sef,JEORPARDY ahahahah!!!!
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by javispj(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Buhari,,, were r the names of those who looted billions... if ten Nair maggi can take u to jail..why holding back those who stole from the hole country..so the poor tends to get the smallest sticks n pay the sacrificial price..e No go better for Mr president n all him associates
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by bravesoul247(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Idydarling:
This is a clear case of the social gap between the Burgeosis and the Proleterats. When an individual comes to the self realization of who he is and how he is being exploited by these social institutions, then the individual should break free from mental slavery and should emancipate himself...

Karl Marx.
nice point... same was said in game of thrones "when the many (poor masses) stop being afraid of the few (the rich politicians) then the many will overpower the act of being exploited... politicians still billions and go Scot free while the poor get jailed for stealing Maggi.. very funny
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Ayodejioak(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
That's so to hear.. reminds me of African China's song... poor man wey tiff Maggie omo dem go show him face for crime fighter. The best way to steal in Nigeria is to make sure the noughts after you figure is atleast 6. I.e 9 000 000 is a good start embarassed

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by drehdinho(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
I know that many people will feel that the convict should at least be freed. What many folks don't realize is that people like this can be a potential danger to the public. You see, If such action was not taken by the judge, he and others with similar anti-social behaviours will see the action as a pleasant one. Law has to take its course ,that politicians steal and all that doesn't make everyone to follow their evil path. There's no way we can justify evil with evil, it will still be the same thing, and If we attempt this, life will be miserable for all and sundry.
In my opinion, the judge was even linient with his decision, three months is like a week on the prison calendar. So, it's not a bad decision though. To me it's more of a warning. At least it will serve as a deterent to others who has found law breaking as their means to getting wealth.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by ALAYORMII: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I think everyone should endeavor to read through the entire article especially the bolded. I must say the judge was fair enough. He stole stuffs worth 10k 7 and was fined 15k, that's fair actually. Rich men who steal 120million get slammed with bail of 100million in the first instance. Let alone the final judgement.

Its actually not fair if we're to go by Nigeria antecedent

Go check the case of Bode George

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by ChubbychummyICE(f): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Well, dunno d significance of d two packs of Maggi he shud hv just taken one though, but dis is wat d nation is putting us in nw, d lowlife suffer badly nd rich never get to jail after stealing millions nd billions derisgodoh.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by hardbody: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Whoever gave evidence towards prosecution on this matter is wicked. The law just took its cause. They should have cautioned the man and ask him to go.

Now that hunger led him into stealing Maggi, he should just chill and be fed by the federal government for 3 months. When he comes out he can start his life again, after all there is no guarantee he will get any job or even food in those 3 months if he is in a free society.

Meanwhile some people in the western world will steal and wait to be arrested tried and imprisoned so they can feed on state fund.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by saintdennis(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
cezarman:
Baba God, Please Give The Judge A Very Harsh Judgement When His Time Comes..Na Poor Man Body Una Dey Get Power.Crase People!

It's too bad that u didn't read the write up...I PERSONALLY HATE NL for its sensationalist headlines which the MODS dont address.

First he is a burglar(BREAKING AND ENTERING) around 1:30 am

Second he stole Maggi and a DVD player worth 10k.

A 15k fine was OK AND LENIENT...VERY LENIENT.

Truth is he was caught-in-the-act thus who knows what else he would have carted away...or does anyone actually wanna steal only 2packet of Maggi?

This man is going to jail cos he doesn't have money to file injunction lols
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by 9jatatafo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thid judge sef. The young man has no money and stole maggi and in his judgement he is sending the thief to 3 months in prison with option of N15k
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by love4rent80s: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Jeopar kini ? That not his real name, I know his real name starts with ol.......
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by first2shop(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
mayorchelsea:

http://punchng.com/bricklayer-jailed-stealing-two-packets-maggi-seasoning/

please let nairalanders who defend politicians that stole public funds with their lives see what an average Nigerian thief faces.

Mr President by African China

VERSE 1
Food e no dey
Brother eh water no dey
And our country no good o
Everyday for thief
One day for owner e
Poor man wey thief maggi
Omo, dem go show im face
for crime fighter [crime fighter]
Rich man wey thief money
Omo, we no dey see their face
for crime fighter
Tell me something now rudeboy

Rich man go dey halla prayer [modupe]
Poor man go dey shout [anwuola m ee]
Rich man go dey halla prayer [modupe]
Poor man go dey shout [anwuola m ee]
Make una lead us well
No let this nation to fall inside well

CHORUS
Mr. President [Lead us well]
If you be governor [Govern us well]
If you be senator [Senate am well]
If you be police [Police well well, no dey take bribe]
Oya lead us well [Nne me eh, Govern us well]
If you be senator [Senate am well]
If you be police [Police well well, no dey take bribe]

VERSE 2
Fuel e no dey
Brother eh transportation no dey
And our road e no good o
What about the NEPA people o
we no get light
Everybody just dey halla
fuel no dey, na how we wan survive
Many youth ready for work
but as work no dey
na how dey wan survive
We be giant of Africa
but to get visa enter Ghana
na WAEC [oh my God]
Policeman go see white
e go tell you say
I say that thing na red
Tell me something my people
Make una lead us well,
no let this nation to fall inside well

REPEAT CHORUS
[lyrics from www.niglyrics.com]

VERSE 3
Alhaji wey pull Khaki
say the name of him party
People Destroying People
Na the name of the party
election for my country
na paddy paddy
wayo wayo
arrange no ni
People wey vote them in
still dey live in pain
This na disgrace
I am so ashamed
We don collect shop permit
Collect trading permit
trading permit
You still dey burn shop
You wan tell me say
you no know when them pay
Why you dey make us
dey live in pain
Make una lead us well
no let this nation to fall inside well
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by popcykaylah(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Then if this guy can be sent to jail for stealing maggi worth less than $10 then what is dasuki and the cronic thieves still doing on the streets after stealing over $2billion? angry May God purnish these corrupt judges..
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
popcykaylah:
Then if this guy can be sent to jail for stealing maggi worth less than $10 then what is dasuki and the cronic thieves still doing on the streets after stealing over $2billion? angry May God purnish these corrupt judges..
Errrm don't let your emotions run too high my brother, the law is the law. The case in point is that of a self confessed convict, while Dasuki as of now is a citizen like me and you, only convicted in the minds of people and in the media.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Its actually not fair if we're to go by Nigeria antecedent

Go check the case of Bode George
Do I really need to "go, check "? Don't you think it's you who should do the checking of our penal code? The law is the law, my brother.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by cruz419(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Haba were is our conscience na if d man could afford Dat 15k fine Shea e for go steal two packet of Maggi ni,, chiii and sarki dey senate house dey enjoy immunity after suckling a whole state dry,, DERE IS GOD OOOI
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by bestpunterever: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigeria is truly a Zoo, according to our yelo dielector in kuje prison.. A Zoo country where law only work against the poor ones.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigeria laws, rules n regulations r only meant for the poor.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by talk2dmc(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Somebody should help him out with the 15k nah .
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by freshness2020: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
China songs comes to mind.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Akjr(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
In African china's voice: poor man steal maggi unna jail am.. And rich men dei dr dei steal billions, matter go die..... Mr prisedent
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by elsomm(m): 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kuje prison? That's a blessing for him. Before he comes out, he would have contacts and connections at federal level

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by sergiolefty(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
welcome to naija where who steals millions of naira go scot free nd who steals packet of maggi go to jail.....
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by AttahOnuh: 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
Stealing only maggi without rice or beans,what for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Fraudsters Arrested In India For ₦‎138 Million Bank Fraud / 12 Killed As Herdsmen Attack Benue Community / NDLEA Intercepts Explosives Going To Bandits, Europe-bound Meth Consignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.