Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi (16147 Views)

45-Year-Old Bricklayer Sodomises 11-Year-Old Boy, Gives Him N20 (Photo) / Bricklayer Rapes Prostitute On The Road In Lagos After Promising To Pay Her N40k / Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by realmenrealhats(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
chai na wah oh. we no get activists for town? is very infair na. what is this? chai i feel like crying just now. wetin no reach buy recharge card
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by room089: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chai!
My trap miss dis meat sha! grin

#NCAN
Name checkers association of nigeria

John putting himself into jeopardy because of 'change.'
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Arisheloaded(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
DumDum13656:
The man na mumu de worry am, if I be judge na life imprisonment I go give am. en no see billions carry. hw many heads our politicians get?. I'm an advocate of Anything U Wanna Do; Do It Wella!!!

Even stealing?
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by DumDum13656: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Even stealing?

if that's what he wanna do. Be Smart.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by CioAngels(f): 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I think everyone should endeavor to read through the entire article especially the bolded. I must say the judge was fair enough. He stole stuffs worth 10k 7 and was fined 15k, that's fair actually. Rich men who steal 120million get slammed with bail of 100million in the first instance. Let alone the final judgement.
I don't use maggi to cook so i don't know the price of maggi, but certainly a packet of maggi cannot be more than 500 to 700#. Not 10k.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Binsani(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Where's the judge... this planet ain't his home anymore
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Binsani(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
Binsani:
Where's the judge... this planet ain't his home anymore

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
The Judicial arm of government is the main problem of this nation.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Binsani(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
WukedP:
Useless judge, that's why them dey die upside down

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
CioAngels:
I don't use maggi to cook so i don't know the price of maggi, but certainly a packet of maggi cannot be more than 500 to 700#. Not 10k.
You really didn't read the bolded, else you would have noted this :

Oporomo told the court that the convict broke into the complainant’s shop at about 1.30am and stole two packets of Maggi cubes, valued N700 and one DVD player valued N10, 000
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by chidozieikeji2: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
mayorchelsea:

http://punchng.com/bricklayer-jailed-stealing-two-packets-maggi-seasoning/

please let nairalanders who defend politicians that stole public funds with their lives see what an average Nigerian thief faces.
nonsense and abba morrow dem dey get few months after scamming job seekers
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by CioAngels(f): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Jeopardy john you must be sick. You are hungry and went to steal maggi, is maggi food? The poor masses of Nigeria should try to avoid things like this becos the Nigerian law is made for the poor. The politicians steal billions, trillions No judge jails them rather they are given ministerial appointments. Judge ogbede, joepardy john, went to jail becos he did not have millions to brhbe you?
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
These is one of the reasons why Nigeria will never progress. A man stole billions,he was given plea bargain but a common stole just 2 packs of maggi cubes and was sentenced to 9 months.
Nigeria is a damn country. angryThese is one of the reasons why Nigeria will never progress. A man stole billions,he was given plea bargain but a common stole just 2 packs of maggi cubes and was sentenced to 9 months.
Nigeria is a damn country.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by DonBenny77(m): 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
how can one bear d name jeopardy
n not be in jeopardy
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
so even the judge could not have a conscience to pay for the Maggi, what a country
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by sunnyside16(m): 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thank God he was not lynched before hand
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Arisheloaded(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
DumDum13656:

if that's what he wanna do. Be Smart.

That should he condemned in all form. Honesty pays.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Cityguy: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Haba!
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by famayo: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Jailed quickly for stealing Maggi. VIP thieves that stole billion dollars are walking freely.. All animals are not equal. Nigeria we hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by irondome: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
JOYOSITA:
That's so unfair naw.

How is it unfair? He broke into a store and stole properties worth 11,000. All he got was a fine of 15,000 or 3 months jail term option. The dude is so lucky
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by irondome: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
CioAngels:

You obviously missed the part that says he also stole a DVD worth 10k; plus he broke into a store. The dude is so lucky, but providence ensured he served his term. Next time, you would think twice before committing any crime.

You guys are so preposterous!!! Justifying crime under any guise!!!

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by uhiochris1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
african china no lie when him sing sa "poor man wa steal maggi u go see their face for crime fighters...... rich man wa steal maggi dem no da see their face for crime fighters"

sorry if the lyrics is not all that correct.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by cococandy(f): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
The sentence is fair. 3 months or 15k naira.
For breaking and entering, that's a slap on the wrist. The crime in itself (breaking and entering) is one that attracts jail-term.

add stealing to that and you'll see that the judge wasn't unnecessarily mean. And yes he stole a dvd worth valued at 10k too. This OP is trying to be sensational by putting only the maggi information in the topic. Mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by cococandy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
irondome:

How is it unfair? He broke into a store and stole properties worth 11,000. All he got was a fine of 15,000 or 3 months jail term option. The dude is so lucky
tell me about it.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by irondome: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
cococandy:
tell me about it.

I initially misconstrued your post for something else. Honestly, the dude is so lucky, unfortunately, an average Nigerian doesn't know the law, let alone respect the system.

1 Like

Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Dapsin2901: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lol nigeria haba kilode only poor man that face such thing what happen to all this hmmmm I no won wahala oooo
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Fastpace(f): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
But bricklayer work nah work na,abuja dey build estate nw,abi change don affect everything.nah God go helep common man.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by FuddiesandAce: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
This country sev na serious wah....

So it's okay for a rich man to steal a billion naira and for poor man not to steal 1 naira...
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by SmartMugu: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Imagine a Maggi thief sharing same prison with Dasuki.
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by SmartMugu: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Idydarling:
This is a clear case of the social gap between the Burgeosis and the Proleterats. When an individual comes to the self realization of who he is and how he is being exploited by these social institutions, then the individual should break free from mental slavery and should emancipate himself...

Karl Marx.
Wole Soyinka, is that you?
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by Idydarling(f): 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
SmartMugu:
Wole Soyinka, is that you?
lol, check my profile to confirm na
Re: Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi by graciabelle: 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
His name is fighting against him, what kind of parent names a child Jeopardy? angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drug Traffickers In Police Uniforms Arrested In Kano / Timothy Adegoke: Oriyomi Hamzat Should Release CCTV Footage - Adedoyin's Lawyer / 12 Killed As Herdsmen Attack Benue Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.