Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! (64483 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by agabaI23(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
Dayokanu,

What is different is this

"I am being considered a worthy replacement for Henry while not deserving his salary. Yes, I am still under contract to Arsenal[b] but it's up to the directors to satisfy my demands or I'll leave''[/b].
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tayoccu(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
[size=48pt]Can we stop Talking about Adebuywhore?
Sheesh!!!!
[/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
agabaI23:

Sauron but it is true that he said thathttp://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/premier-league/bigger-than-the-club.html
This was also carried by The sun and other frontline media outlets. Did they conspire to lie against him?
So please it was not a lie.

U are lumping two issues together here. . . . .Don't play smart.
Did Ade ask for another pay-rise after Arsenal paid him 80K a week?
Just answer YES/NO to that cos most GAYnners here want us to believe he asked for more than the 80K/week after penning the new contract.

After the demand, Arsenal only managed 80K for him. He accepted it for the interim while waiting for a better opportunity to move as they did not satisfy his demand.

So Ade penned 80K a week contract for 5 years in the INTERIM? cheesy cheesy

of course he would not ask for a pay rise openly but his body language will do the asking for him.
So I never said he was asking for another pay rise
I said What you quoted was a part of my argument which with other part led to the final statement. That part alone does not represent my thought process.

What do u guys mean by body language?
Clichy has been shit this season. . . . .Is it because he wants a pay-rise?
This is one of the stuffs GAYnners fabricate in their minds. . . . .Arsenal did not misfire only because of Ade's languid style last season,
Some of your big players played woefully as well and that includes Cesc Fabregas.

@ HNIC,

So Ade was targeted by your fans because he flirted with AC Milan and Barcelona. . . . .
What stopped the same set of fans targeting Cesc and Arshavin who made the same comment?
The Africans in your club get MORE criticisms than their counterparts(that has always been ma argument).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Sauron
See a comment below by an Arsenal fan(not me grin)
It's his comment and some agree, some don't.
Cesc gets criticised also!!!

Every time Cesc comes back from international duty, he doesn't perform. I am sure being around all his international team mates creates some unconscious desire to be playing in La Liga, not to mention all the Spanish journalists he is around. But it looks like his heart isn't in it. Got to say we looked a lot better without him at UTD, than with him vs City and Liege. And Diaby and Cesc playing together is like Gerrard and Lampard when Steve Mclaren was their manager.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2009
HNIC:

@ Sauron
See a comment below by an Arsenal fan(not me grin)
It's his comment and some agree, some don't.
Cesc gets criticised also!!!

Every time Cesc comes back from international duty, he doesn't perform. I am sure being around all his international team mates creates some unconscious desire to be playing in La Liga, not to mention all the Spanish journalists he is around. But it looks like his heart isn't in it. Got to say we looked a lot better without him at UTD, then with him vs City and Liege. And Diaby and Cesc playing together is like Gerrard and Lampard when Steve Mclaren was their manager.

What is harsh in this statement?
Go to Arseblogs and see how they use words like "greedy", "stupid", "bumbling idiot" for players like Ade and Eboue.
When Eboue got a red card against SPURS last season. . . . . .There was no negative adjective that wasn't used on Eboue.
Letz face it. . . . . .Arsenal fans don't hold back for the Africans in their team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by agabaI23(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
Sauron
I am not lumping anything together mate.

I was only stating the obvious. I never said he asked for a pay rise. What i said in summary is that Ade wanted a better pay which if not satisfied would make him move. And that was exactly what he did.

Of course he was persuaded to pen the 80k/week contracvt the way you guys persuaded Ronaldo to forget Real last season but we all knew his heart was in Real.

It only took a season for it to matrialize.

Ade felt his remuneration was poor and did not like Arsenal wage structure so he wanted a move.

The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo had a career plan, Ade was motivated by greed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
agabaI23:

Sauron
I am not lumping anything together mate.
I was only stating the obvious. I never said he asked for a pay rise. What i said in summary is that Ade wanted a better pay which if not satisfied would make him move. And that was exactly what he did.

Wenger/Arsenal forced him out

Of course he was persuaded to pen the 80k/week contracvt the way you guys persuaded Ronaldo to forget Real last season but we all knew his heart was in Real.
It only took a season for it to matrialize.

Now that you have admitted their situations are kinda similar. . . . .Did United boo Ronaldo?
Afterall, Ronaldo was not really at his best unlike the penultimate season when he was scoring for fun.
The fans never booed him. . . . . .

Ade felt his remuneration was poor and did not like Arsenal wage structure so he wanted a move.
The difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo had a career plan, Ade was motivated by greed.

Motivated by greed?? grin grin grin grin
I disagree but that's another story.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

When u sign a contract for 3 years. . . . . U get no pay-rise for the first 2 years.
Just before the 3rd year, the contract can be reviewed.
Telling us now Ade wanted a pay-rise within months of getting his 80k per week is something only illiterates can yap about.

slimshay:

Now i know you are really dimwitted, even your own fletcher is abt to be rewarded with a pay rise 12 months into his contracts that expires in 2012. Sharon f**k off our thread!!!!

~Sauron~:

What questions were being raised?
Slimshay is just exhibiting the same idiocy Debosky and Loyika have exuded in the past.
How can any idiot come here and say a player can ask for more after penning a new contract?
Did you guys pass through the 4 walls of a school?

U are a consummate idiot. . . . . .Fletcher is about to be rewarded. . . . .Last time i checked, there's a difference between rewarding and asking for!!
How can you ask a pay-rise within months of penning a new contract?
Ronaldo's last pay-rise was in 2007 despite becoming the best player in the planet in 2008.
His pay was not increased because of that. . . . .U GAYnners are morons.

Fletcher signed a contract in October 2008. . . . .He cannot ask for a pay-rise until October 2010.
If the club decides to reward him, it is up to them but GAYnners are claiming Adebayor asked for more within months of penning a new contract.
It is the biggest load of tosh i have had to read on any forum.
GAYnners have their heads ETERNALLY buried in their asses.

You are really a buffoon Sauran, how did you come out tops in superstory?! mr statiscally-slanted sharon your post is clear as to your 'expert' opinion on the modalities for pay increase, you have to be one year to the end of your contract, i have just shown you even your own club is doing otherwise, your club!! You said nothing about askin or rewarding . And then you proceed to call me idiot?!

Perhaps if you spend half as much time on your thread as you do here, you will garner some info about your team.

yes there are a lot of idiots on arsenal threads, and if they will kindly f**k off to their own threads, we will have some peace of mind!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
slimshay:

You are really a buffoon Sauran, how did you come out tops in superstory?! mr statiscally-slanted sharon your post is clear as to your 'expert' opinion on the modalities for pay increase, you have to be one year to the end of your contract, i have just shown you even your own club is doing otherwise, your club!! You said nothing about askin or rewarding . And then you proceed to call me idiot?!

U are a consummate simpleton. . . . . .I used an example of THREE YEARS.
In the first 23 months of a contract, you are on a fixed wage-structure. Nothing can be renewed or reviewed.
Ade's 80K per week contract wasn't even 14 months old when GAYnners took their IDIOCY to military grade and lying he wanted more money.
Go and read about other players with contracts. . . .It is always 2 years after they pen before they start thinking of renewing. . . .

Perhaps if you spend half as much time on your thread as you do here, you will garner some info about your team.

Go and grasp the difference between rewarding and asking for a pay-rise.
There's a universe of difference between the two and i am sure Fletcher's supposed reward will not happen before April 2010.

yes there are a lot of idiots on arsenal threads, and if they will kindly f**k off to their own threads, we will have some peace of mind!!!

Y'all are the idiots. . . . . .Other members come here to put things in order because left to you Zombies, Wenger is better than Fergie.
Buncha bumbling retards.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ronaldo flirted with madrid but Macs did not boo him
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by agabaI23(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wenger/Arsenal forced him out

Now that you have admitted their situations are kinda similar. . . . .Did United boo Ronaldo.
Afterall, Ronaldo was not really at his best unlike the penultimate season when he was scoring for fun.
The fans never booed him. . . . . .

Motivated by greed?? grin grin grin grin
I disagree but that's another story

You had to say you disagree to counter your agreement in the first sentence given away by your smiley lol

Abeg make him go. He is gone.

Ronaldo scored against sporting lisbon and refused to celebrate why will he be booed?
Even though he was not at his best last season, he still did some spectacular stuff and still better than many average players. Why would you boo him?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by agabaI23(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
dayokanu:

Ronaldo flirted with madrid but Macs did not boo him
Yet he was playing well!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Sauron
You still don't get it.
Did Ronaldo ever blame the fans for performing poorly?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
HNIC:

@Sauron
You still don't get it.
Did Ronaldo ever blame the fans for performing poorly?

The fans didn't boo him in the first place so he couldn't have used that excuse. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
Guy you've got so much twists and turns than the spaghetti junction. First it wasnt done, now fletcher wont see the money until 2010. Like i said you are the 'expert' in football matters  grin. :in the first 23 months you are on a fixed wage structure Come here spitting blaggederash!!!

I'm not here to talk about the togolese, but when a players says pay him like henry for him to play like henry, i dont know what your watered down intelligence translates that to. He is asking to make financial sacrifice?!!!

Other members?!! last time i checked you were not an arsenal fan, just a perv scoping on the young uns!!! so please leave us be.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

The fans didn't boo him in the first place so he couldn't have used that excuse. grin

Ok.
don't say i didn't tell you.
Ade causes trouble wherever he goes.
it's a 3 match ban already, he's still being investigated for the celebration.
I wonder how his Gaffer is feeling!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
I am sure Wenger would do anything for the 3 points Adebayor gave his team.

Mark Hughes would have been more pissed if Van rapist caught Adebayor with his rash 2 footed Adebayor woulda been out for a season.

Citeh would cope without Adebayor unlike GAYYners who blame Eduardos absence for their trophylessness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
dayokanu:

I am sure Wenger would do anything for the 3 points Adebayor gave his team.

Mark Hughes would have been more pissed if Van rapist caught Adebayor with his rash 2 footed Adebayor woulda been out for a season.

Citeh would cope without Adebayor unlike GAYYners who blame Eduardos absence for their trophylessness

Suara has said there are a lot of idiots on Arsenal thread!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
slimshay:

Guy you've got so much twists and turns than the spaghetti junction. First it wasnt done, now fletcher wont see the money until 2010. Like i said you are the 'expert' in football matters  grin. :in the first 23 months you are on a fixed wage structure Come here spitting blaggederash!!!

Fletcher won't see the money? Are you in a trance?
I said while moves might be going on to give him a pay-rise, they won't go to the table or Fletcher won't sign the papers until 2010.
U can bookmark this page.

I'm not here to talk about the togolese, but when a players says pay him like henry for him to play like henry, i dont know what your watered down intelligence translates that to. He is asking to make financial sacrifice?!!!

This is because Arsene underpays his players and when the big clubs come hovering, you twerps expect such players to stay put.
Where is that done? I don't condone greed and at the same time i don't tolerate when players are not appreciated.
Don't overpay, don't underpay.

Other members?!! last time i checked you were not an arsenal fan, just a perv scoping on the young uns!!! so please leave us be.

And yet you insist on displaying your foolishness.
So i have to be an Arsenal fan to be interested in Arsenal matters?
Which planet did you spring out from? It can't be planet earth, i am sure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by biina: 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
HNIC:

Ok.
don't say i didn't tell you.
Ade causes trouble wherever he goes.
it's a 3 match ban already, he's still being investigated for the celebration.
I wonder how his Gaffer is feeling!
Pretty good, given that he is in 3rd with a game in hand, and looking down at Wenger, 6pts below in 9th grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
biina:

Pretty good, given that he is in 3rd with a game in hand, and looking down at Wenger, 6pts below in 9th grin

and dey keep crawling out, idiots!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
What kind of idiocy is being displayed here? Can you muppets just SHUT up and stop talking about ex-Arsenal players here? Jobless tards.  tongue

Arsenal fans should please STOP engaging in meaningless conversations with these idiots.

Let Ibime and others keep saying things about Eduardo - his breed is dying reh reh reh. . .as long as he scores goals I don't give a flying fart. He's scored three times this season, twice in the CL so if that's not a decent return from a player who is not even first choice then I don't know what is.

Dudu lost pace but still had enough pace to get around the Portsmouth defender in the way he did for the assist for Diaby a few weeks ago? Still fast enough for me then.  cool

Beneath all this rubbish is the re-emergence of Rozzi - yes he still isn't as match fit as we would like, but I am very encouraged to see him back. Once Walcott, Nasri and AA23 return, the competition for attacking places in this side will be crazy.

@ Kit

I agree with you now that there was wisdom in at least trying to sign another goal keeper instead of throwing a 21 year old with only 3 senior games into a CL game. Especially since we had lost our two previous games, we could not afford to lose this one due to the damaging impact on our confidence. That said, I'm sure he's learnt a lot from the experience.

We will have a serious problem if Almunia is out for a long stretch - while Vito is good, he is nowhere near ready to play many games for us as yet. I think he should play all CC games this season (NOT Fabianski) to make sure we get some improvement in him,

I have a few more comments about the game - I personally thought Vermaelen and WG were fully blended - an unrealistic expectation given they have not even played together 10 times. I guess the first few games gave that impression. On closer inspection, they still need to work together to improve their understanding and coordination. Eboue is an ok player, but can never be a first choice RB in our side if Sagna is fit. That said, his goal line clearance and a header back to Vito in the second half were top draw.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
debosky:

What kind of idiocy is being displayed here? Can you muppets just SHUT up and stop talking about ex-Arsenal players here? Jobless tards.  tongue

Arsenal fans should please STOP engaging in meaningless conversations with these idiots.

Let Ibime and others keep saying things about Eduardo - his breed is dying reh reh reh. . .as long as he scores goals I don't give a flying fart. He's scored three times this season, twice in the CL so if that's not a decent return from a player [size=16pt]who is not even first choice[/size] then I don't know what is.

Thanks for digging your own GRAVE again.
If Bendtner can get ahead of a fit Eduardo in the Arsenal team then why are we arguing? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thanks for digging your own GRAVE again.
If Bendtner can get ahead of a fit Eduardo in the Arsenal team then why are we arguing? grin grin

What grave? I already told you a long time ago that Nick B is better than that Togolese Arrow. tongue

Frankly I think someone needs to give Clichy a kick up the backside - his sloppiness in the last two games reached untenable levels and it's Sagna that stays on the bench?? Why not Clichy? undecided I hope he gets his act together quickly or it's going to be a long and painful journey this season.

We've conceded 8 goals in 3 games - that is an abysmal defensive record. AW set it right.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
debosky:

What grave? I already told you a long time ago that Nick B is better than that Togolese Arrow. tongue

Frankly I think someone needs to give Clichy a kick up the backside - his sloppiness in the last two games reached untenable levels and it's Sagna that stays on the bench?? Why not Clichy? undecided I hope he gets his act together quickly or it's going to be a long and painful journey this season.

We've conceded 8 goals in 3 games - that is an abysmal defensive record. AW set it right.

I think it has something to do with adapting to the new 4-3-3 formation. It could be quite tasking for full backs. I guess thats why last season superb performers are looking rather average early this season. With time they'll get it down pat. till then, let the Dms put in extra work.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2009
slimshay:

I think it has something to do with adapting to the new 4-3-3 formation. It could be quite tasking for full backs. I guess thats why last season superb performers are looking rather average early this season. With time they'll get it down pat. till then, let the Dms put in extra work.

Who are these 'superb' performers? Clichy was poor last season as well, so I don't know who you're making reference to.

I don't think 4-3-3 has made us defensively stronger, at least because there isn't always someone covering the wings like when we played 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Clichy and Eboue are very prone to get stuck high up the pitch with wide swathes of space behind them - either the midfielders are disciplined enough to occupy those spaces once the wing backs go forward or the defenders stay back and keep things tight.

Besides, virtually NONE of the crosses by Eboue, Clichy and Diaby reached an attacking player. They were so abysmal I wondered if they ever practiced. In my opinion they should simply stay back - they are not adding anything to our attacking game, just leaving us vulnerable at the back, compared to WG and Vermaelen who actually score or create when they go forward.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
debosky:

U wish. . . . . .

He needs 2 reserve games.
The guy is low in confidence and needs to buckle up before Gibbs takes his place.
What happened to those Clichy runs of the past where he takes the ball deep in his half and run with it into his opponent's danger area?

Can't remember the last time you kept a clean sheet. . . . . .Celtic away?? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2009
I chose to use the superlative, my bad. But both of our full backs performances so far is nothing near to what they posted last season. And dats cos the formation constantly requires that they move back and forth through out the game coupled with the lack of natural wingers so far, it falls to them to combine that function with theirs do. Leaving the defensive midfielders to cover their backs.
Two goals against city came directly from the failure of this sytem. Clichy lost a fabregas pass, Song went in the space to cover behind but the cover wasnt good enough.
Thats why i say until they get it down pat: positioning and the back and forth movement. The harder task will be for the defensive midfielders acting as cover.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by DrKitaun(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2009
debosky:

@ Kit

I agree with you now that there was wisdom in at least trying to sign another goal keeper instead of throwing a 21 year old with only 3 senior games into a CL game. Especially since we had lost our two previous games, we could not afford to lose this one due to the damaging impact on our confidence. That said, I'm sure he's learnt a lot from the experience.

We will have a serious problem if Almunia is out for a long stretch - while Vito is good, he is nowhere near ready to play many games for us as yet. I think he should play all CC games this season (NOT Fabianski) to make sure we get some improvement in him,

I have a few more comments about the game - I personally thought Vermaelen and WG were fully blended - an unrealistic expectation given they have not even played together 10 times. I guess the first few games gave that impression. On closer inspection, they still need to work together to improve their understanding and coordination. Eboue is an ok player, but can never be a first choice RB in our side if Sagna is fit. That said, his goal line clearance and a header back to Vito in the second half were top draw.

True confessions !!! wink cheesy

but seriously Clichy has regressed so badly am beginning to wonder if Taiye Taiwo is not on a higher pedestal now grin and as per Eboue, he just loves to rove forward, but then he still cleans up some deep mess deep in our box like u said, atimes I have seen Sagna bungle such moves embarassed

Gallas and Verm wink in fact I adore that Verminator, business-like and productive, Gallas still gets himself committed unnecessarily atimes but u cant fault the PASSION TO WIN !!!

Eduardo am having my reservations about his game play when he is not posing a threat upfront, he tends to be lackadaisical in our half just as Rosicky was just effing annoying all game long yesternite . . .

FAB4 is there a rule that says the captain of a team must play 90 minutes ? despite all the room he had to operate yesterday he still had a disappointing game . . .haba !

WHEN WOULD FAB4 REALIZE HE NEEDS TO STEP UP HIS GAME AS THE GANG LEADER . . .but do these boys realize they are supposed to be a gang ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

True confessions !!! wink cheesy

but seriously Clichy has regressed so badly am beginning to wonder if Taiye Taiwo is not on a higher pedestal now grin and as per Eboue, he just loves to rove forward, but then he still cleans up some deep mess deep in our box like u said, atimes I have seen Sagna bungle such moves embarassed

Gallas and Verm wink in fact I adore that Verminator, business-like and productive, Gallas still gets himself committed unnecessarily atimes but u cant fault the PASSION TO WIN !!!

Eduardo am having my reservations about his game play when he is not posing a threat upfront, he tends to be lackadaisical in our half just as Rosicky was just effing annoying all game long yesternite . . .

FAB4 is there a rule that says the captain of a team must play 90 minutes ? despite all the room he had to operate yesterday he still had a disappointing game . . .haba !

WHEN WOULD FAB4 REALIZE HE NEEDS TO STEP UP HIS GAME AS THE GANG LEADER . . .but do these boys realize they are supposed to be a gang ? undecided

Olboy apart from Vermaelen, Gallas, Rozzi and maybe Bendtner, the team had a very bad day! ROzzi wasn't too good, but given he's just playing his 3rd game fo 18 months, he was good abeg.

Song started it all, failing to hear Vito's call for the ball. Then Eduardo did his too with an insane attempt at tricks after just TWO MINUTES!!

Fab4 had a stinker too - his passing was very poor till mid second half. I personally don't know what is wrong with Clichy - he seriously needs to get his act together.

One thing we clearly missed y'day was Denilson - yes Song is good at holding, but Denilson is fast enough to cover Clichy many times - just as against City, once Denilson was out Clichy's mistakes became more apparent.

I think Wenger needs to have a hard talk with the boys - focus on the game and play no nonsense footie, at least in your half!! Leave the flicks and tricks to the opposition half and for goodness sake can someone teach Diaby how to defend??

I'm rapidly losing faith in this 4-3-3 thing, but I'll still wait for a few more games before I decide if it should be condemned.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by DrKitaun(m): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
you are losing faith in the 4-3-3 . . . I am losing faith in Wenger  grin  grin

when are we going to return to the days when it was always hard to score against Arsenal regardless of whichever formation we used ?

these days u miss a match and the next question u ask is; HOW MANY HAVE WE CONCEDED SO FAR ?   shocked

God bless Seaman and Lehmann  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
Sad indeed - but I don't think it's the goalie's fault as such, though Almunia HAS had a number of howlers.

The defence is complicated - Gallas and Vermaelen are playing well and this was supposed to be the troublesome area. The fact is that individual errors are costing us badly - Diaby and Almunia against Utd, Clichy against City (multiple) and now Eduardo and Eboue against Liege. Wenger needs to stamp this out fast.

For now I continue resisting the urge to make a knee jerk judgment - I'll wait for a few more games to make a final analysis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.