Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! (64484 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Injury update : Denilson out for 'weeks' with back injury, RVP might return for Wigan, AA23 has a 10% chance to play.

No news on Almunia meaning Vito Mannone will be in goal again. I think Almunia is being 'punished' for some of his bad performances so far and isn't sick or any such thing - that's how Wenger sat Lehmann on the bench when he screwed up a few seasons ago.

Not too confident with this situation, but I hope we still beat Wigan and get our Premier League campaign on track again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by ayusman16(m): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
I don't really blame the goalie being his first real test. Also, didn't think he was really tested. The problem i think is that AW puts so much faith in these lads and overlooks their errors (Maybe becos no competitive substitute for some positions like goalkeeping and Attack). Aluminia is so prone to errors that u will think it is going out of fashion. Well, thank God we won despite not being in form. Lets hope Wenger addresses all these lapses.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by debosky(m): 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Ayus

No competition? If Vito can come on for Almunia, why can't Gibbs come on for Clichy?

Attack is not where the problem lies - we have scored an average of three goals per game this season, so how can attack be the issue?

The key is we are conceding way too many goals and individual gaffes are behind this, not bad defending as a whole. People outside think he overlooks their errors, but as we all know, he will never criticise a player in public - I'm sure he deals with them in his own way in private.

All that said, we do need Fabianski back to at least give us a bit more experienced back up than someone with only 4 senior games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by rasputinn(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
I see some jobless people are still wasting time discussing ex-players,ride on lads,by weekend all these nonsense should probably stop
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
ayusman16:

Aluminia is so prone to errors that u will think it is going out of fashion.
Really? What happens to England call up?

debosky:

No news on Almunia meaning Vito Mannone will be in goal again. I think Almunia is being 'punished' for some of his bad performances so far and isn't sick or any such thing - that's how Wenger sat Lehmann on the bench when he screwed up a few seasons ago.
Thought he is suppose to be england keeper,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by ayusman16(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Debo

My point is, do u think Gibbs can serve as a replace for Clichy with his little experience? Or Bedtner filling the gap left by Adebayor?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
ayusman16:

@Debo
My point is, do u think Gibbs can serve as a replace for Clichy with his little experience? Or Bedtner filling the gap left by Adebayor?
Make una no put that boy anyday DVD(Ji Park) is playing for Man United, otherwise condom will finish for Booth and Superdrug stores that day.
Bartender filling Ade's gap? He scored all his goals last season just like Fab4 played all his football for Arsenal last two seasons.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2009
Assanals always delusional why not Diaby= Vieira, Owusu Abeyie = Henry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 4:18am On Sep 18, 2009
Omo,that mannone guy go finish us o. He is not confident at all
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Assanals always delusional why not Diaby= Vieira, Owusu Abeyie = Henry

where is this donkey coming from?!!!

dipo2much:

Omo,that mannone guy go finish us o. He is not confident at all

Judging from pre-season Szczesny showed a lot more confidence even with less experience than mannone has. Although i wont put any blame on him for the two goals, even though a keeper shouldnt be beaten at his near post like he was, eduardo was to one who suddenly remmebered he was a brazillian. If he's in btw the sticks on saturday, then go on young Vito.!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Gooner2(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2009
There’s so much to talk about this morning and I’m not too sure where to start from. On resounding theme however is the fact that the Arsenal players have spoken out for the first time about Emmanuel Adebayor’s behaviour last weekend. I know I said I wasn’t going to dwell on the issue any longer but what amazes me is the fact that the players themselves seemed more shocked than everyone else at his attitude.

Emmanuel Eboue and Alex Song who Ade named as two of his closest friends at the clubs also expressed disappointment at his actions. Eboue said;

“For me, Adebayor, he didn’t do well, and that is no good for football because you have a lot of young people who watch the game and then, they see that. But I am happy that the FA gave him a three-game ban, I am very, very happy about that. And, because I know him, I think he will think about that and he will take it on. Now, he will try to play his game because that was no good for football. I am very disappointed about it, very disappointed.”

“When he was in our team, we were together, we did everything together and so we don’t know what happened. After that Kolo has come into our dressing room. He said ’sorry’ to everyone and that was very, very nice. If Ade calls me, I’ll speak with him. If he calls me, I say ‘Thank you God’, if he doesn’t call me, that’s his problem. I think about my team.”

Coming from a guy who was consoled by Adebayor after being booed of the pitch against Wigan last year, you have to be surprised. It has also emerged that Adebayor slapped Song in the face during the game! Speaking on this, Song said;

“Once he went to City, it’s true that our relationship was not what it had been before. I called him two or three times, and he didn’t call me back. I’m not going to force him to do it. And I’m not going to have a laugh with him when I see him in the tunnel. Afterwards, on the pitch, he started to kick. He kicked everyone. That’s not normal! He was aggressive.”

“There was a free-kick in their favour and he slapped me. Coming from him – I couldn’t believe it. Nobody doubts what Ade and Kolo have done for Arsenal. To say that the Gunners were not grateful to them, that’s rubbish. “I am surprised – nobody said anything bad about them, not the manager, not the players.”

"I saw Adebayor at the end of the game and I talked to him. Calmly. The best answer for him would’ve been to do nothing. It’d have been more beautiful if he hadn’t expressed his joy at scoring that way. I told him it was a really silly thing to do, really stupid. Yes, he disappointed me because the person I knew was not the person I met again that day.”

What more can I add then? Is it the fact that all Cesc Fabregas had to do was lift his track suit bottom to reveal a nasty gash to his leg from a stamp by you guessed it, Emmanuel Adebayor. He said

“I think this is a red card here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was from Adebayor. I was lucky my foot was in the air when it happened. You know this is football and it can happen. Well… it’s not football but it can happen.”

“All I tried to do when he was at Arsenal was to create opportunities for him to score. So I think I didn’t do too badly for him. I don’t know. It is a bit strange. We don’t think about him any more. He doesn’t play for Arsenal so we just have to concentrate on our game and our players.”

“No, there’s never been another player who left and behaved like this. I have no idea why he did this. We always respected him, you know. It is difficult. He will have his own opinions. You have to ask him that. I don’t really know.”

Simply put. . .nasty and disappointing!

In some other positive news, Cesc Fabregas has backed a newly released Anti-Bullying DVD designed to help schools tackle bullying of children with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.He also released the following statement;

“At Arsenal we believe bullying is unacceptable. That’s why we support this film and we hope the message is clear for young people. Disability should not be a barrier to achieving the things you want.”

We play Wigan tomorrow and by the time the game ends, I’ll still probably be trying to check in at the Airport for my flight back to Lagos. Andrey Arshavin has a better chance of making the squad than I do of watching any part of the encounter with Wigan in Vito Mannone is expected to continue in goal with Robin Van Persie possibily returning. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online yesterday, the boss also confirmed that Denilson would be out for a few weeks with his back problem.

Czech star Tomas Rosicky claims he’s all fired up to win a trophy with Arsenal, he admits we have more creative options with him available saying;

“I am fired up to win a trophy and enjoying being back. Its good that I can be part of this team again. ‘If you are out for so long, like I was, it is very frustrating. But that is behind me already and I am just enjoying the time I am fit.”

‘The boss has another option with me in the creative part of the game and he still has Samir Nasri to come back. Offensively we are very strong and I can help with that. I have to take things step by step. I played an hour for the national team, then 30 minutes at Manchester City and now 70 minutes here. I have to improve in fitness to be back where I was before and I still have a lot of work to do.”

Wigan have never beaten Arsenal, in eight Premier League meetings.with Arsenal claiming 22 points out of a possible 24. Our only loss came against them in 2006 in the semi final of the Carling Cup. The injury situation with Arshavin and Van Persie will greatly affect the composition of the starting line up as if they do play, it would probably be at the expense of Diaby and Eduardo.

I don’t expect Wigan to pose a serious threat to us and with the Gunners playing the free flowing football they know out to play, we should be able to break them down convincingly at home. But then, stranger things have happened in football.

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit. . .

You can follow me on twitter@ www.twitter.com/thegreengooner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2009
Three points lost still have the sour taste in their mouth. Look at Eboue preaching good football and children watching, where was he when WenGay nearly strangled Allan Pardew and Martin Joel on the touch line tongue tongue shocked shocked grin grin. Maybe Children has gone to sleep. They have started using Africa Players again(Eboue and Song).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2009
Presido shattap and gerrout angry tongue

Gooner
i read that . . .heheh i like the fact that the goat is also hurt grin cheesy cheesy
typical African Zinglish grin

They were clapping Kolo but they were shouting personal abuse at me before the match even kicked off."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tayoccu(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2009
mukina

abeg help us post match preview for this week, our mod hasn't never sabi him job. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
presido1:

Three points lost still have the sour taste in their mouth. Look at Eboue preaching good football and children watching, where was he when WenGay nearly strangled Allan Pardew and Martin Joel on the touch line tongue tongue shocked shocked grin grin. Maybe Children has gone to sleep. They have started using Africa Players again(Eboue and Song).
How many time will I correct you that the man's name is Jol and not Joel? grin
Next time, I will cyberknock that your large,moimoi shaped head grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tayoccu(m): 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
no mind the olodo grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
Na true sef, where match preview?

Presido, how far. E be like owo ita no complete yesterday abi. U come relieve stress. No mind fashola jare, all this BRT wey jus dey spoil business for you grin.

For real everybody shld just forget about the pseudo-kanu, e don pass.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
sup ppl?

anything less than 4 nil or a 4 goal margin win for us tmrw is not acceptable by mi . . . .

wld love RVP to get a goal if he starts + DUDU and FAB4. . .the other goal may come from anyone. . .Probably SONG grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
HNIC:

How many time will I correct you that the man's name is Jol and not Joel? grin
Next time, I will cyberknock that your large,moimoi shaped head grin
Sorry Sir i never drink my morning pap with akara when i rush my key board. I will never disappoint you again. Abi u no be good tesha? tongue tongue tongue
slimshay:

Presido, how far. E be like owo ita no complete yesterday abi. U come relieve stress. No mind fashola jare, all this BRT wey jus dey spoil business for you grin.
Oboy u no go believe what happend last nite. After some kparaga i just slept off, na person wake me up this morning. Suffer no good ooh.
mukina2:

Presido shattap and gerrout angry tongue
Bia Muki e be like say u no get respect abi old men no dey your village? I still dey wait the slap u promised me inside bedroom ooh. grin grin grin

@Footie

AA23(battery) and Aluminium are not playing against wigan, WenGAY will soon turn to manager cum keeper cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
They were clapping Kolo but they were shouting personal abuse at me before the match even kicked off."

What do you expect from someone your useless fans were shouting personal abuse at before, during and after the match. You expect him to take the abuse but your fans cant take the celebration. BUNCHA useless IDIOTS

Did Song, Eboue and Fabregas see the tackle on Adebayor by Bendtner and Van Rapist.

Song and Eboue are just jealous of the fact that Adebayor earn times 4 of the wages.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2009
Herr Fuehrer , you come here a week after with your interruptionist mentality to spoil our friday with this your Ade hangover but you seem not to be seeing that Ribery's going to be same thing to you as soon as he grabs the opportunity.
Better enjoy him while he lasts cos Bernabau beckons. Any ways i'm looking forward to this weekend's clash between the Bundesliga champions and their real title rivals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2009
dayokanu:

What do you expect from someone your useless fans were shouting personal abuse at before, during and after the match. You expect him to take the abuse but your fans cant take the celebration. BUNCHA useless IDIOTS

Did Song, Eboue and Fabregas see the tackle on Adebayor by Bendtner and Van Rapist.

Song and Eboue are just jealous of the fact that Adebayor earn times 4 of the wages.
e nefa pain you? grin
every insult in this post goes back to poster thats you cheesy cheesy
Adegoat is hurt ehehehehehe.Adegoat gets to miss matches cheesy
adegoat is an idiot, a thickheaded slowpoke cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tayoccu(m): 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
no mind the bayern monkey
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by edoyad(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
@Mk, if every abuse for thread de go back to porter, Dayo for don change to lonely homosexual Orangoutang for jungle by now grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2009
presido1:

Bia Muki e be like say u no get respect abi old men no dey your village? I still dey wait the slap u promised me inside bedroom ooh. grin grin grin

are you on high on Hemp's bia bia? tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by saworoide: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lawro's Prediction on BBC

Arsenal v Wigan

Arsenal will be buoyed by their success in Europe midweek - they were missing about nine players for that match but they still won. Despite losing at Manchester City last week, they were in control for large parts of the game.

Wigan are still very up and down. They had a much-needed home win last week but Arsenal will have too much for them.

Verdict: 2-0
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by slimshay(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2009
dayokanu:

see dis donkeyanu, you better stop sniffing omo!! grin

edoyad:

@Mk, if every abuse for thread de go back to porter, Dayo for don change to lonely homosexual Orangoutang for jungle by now grin

with the way he is loookin for perverted love up and down sports section are u sure the donkey hasnt mutated to one?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tayoccu(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
make una leave DK nah
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
mukina2:

e nefa pain you? grin
every insult in this post goes back to poster thats you cheesy cheesy
Adegoat is hurt ehehehehehe.Adegoat gets to miss matches cheesy
adegoat is an idiot, a thickheaded slowpoke cheesy

Muki, are you allowed to cuss n fuss like this on a Friday?
Adebayor na person pikin o and a BIG man in Togo.

Ade's mansion in Lome:

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Muki, are you allowed to cuss n fuss like this on a Friday?
me cuss?
they are adegoat's names oh cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2009
mukina2:

me cuss?
they are adegoat's names oh cheesy

Stop calling him names.
He doesn't owe Arsenal a penny.

Ade at 14: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The boy take style resemble you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63