Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Growing Red Corn With Photos - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Growing Red Corn With Photos (27394 Views)

Growing Banana In Nigeria: How To Start The Farming / My Tomato Trial Garden (with Photos) / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by andray12(m): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
u paint d corn red ;Du
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by solpat(m): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice one
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by happney65: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Omolola15 come and start planting corn in ur house...You know wan am saying.. grin
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Femich18(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice one
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by FaithZion2(f): 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please which state are you growing this corn? Never set my eye on red corn be4, it's lovely
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by ronald4lif(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
FaithZion2:
Please which state are you growing this corn? Never set my eye on red corn be4, it's lovely

Oh really? Where do you reside if one may ask?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by GloriaNinja(f): 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
I hope it is sweet, cheap and not poisonous.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Standing5(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Red corn? I can't recall ever seeing one. What is it used for? Corn flakes or custard?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
MANGAM:
Seeds- 15bags of seeds were used
ema lor wa ooh... You planted 15 bags How many bags you wan come harvest oh
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by southpole: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
MANGAM:
Weed ve taken over the farm. Weeding of the weeds will soon start.

Why not use herbicides? the same day you plant the seed you apply herbicides that will stop the weeds from growing on the farm and after one and half month or so you apply the herbicides again that will be all then harvest. about two % of what you will use in manual weeding is enough to buy and apply the herbicides and in addition it saves a lot of time and energy and give better looking crops and high harvest.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by toluxa1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
@MANGAM

15 Bags of Seed? Wow that must be a big farm. What is the size of your farm?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by kwajahafiz(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
hope you harvest before the marauding trigger happy herdsmen and thier bovines descend upon your crop.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by nkemdi89(f): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
MANGAM:
Am creating this thread to share my experience in growing red corn

The farm after ploughing wit a tractor
Good one, this is what rochas okorocha is proposing for all imo civil servants, 3 working days and free 2 days for farming, in fact you need to be introduced to him so that a workshop will organised for the civil servants and you will be invited as a resource person to speak on working and farming.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Am in Abuja
FaithZion2:
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
5 hectare. We planted 15bags of seedlings
toluxa1:
@MANGAM

15 Bags of Seed? Wow that must be a big farm. What is the size of your farm?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
We did exactly. 7days was applied same day after planting. Can't xplain what went wrong
southpole:

Why not use herbicides? the same day you plant the seed you apply herbicides that will stop the weeds from growing on the farm and after one and half month or so you apply the herbicides again that will be all then harvest. about two % of what you will use in manual weeding is enough to buy and apply the herbicides and in addition it saves a lot of time and energy and give better looking crops and high harvest.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by nijanigga: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
farming with sleepers and at the mercy of rain, in 21st century is primitive farming,but my people say, God dey.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by toluxa1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
MANGAM:
Am in Abuja

Which area. I am in Abj too.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by SilvanusII(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
That, sir, is not red corn. That is yellow maize pre-treated with red powdered apron plus. Even I can tell from ur stained hands and bag. Leave the lies. You are planting. That is already worth commending. GEEZ!!!

2 Likes

Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
Am at the Immigration Headquarters along Airport road Abuja
toluxa1:

Which area. I am in Abj too.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by bigcil2(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice one

For farm lands for sale, kindly check my signature. Thanks
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by obstead200(m): 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
SilvanusII:
That, sir, is not red corn. That is yellow maize pre-treated with red powdered apron plus. Even I can tell from ur stained hands and bag. Leave the lies. You are planting. That is already worth commending. GEEZ!!!
I noted this. But I don't want to say it. For the first time in nairaland, I refused to be a kill joy.
The OP shud leave the lies. The fact that he is into agriculture is good enough
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Growing Maize is not easy.

OP your spacing is very wide. If you won't be using herbicides, plant vegetables or legumes in those spaces when the rainy season comes.

1 Like

Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 02, 2016
How do you intend to prevent destruction from The Famous Herdsmen?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by melejo(m): 6:38am On Aug 02, 2016
MANGAM:
Am growing the flint red corn because of it early maturity. We are growing on four plus hectares (16187.426 square metres)
MANGAM please I have a three hectares plus land that I need to put into use. Can you please reply my email for further inquiry. I want to find out weather one can still do late planting of corn by august
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by melejo(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2016
NAIRALADERS can someone help me. I have a 3 hectares plus land in Lagos that I want to put to use before my construction begins next year. I need an advise/guide on the type of crop to plant by this time of the year and how I can access the seed.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by uboma(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2016
MANGAM:
Am at the Immigration Headquarters along Airport road Abuja

Hi.

I am impressed by the size of your land. Where in Abuja is this farm land located? Did you purchase the farm land outrightly or is it on lease?
I am looking for a farm land to lease within the satelight towns of the FCT.
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by okikigsm: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Good work.pls where can I get the seed and at wot price pls?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Pavore9: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2016
melejo:
NAIRALADERS can someone help me. I have a 3 hectares plus land in Lagos that I want to put to use before my construction begins next year. I need an advise/guide on the type of crop to plant by this time of the year and how I can access the seed.

3 hectares plus land in Lagos? Where is it located and do you have an all year round access to water there?
Re: Growing Red Corn With Photos by Greatidonis: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2016
Bros just dey look your back incase fulani herdsmen show. We love your effort.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Begins Onions Cultivation (Photos) / We Can Supply Groundnut In Large Quantity / The Prospect, Price And Peril Of Poultry Industry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.