Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... (26309 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by jossyphobia(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tuham:
According to my loyal dictionary here, Superstitions are belief in magical and similar influences which are usually widely held but wrong idea.
I no wan carry you go far so make i talk am for my Nigerian English. Simply put, Superstitions are things we belief are connected with magical influences. For example;

#1 - People believe if you're going to a particular place and hit your left foot against something, that is a sign of bad omen.

#2 - If you spit your saliva on the ground whether knowingly or unknowingly and later someone step on it, you're going to experience throat problem sooner although not permanently

#3 - If you hear something like a sound in your ear, na in be say someone don dey talk about your matter for somewhere
Now My thought is; I don't believe in No #1 and as an average science student, i do not believe in No #3 also. But that of Number #2 is causing confusion cos it seems it had once happened to me.
I even wan put No #2 for experimentation to confirm am but i dey fear for my innocent throat.
You guys can add the superstitions you knew also likewise your opinion on the one i mentioned here and yours.
HAPPY WEEKEND!
Weldon bro the #2 its just persistent spiting of saliva cause the throat ache. superstition is not real but a guild for conductive living.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by OgundeleT(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Let me give you a little insight about Schrodinger's equation.

The equation states, correctly, that the subatomic particles that makes up everything can exist in more than one place at the same time. Experiments show this is true. So scientists argue that since subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything, then what they built up can exist in the same way.

The saliva you spitted out of your mouth is therefore still connected to you in the subatomic state. If it comes into contact with a disease, quantum mechanics prove that disease can affect you.

Also consider telepathy. When you hear a little voice it means someone far away is talking behind your back. This also is true. How does your GSM work? Or let us use a simple wireless microphone as an instance.

Our voices (and thoughts) radiate and flow into the atmosphere at 670 million miles per hour. So when you speak, it takes a second for your voice to reach as far as the moon and it continues to travel forever in all directions of the universe. The path the voice follows is electromagnetic waves. So if I have a magnet, it can attract your voice in real time and you can hear it loud through amplifiers. That's how microphones work and interestingly your GSM.

When you make a phone call to someone in USA, it's not the phone that took your voice there. Your voice is already radiating through the universe. The phone simply sifts the voice out of trillion others because you and the person you are talking to are on the same frequency.

I took time to explain this to you because that's how television works too. And shockingly, it's what our brains pick when we sleep which we know as dreams. People we call prophets and miracle workers just have the privilege of higher brain frequencies. When Einstein died, it was discovered that his brain was different. It's still in a jar at Princeton University.

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth.
wow! you are a genius

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by DumDum13656: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
czarr:
really?....Cos of that up there?
Chinedu I'm disappointed undecided

chinedu
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by JSoE(f): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

The equation states, correctly, that the subatomic particles that makes up everything can exist in more than one place at the same time. Experiments show this is true. So scientists argue that since subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything, then what they built up can exist in the same way.

The saliva you spitted out of your mouth is therefore still connected to you in the subatomic state. If it comes into contact with a disease, quantum mechanics prove that disease can affect you.

Also consider telepathy. When you hear a little voice it means someone far away is talking behind your back. This also is true. How does your GSM work? Or let us use a simple wireless microphone as an instance.

Our voices (and thoughts) radiate and flow into the atmosphere at 670 million miles per hour. So when you speak, it takes a second for your voice to reach as far as the moon and it continues to travel forever in all directions of the universe. The path the voice follows is electromagnetic waves. So if I have a magnet, it can attract your voice in real time and you can hear it loud through amplifiers. That's how microphones work and interestingly your GSM.

When you make a phone call to someone in USA, it's not the phone that took your voice there. Your voice is already radiating through the universe. The phone simply sifts the voice out of trillion others because you and the person you are talking to are on the same frequency.

I took time to explain this to you because that's how television works too. And shockingly, it's what our brains pick when we sleep which we know as dreams. People we call prophets and miracle workers just have the privilege of higher brain frequencies. When Einstein died, it was discovered that his brain was different. It's still in a jar at Princeton University.

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth.

Wow.Just wow.Would you believe I had a lesson on Schrödinger's equation in first year but not very elaborate obviously because the lecturer is a Christian? As an African mind,I didn't think of going back to make a research on it.I'd have to start taking things seriously,I guess.
Dude,I put it to you.You're a smart one.Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
sassiemyk:
Superstition is nothing but pure insanity. @GloryIsaac, no matter how yhu try to prove unprovable things, science is science and God is God. superstition is just a concocted ideology of the confused, by the confused and for the confused. No such thing exists.

Pele bros, d fact that u read no meaning to it doesnt mean it doesnt happe, it means u dont believe its existence.
As a person, wheneva i'm walking and my foot hits a stone i know d next thing happenin is either +ve or -ve dependin on d leg concerned lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

May I be your friend ?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by isinno: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

. You must be a Genius ~ Infact you are

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Diamondvera(f): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Wow! now i'm really curious
Dey there dey deceive yourself, dey speak Oyinbo join. If you like believe in God, if you still don't like, don't believe.. He doesn't need people like you to ascertain His existence, He already does. So, I will encourage you to stay cool in your DARKNESS.. Sorry, this wasn't meant for you

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Anabel(f): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cc: oglalasioux

Please keep your brain healthy. I don't know a quatre of what you analysed.. thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Diamondvera(f): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=oglalasioux post=47812538]

Without messing with your belief, I must tell you that 90% of what religion do which we term miracles is actually solid science. The white people know but they won't just blow it up yet and expose religion because the existence of the state of Israel hinges on the belief that a being somewhere is controlling the universe. The contrary is the truth. Dey there dey deceive yourself, dey speak Oyinbo join. If you like believe in God, if you still don't like, don't believe.. He doesn't need people like you to ascertain His existence, He already does. So, I will encourage you to stay cool in your DARKNESS

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by ehikwe22: 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
rexhafiz:

Someone's truth is another man's fiction. Is the world now "scientifically" proven to be 5000 years old or has mankind being "scientifically" proven to be from Adam and Eve from a rib bone? I had to ask because I read "scientifically".
I'm not going to argue with you. you're a science student I believe. Make a research on science and the Bible. you don't expect science and the Bible to be 100% .
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by MistadeRegal(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
If you don't believe in superstition, then you're half dead half alive. That's all I'd say.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Dantee005(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
OP... Believe u me there somethings science cannot explain today tomorrow and forever...
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by neocortex: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
ehikwe22:
What exactly is the joke? don't be vague in your comment.
The bolded was the joke.
Recheck my comment.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Dantee005(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
To those peepz talking science and quantum physics., charles Darwin and co... Who then created u...? Ok u would saying man evolved from monkeys... THEN WHO THE HELL CREATED THE BLOODY MONKEYS..?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by ehikwe22: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
neocortex:

The bolded was the joke.
Recheck my comment.
You expect me to start scrolling back searching for your message? lol
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by oglalasioux(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
yussuf739:
how i wish you explain that part of dream more than u did

When I was growing up, there was only one tv in my village. We trek nearly 5 kilometers every night, to and fro, to watch a drama titled Mazi Mperempe and Zebrudaya. Throughout my childhood I've always wondered how what is being transmitted from far away Enugu can get to my village and we watch it on tv. When I came into contact with physics I decided to dig deep and came up with electromagnetism. But how can a tv, several kilometers away, with no wires pick up the tv broadcast? I realized that the tv transmitter in Enugu beams their broadcast into the atmosphere. Anyone, anywhere in the universe can get this signal depending on the light year distance between the transmitter and the receiver.

Brains are the greatest transmitters and receivers in nature. The thoughts and feelings of our dead relatives still radiate through the universe. The brain can still pick these signals and that's why we dream about our dead relatives. The brain can pick the thoughts of your enemies and if your brain is powerful enough, it picks them and you see them as dreams. Other people near you with powerful receptive brains can pick these signals and you brand them prophets. Certain chemicals such as cocaine can also make your brain more active and receive signals.

Dreams are nothing but electromagnetic radiation in process.

10 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by ehikwe22: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
neocortex:

The bolded was the joke.
Recheck my comment.
You expect me to start scrolling back searching for your message? lol.
BTW, I didn't see any bolded thing.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Princewell2012(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ibnltd33:
Everyman is a spirit being,. Whenever my left palm scratch me, I will get money in few days

My brother some people don't know anything. Weather they believed or not does not make any different to me.

You see when ever am going anywhere, mostly on a visit and if i eventually hit my left leg on something, i will definitely met him absent. This i have tried time without number but if i hit my right leg mistakenly on something i must surely meet that person at home. You see i use that word must. Am hundred percent sure of what am saying.

So pls what can we call this now
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Incredible nonsensical ignorance, highly pretentious bowl of crock and I mean this not to deride or insult you...it's nice to see a Nigerian interested in these sorts of things, but your knowledge is quite elementary and besides it stems from an established premise I.e. I sense an already established animosity towards God and the state of Israel, hence anything you espouse is tinged with bias, you will not make a good scientist.
Concerning the issue itself I'm unable to say much here, none of these scientific theories you've espoused have been established; string theory and and Schroeding's hypothesis remain in the sci-fi realm...even quantum mechanics is just being understood.
It is the glory of God to hide a matter and it's the glory of kings to search it out...because you've discovered basic scientific principles in no way invalidates the idea of God...in fact the opposite is true, the fact that some kind of order exists in what we would otherwise have considered random acts of nature indeed points to the fact of design...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by yussuf739: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Princewell2012(m): 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Extra sensory perception.

Our brains, which is actually the engine house of the mind, is actually an electromagnetic device. If for instance someone is thinking ill of you, that thought flows through the universe. When you sleep, for instance, your brain can pick these thoughts if nature created you with a high frequency brain. Just like your wireless TV can pick images from your neighbour's DSTV if it has strong reception antenna. Premonition works that way. Nature made us different. Some have high frequency brains while some doesn't. Those that have are the so called prophets of religions.

Alright, what about one hitting his or her legs on something. Which i have experienced several times, so what do you say to that? Thank you.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Christeety: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]I remember back then in my boarding school, (Mayflower school ikenne)
When me and my friends hear that one MRS KOI KOI is cominq (they said she's looking for her 2nd shoe.

We would start praying like[/size]

O Lord pls let her visit another school.

And na me dey sleep near the Main entrance grin

Lol. I remember Naked Man during night prep and the monkey scare. Gosh!!! I almost passed out. Everybody slept in three or four(s) on one bed. A great school indeed... I had my best memories in that school.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Dang... That Schrödinger ish is Classic.. Superstition holds sway in Africa though ..

The Dream part gets to me sha.. People actually think dreams are supernatural moments.. Methinks Dreams are all about the Interpretation of our Brain functions during sleep.. We create cities, cars, people, conversations, actions and sometimes, we experience the dream-inside-a-dream moment...

Einstein is another being entirely.. His works are pure class and I hold his findings in high regards...

Thanks for the piece you wrote brother.. Now, I gotta read more on this...

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by LOVEGINO(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

pregnant women wey dey spit anyhow, their throat suppose don bust na.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by bayulll01(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

There's a God. The universe is not an accident. But religions don't know this God. They are interested in manipulating the forces of the universe to satisfy their whims. Then they create a god of their choice and write a book to justify their atrocities.

In my opinion, the power behind the universe is so powerful and verse that earth man can never know what it is; not even in the next million years. And that power never interferes with what happens to any part of the universe since they are already laws governing it; the laws of nature, a.k.a, laws of physics.
The only hope for mankind is understanding that nature didn't create us equal. Religion teaches otherwise.
now this is where i will like tn prove you wrong, why do you think nature did not want manking equal, and if true who will be superior to who?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
jossyphobia:
Weldon bro the #2 its just persistent spiting of saliva cause the throat ache. superstition is not real but a guild for conductive living.
I agree it a guide for good conduct of living but why does it seems connected to magical influences?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by stanleyalpacino(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

Bros abeg u too much.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
andreawills96:
. If u urinate u must pour spit on it or ur private part won't fuction again, 2. If you pass d centre of 2 people dir blood will enter into you. 3. If. You are an ogbanje you don't cross a cloth lining
hahahahaaa!
Call someone and make i try No 2.
Please, which planet are you from?
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Weah96: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Diamondvera:
Dey there dey deceive yourself, dey speak Oyinbo join. If you like believe in God, if you still don't like, don't believe.. He doesn't need people like you to ascertain His existence, He already does. So, I will encourage you to stay cool in your DARKNESS.. Sorry, this wasn't meant for you

I love ignorant women like you. Please don't allow my honesty to bother you. But after reading your comment, I feel like fornicating with you (in my Mike Tyson voice).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by mrphysics(m): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
JSoE:

Wow.Just wow.Would you believe I had a lesson on Schrödinger's equation in first year but not very elaborate obviously because the lecturer is a Christian? As an African mind,I didn't think of going back to make a research on it.I'd have to start taking things seriously,I guess.
Dude,I put it to you.You're a smart one.Keep it up.
Anyone teaching u Schrodingers equation in first yr and expect u to understand t is insane. Infact it is insane to teach u S.E equation in first year.

Am just trying to relate what the Person u quoted with S.E. the truth is that he is just using S.E to explain it. in reality we do not see S.E talk about things like what op said. simple and short.
Re: Do You Believe In Superstitions? Like These Ones... by Oahray: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

funny how you've taken Schrödinger's highly redundant equation to be rock-solid scientific law. Then you apply it in a way that shows you don't understand it at all (well, neither do I). It's a speculative hypothesis that doesn't tell us anything different from what Heisenberg said in his Uncertainty Principle, a philosophical jargon dressed up as science just like related theories like multiverses (which you are subtly implying). Every particle exists in many places as a wave but contracts to a position when about to be observed and then collapses back after after observation? You seriously believe that? Yeah, a white scientist said so, so it must be true.

Then the cat Paradox... Both dead and alive in different realities until observation. In other words, nothing happens unless it's being observed. It's like someone telling you that a falling tree both makes noise and yet makes no sound (at the same time) if there is no one to hear it.

Your write-sounds smart at first glance, but then it's just another blind leap of faith. Interesting to see someone in this clime with a passion for science-based theories though.

PS: Your last point about white people choosing not to expose religion is nonsense. There are still white scientists who believe in God. Stop worshipping the white man like he is the keeper of some sacred secret.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele / No Black Man Will Go To Heaven - Prophet Agya Dan (Video) / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.