Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,953 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy (666 Views)

All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm / Signs You’re About To Get Fired & What To Do About It / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy by betapikin: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2016
We all know that Nigeria Economy is in bad shape as at this moment, the 70% declines in oil prices from $116 per barrel in June 2014 to about $30 per baarrel earlier this year and also the recent outrageous bombing in oil rigs area are some factors that could said to be pulling down the economy.
A lot of companies are closing down due to inabilities to survive in this hard time.Those that did not shut down are sacking thier workers en mases. We all still remember how Federal Government tried to stopped Commercial bank from sacking their workers. undecided
Recently Federal Government declare that if the present situation of Economy persist they might not be able to pay salaries of its workers with effect from October this year. lipsrsealed
Getting sacked in these present situation of our economy will be a disaster even to our enemy, I have take my time to pen down some points that i know it can help us to keep our jobs even if others are getting sacked. tongue

1. BE INDISPENSABLE AT YOUR WORK PLACE wink
The rules of a game is to do what other cant do in other to win a competition, make sure the position you are handling in your organisation is a strategic position and you are indispensable. so how can you be indespensable in your work place.
a. Take proffessional exams e.g ICAN, ACCA etc
b. Handle difficult position in your department e.g Taxation in accounting dept

2.CUT COST FOR YOUR EMPLOYER
These are some area you can actually gain the trust of your employer. The dwindling economy that we find ourself in has effect on every aspect of our organisation from running cost down to admin expenses. So by helping your company cut cost you are contributing in your own ways to keep the company in operation.

3. AVOID IT IS NOT MY JOB SYNDROME
These phrase is commonly use among workers and it cut across all sectors of organisation. Infact,the rate at which this word is been use among workers in Government parastatals is alarming. A friend of mine share his ordeal with me in one of FIRS office at lekki, He went there to complain about why their company Tax clearance certificate is not ready despite submitting application three months ago and the process of Tcc is not suppose to pass two weeks before objection letter will be sent to tax payer.
The response he got from the tax officer that is handling the file is that the their file has not gotten to his table and it is not his duty to start looking for a file.(despite been the one in charge the file)

4. AVOID LATENESS
Coming late to work is a bad habit and all Organisation rules frown against it angry. A lot of people have lose their jobs, contracts due lateness and this are some excuses employers are looking for in other to back up the reason for sacking you.

5. PUNCTUALITY
Always try your possible best to be punctual at work, lets try and stop all this incessant absentism. the number of days you absent from work is been recorded in your file and this might stand as the only reason why your name will be among the list of people to be retrenshed.

6. BE POLITE TO RUDE AND STURBORN CUSTOMERS
It has always been said that customers is always right. so lets try all our possible best to be polite in engaging a sturborn and rude customers and in doing this it will actually bring out the proffessinalism in us.

Source...http://balotion..com.ng/2016/07/things-to-be-done-not-to-get-fired-in.html
visit for more info

Re: Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy by betapikin: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2016
Re: Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy by wroskian(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
betapikin:

1. BE INDISPENSABLE AT YOUR WORK PLACE wink

2.CUT COST FOR YOUR EMPLOYER

3. AVOID IT IS NOT MY JOB SYNDROME

4. AVOID LATENESS

5. PUNCTUALITY

6. BE POLITE TO RUDE AND STURBORN CUSTOMERS

But, what if your employer still treats you like a piece of poo and fails to pay you for 4 months, even after doing all these?
Will sacking your employer be the best decision to take? What would you do in this kind of situation?
Re: Things To Be Done Not To Get Fired In This Kind Of Economy by betapikin: 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
wroskian:

But, what if your employer still treats you like a piece of poo and fails to pay you for 4 months, even after doing all these?
Will sacking your employer be the best decision to take? What would you do in this kind of situation?

Well my brother I guess you have to follow your heart ooo

Lalasticlala pls do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Screening Date For Nigerian Airforce Trademen/non Trade 2017 / Shortage Of Data Analysts/data Scientists In N.italy - Telecommuting / Plight Of A Fresh Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.