Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word (63177 Views)

Secret Sins & Consequences / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by chuose: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Good one OP!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by puresaint12(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2016
Negodu.5000 religions and over a million Gods...but you are so obsessed with only the christian God.why? Who is deceiving who?
Afrokan:

Do you know, there are over 5000 religions and over a million Gods. YOur god is just one of them
So, i dare your God to strike me down with thunder and banish my soul into hell, if he cant do this small thing, then he should forever remain silent for he is impotent and powerless

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Have i asked you or anyone here to abandone their ridiculous religion ?.
Its kind of fun to insult your impotent jesus, Allah and the rest , and read your replies. I do it in my spare time grin
You know its ya hobby..You dont Believe, then continue not to Believe.. lol

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Only God will help and save us.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by echodrum(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
In our day and age, I have noticed,
and please correct me if I am wrong,
that some people including
Christians do not take God's
commands or doctrines very
seriously. Some people think that
when the new covenant, the
covenant of grace, came into effect,
God stopped caring about doctrine.
Some feel that doctrine is
insignificant in the new covenant,
only serving and loving God's people
are what's important today.

Brethren, I am a firm believer that
serving and loving God's people are
important. However, obeying God's
commands and doctrines are very
important as well. In fact, not only
are we going to be judged on our
service to others, but we will also be
judged on how faithful we are in
following the Word of God.

“As for the person who hears my
.words but does not keep them, I do
not judge him. For I did not come to
judge the world, but to save it.
There is a judge for the one who
rejects me and does not accept my
words; that very word which I spoke
will condemn him at the last
day" (Jn. 12:47, 48)....

We will be judged on how faithful we
are in following the Words of the
Lord...,,.
As you can tell, I am very
concerned with the laid back attitude
that some people have concerning
the doctrines and commandments of
God. Furthermore, I am also very
concerned how some people are
distorting the Scriptures to justify
their own desired beliefs. Some
people, instead of excepting and
obeying God's specific teaching on a
subject, manipulate or distort God's
Word to support their own human
views. The Bible on many occasions
warns us not to distort truth.

My friends, we need to see that it
is a very serious thing to distort
God's Word.

(1) According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who
distort the Word of God will be
eternally condemned.

(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ),
people who distort the Word of God
will bring upon themselves
destruction.

(3) We must never intentionally distort
the Word of God to satisfy our
human and worldly beliefs. If we do,
we are jeopardizing our souls.

(4) If we distort or disobey a
commandment of God, we commit
sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as
well as I know that sin is a very
serious offense.

(5) When God gives us a command,
we need to do our very best to
follow it. We need to start taking
God's commands more seriously. In
the Bible, when people disobeyed
God's instructions, they were
punished.

a.Just because Adam & Eve ate from
the tree of the knowledge of good
and evil, which God told them not to,
death came to all people ( Gen. 3 ).

b. Just because Moses struck the rock
instead of speaking to it like God
told him too, he was not allowed to
enter the Promised Land ( Num.
20:8-12 ).

c. Just because Nadab & Abihu
offered an unauthorized fire while
worshipping God, fire came down
from the presence of the Lord and
consumed them ( Lev. 10:1, 2 ).

d. Just because Ananias & Sapphira
lied to the Holy Spirit and held back
some money from a land deal, they
both fell down and died ( Acts 5 ).

My dear brothers and sisters, we
must start taking the commandments
of God more seriously. Although we
are living in new covenant of grace,
we still must obey the Lord. We
must revere the word's of our
creator. We must obey the
commands that even seem
insignificant to us. I realize that
none of us are perfect, and on
occasions, we will make mistakes.
But we must do every thing we can
to faithfully obey the commands of
God and not distort His Word.

"remember the sabbath day to keep it holly". what is going to happen to all Sunday church goers?
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2016
puresaint12:
Negodu.5000 religions and over a million Gods...but you are so obsessed with only the christian God.why? Who is deceiving who?
Lol, This is a post of the mad jew called jesus,
When i see a podt about the pedophile called Muhammed, i would play there too.
Its funy reading comments of religious people when you insult their God.
Its kinda fun

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Ranchhoddas: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

We both live in Africa, where Poverty, Disease and Suffering is the norm, We should both pity each other.
Hilarious

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 11:50am On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
You know its ya hobby..You dont Believe, then continue not to Believe.. lol
Its very funny jawe, its just like if i tell you Spiderman would destroy you for not believing he is real. Wont you be amused?
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 11:52am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Its very funny jawe, its just like if i tell you Spiderman would destroy you for not believing he is real. Wont you be amused?
Ok, tell me why you dont Believe in Christian God?
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by freecocoa(f): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2016
Rubbish.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
Ok, tell me why you dont Believe in Christian God?
Do you believe in spiderman?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Do you believe in spiderman?
There's a scientific proof that Jesus walked this earth.. Just sit down and reason... The Bible was written by 40 different people (inspired by the Holy Spirit) without being in contact with each other.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by mmsen: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2016
oshinadekunle:
God word never changes, I honor my word Dan my name. so if u wish to turn away from God word saying dis time of grace continues God rewards is with him to judge according.

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

The Bible sanctions genocide, rape and slavery which are widely seen as immoral by most right thinking people.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by ChristianGrey: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Merciful and Slow to anger? I dont think the innocent first born sons of the Egyptians would agree with you or the countless of people murdered on the orders of your god.
Your God is dead and powerless.
You can go on an on, you should also include how he wiped out the people in Noah's time using the great flood. But don't forget he felt regret over that and promised never to do such again.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by RexKexMilann: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Do you know, there are over 5000 religions and over a million Gods. YOur god is just one of them
So, i dare your God to strike me down with thunder and banish my soul into hell, if he cant do this small thing, then he should forever remain silent for he is impotent and powerless
Bro, Your sins are forgive you for His name sake (Even this very one). Turn to him now and be saved

It may seem now that we Christians are the foolish ones Because it is apparently clear who the ruler of this world is. But please bro, be saved and become "foolish" with us, I tell you that there is no other way than Jesus, No other truth than Jesus, No other life aside the life that Jesus Gives.

You may not be able to understand all these because it may seem like a mystery: The mystery of Godlessness and the mystery of Godliness. But only the Holy Spirit can reveal all these to you when you submit Wholely to God.

God Bless You.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
There's a scientific proof that Jesus walked this earth.. Just sit down and reason... The Bible was written by 40 different people (inspired by the Holy Spirit) without being in contact with each other.
Same with the Quran , same with the Buhist book and all other religious books.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
ChristianGrey:
You can go on an on, you should also include how he wiped out the people in Noah's time using the great flood. But don't forget he felt regret over that and promised never to do such again.
Wow, Your god felt regret? And promised not to do it again?
Your own god is weak and doesn't deserved worship,i would recommend you look for another god to worship [i][/i]

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
mmsen:

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

The Bible sanctions genocide, rape and slavery which are widely seen as immoral by most right thinking people.
Try and read Bible and understand instead of picking out Scriptures... Reason why God made a new convenant (JESUS) with His people because He found fault with the old convenant.. Read your Bible and stop reading NOVELS up and down..

Hebrew 8:6 -
But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent
ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a
better covenant, which has been enacted through
better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had
been faultless, there would have been no need to look
for a second one.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Bro, Your sins are forgive you for His name sake (Even this very one). Turn to him now and be saved

It may seem now that we Christians are the foolish ones Because it is apparently clear who the ruler of this world is. But please bro, be saved and become "foolish" with us, I tell you that there is no other way than Jesus, No other truth than Jesus, No other life aside the life that Jesus Gives.

You may not be able to understand all these because it may seem like a mystery: The mystery of Godlessness and the mystery of Godliness. But only the Holy Spirit can reveal all these to you when you submit Wholely to God.

God Bless You.
I believe your jesus is a mad jew who ranted about being the son of God.
But if a need repentance, i would turn to Zeus, the god of thunder and lighting

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Oketoks(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nice write-up but as for me, even if i try from now till the second coming of Christ, the works of my hand will only take me to eternal doom. I can only make heaven by the Grace & Righteousness of God.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by DominoK(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:
Ridiculous
When shall men break free of the shackles of slavery brought upon by a mad jew who called himself the son of God ?
until you know the secret and the mistery behind this Name called the son of God; you will never who HE's. HE's the true son of God,the lord would visit you for this statement IN JESUS NAME "AMEN"

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

You can't compare the BIBLE with other books...

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now tongue
Afrokan:

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
DominoK:
until you know the secret and the mistery behind this Name called the son of God; you will never who HE's. HE's the true son of God,the lord would visit you for this statement IN JESUS NAME "AMEN"
A whole son of God crying like a baby on the cross asking God why he as forsaken him? Really? You want me to believe in that mad jew?
Na... I rather believe in Zeus

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now :PYou can't compare the BIBLE with other books...

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now
Lol, i doubt if the jews ir muslims would agree with you on that because their respective books have sold billions of copies

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Bubu4Sea: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:
Ridiculous
When shall men break free of the shackles of slavery brought upon by a mad jew who called himself the son of God ?

If na Christian Insult Mohammed no be ban dem go get?

Well Jesus did good.

Unlike that pedophile that married a 6yr old baby from mecca that gave the world jihad.

he is the origin of terrorism.

And all his followers are terrorists.

Just like the so called Fulani Herdsmen that are actually Boko Haram.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Lol, i doubt if the jews ir muslims would agree with you on that because their respective books have sold billions of copies
Even science proofed it.. #lol

Its Even in the guinness world records
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by theEYe21(f): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
I am human! I'm not God so God understands me and understand I make mistakes. His love is unconditional no matter what choices I make, whether good or bad, because I'm part of his creation, and everything God created is good. cheesy
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
ChristianGrey:
If God is yet to strike down Satan the Devil...who are you? My God is merciful and slow to anger, he'll deliver justice at his own due time. Be patient.
abeq mah hear word jhoor.
na so e merciful reach wey dem dey kill that kano woman and dat kubwa woman wey e no do anything. merciful indeed.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by RexKexMilann: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

I believe your jesus is a mad jew who ranted about being the son of God.
But if a need repentance, i would turn to Zeus, the god of thunder and lighting
Yea, to you He was "Mad", Even the Devil would have said the same. You know why? The Gospel was never "programmed" to make sense to the "unbeliever". But to the believer, it is a fragrance that gives life.

So bro, Zeus can never help you, No gods will. They were " programmed" to destroy you. Even after that destruction, God will still pick you up and restructure you. Ask apostle paulsmiley.

May your current experiences help you understand.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
You are a lost sheep.. You think i Believe in God cos my parents, church told me to, nope.. I Believe in HIM cos i av experienced how awesome He is.. wake up and try to see the truth.
u can perhaps tell us how awesome he is here
truth is if ur parent had raised u outside Christianity, chances rr you won't even look at Christianity as religion. so stop deceiving yourself by sayin not coz urparents are Christian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / Pastor Caught Tearing And Burning The Quran In Kogi (Photos) / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.