Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? (1861 Views)

What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
When God made Adam and Eve he said they could eat anything except from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It sounds like that tree grants the knowledge, so before they ate they didn't know good from bad.

If a young child takes something that is not his, we don't say he sinned, right? Because he didn't know better. Or is that wrong and we do say he sinned?

Yes they disobeyed God but why should they know that's bad? I want to understand why they (and everybody after them) were punished for this. if they did know that what they were doing was bad, how did they know, or if they didn't know, then what makes it a sin?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Sebastine1994(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
My friend you are taking this bible fairy tale personal. Why would a GOD Who is supreme leave a tree he knows is dangerous for his kids. How will you drop a bucket of hot water and ask you 3months old kid not to go near it. See it doesn't add up.

2 Likes

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Well Maybe he could have as well informed them about Satan coming around to deceive them. Could this be a set up for failure?

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by randomperson: 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Guys... It's just one of the many illogical things about bible stories... U shouldn't be surprised, all fairy tales have such

2 Likes

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by mumumugu(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
dont blame god. Blame bible writers

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Solowande(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Read ur bible very well u get get ur answer. If ur papa tell u say bembem nor eat dis food the day u eat am u go die, u con go eat d food, wetin go happen to u?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by HCpaul(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bembem1:
When God made Adam and Eve he said they could eat anything except from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It sounds like that tree grants the knowledge, so before they ate they didn't know good from bad.

If a young child takes something that is not his, we don't say he sinned, right? Because he didn't know better. Or is that wrong and we do say he sinned?

Yes they disobeyed God but why should they know that's bad? I want to understand why they (and everybody after them) were punished for this. if they did know that what they were doing was bad, how did they know, or if they didn't know, then what makes it a sin?

Hmm.....

I think it's because God works in wondrous ways.

And he do as he pleases him.

In reality, there wasn't a time when man was without the knowledge of good and bad.

And if you think that I am wrong, why was Eve questioning Satan when she was convinced to eat the fruit?

Or have you try giving baby's biscuit and he/she starts questioning you that the biscuit has been poisoned??

If he/she does that, then it obviously vindicates that the baby is already aware of the knowledge behind good and bad.

Beside that, why should a law be given to two folks that doesn't even know the difference between good and bad?? What if they taught that the law was not OK enough for them and as a result declined it? At least, they are ignorant of the knowledge behind it as they didn't know the difference between the notion on which their decision/choice rest upon (whether good or bad).

Hence, their decisions toggles and even when God gave them the law, it was mere an illusion to them.

God should instead starts punishing them for sins they commit after eating the fruit and not before eating because when they ate it, they did it ignorantly which is independent of god inverted moral standard (righteousness).

They ate the fruit without the knowledge which shouldn't attract any penalty or should instead reverse an already constituted one.

We morally evolved into existence and life forms, and the conscience of the notion behind ethical conducts has been in our trait right from our embryonic stage.

The law given in the garden of eden is mere an illusion.

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by randomperson: 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
HCpaul:

[i]Hmm.....

I think it's because God works in wondrous ways.

And he do as he pleases him.

In reality, there wasn't a time when man was without the knowledge of good and bad.

And if you think that I am wrong, why was Eve questioning Satan when she was convinced to eat the fruit?

Or have you try giving baby's biscuit and he/she starts questioning you that the biscuit has been poisoned??

If he/she does that, then it obviously vindicates that the baby is already aware of the knowledge behind good and bad.

Beside that, why should a law be given to two folks that doesn't even know the difference between good and bad?? What if they taught that the law was not OK enough for them and as a result declined it? At least, they are ignorant of the knowledge behind it as they didn't know the difference between the notion on which their decision/choice rest upon (whether good or bad).

Hence, their decisions toggles and even when God gave them the law, it was mere an illusion to them.

We morally evolved into existence and life forms, and the conscience of the notion behind ethical conducts has been in our trait right from our embryonic stage.

The law given in the garden of eden is mere an illusion.
[/I]
So god was lying when he said the tree would give knowledge of good and evil
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by orisa37: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
God specifically told them not to Disobey HIM. They disobeyed and failed God.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
They did not follow simple instruction.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by HCpaul(m): 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Anybody can lie if the avenue is created. The Biblical writers creates enough avenue for god to lie and god made maximum use of it. The Bible is a platform of lies.
If you wanna know how to be a professional liar, I can recommend the Bible.

When did Eve started questioning the sapient?? Is it before eating the fruit or After eating it??

When also did Adam started questioning Eve?? Before or After??

Please I need a sincere answer cuz am actually driving at something.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by randomperson: 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
HCpaul:

When did Eve started questioning the sapient?? Is it before eating the fruit or After eating it??

When also did Adam started questioning Eve?? Before or After??

Please I need a sincere answer cuz am actually driving at something.

Questioning the serpent?? I don't get u but I know that eating the fruit was evil. So how was she able to arrive at that decision without the knowledge of good and evil
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by mrZENographer: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Knowing wether it is good or evil is not the issue. The issue to be addressed is tht they

1) Did not believe God that they would die.

2) Knew they should/must obey God.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by HCpaul(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
randomperson:

Questioning the serpent?? I don't get u but I know that eating the fruit was evil. So how was she able to arrive at that decision without the knowledge of good and evil

Are you still asking me How?? Maybe you should open your Bible and reread the whole passage again.

The story is just a folklore and shouldn't be taken serious.

Like I said, the knowledge has been in man's trait right from the embryonic stage of their evolutionary state and not just that a tangy fruit encoded their brain morally.

You can go ahead if you believe the whole bullshit anyway. Am just bold and courageous enough to decline it. Maybe you ain't bold enough to

Adios amigo

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Johntitus: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
HCpaul:

Are you still asking me How?? Maybe you should open your Bible and reread the whole passage again.

The story is just a folklore and shouldn't be taken serious.

Like I said, the knowledge has been in man's trait right from the embryonic stage of their evolutionary state and not just that a tangy fruit encoded their brain morally.

You can go ahead if you believe the whole bullshit anyway. Am just bold and courageous enough to decline it. Maybe you ain't bold enough to

Adios amigo
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. Hush big bro, the bible ain't no folklore.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by GoodMuyis(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bembem1:

Have You ever being beating by a Teacher? If Yes what did you do
OR
Have You ever being ban on NL ? If Yes what did you do
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by HCpaul(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
Johntitus:
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. Hush big bro, the bible ain't no folklore.

Lol.....

Just a religious way of saying that I think before writing (speaking) which is normal and highly recommended.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by felixomor: 12:13am On Jan 04, 2017
@the Op,
U jumped the place where God spoke to Adam and Eve about the consequences of what they do.

Please always study a whole book of the bible at minimum before Posting questions.
So u wont look like a 13 year old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by omtaye(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
If there's is a car accident due to the violation of the law given concerning the speed limit, can the person or anyone sue the manufacturer to the court? NO! Same thing is applicable here. God can not be accused or judged or blamed by any creature due to any mistake or disobedience, because God is perfect... God had warned them before hand not to eat out of a particular tree and if they did eat it, they shall die. This is a direct command by The Sovereign GOD Who knows all things, but because man was created with the ability to choose, and in this case the knowledge had been passed to them that the tree is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Since they've not known any evil before, they were deceived by the serpent. But mind you, consciously, she told the serpent vividly what God had commanded them not to do, to confirm that she had the right knowledge of the tree and the consequence of eating it, but she chose to obey the voice of the serpent in (Genesis 3:2-6----
KJV:Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

KJV:And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

KJV:But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

KJV:And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

KJV:For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

KJV:And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

)

neglecting the God who has been visiting and caring for them and decided to follow the serpent, probably, that might be the first time they would had a conversation together. It was what she allowed and followed that caused her downfall and God was not to be held responsible for that.

Likewise, anyone who fail to yield to the warning on the manual of any particular device would personally face the consequence that might comes after, not the manufacturer...
Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2017

what did God has to loose by not planting the tree in the garden and what did he has to gain?

considering the huge and gravious repercussions of eating the fruit, did the test worth it in the end

is like living a poison apple within the reach of your kids and warning them not to eat it but they disobey and ate it and you lost your kids to cold hands of death

can you be bold enough to tell your neighbors what happened talkless of police

you knowing they will die and yet bragging you are testing them ; did the test worth it at all

Re: If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2017

How sure is God that after the trumpet some angels even angel Michel or jubril or even some people that make heaven will not betray him and attempt to overthrow him just like devil

in as much as there is freewill, good people can turn bad even in heaven

the only way ever-happy after is plausible in heaven is if we lose our free will

but if we loose our free will in heaven and can only do good then why did God gave us free will in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! / 2018 Gospel Sweet Thanksgiving Song. / How To Conquer Controlling Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.