Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Pastor Chris' Innercity Mission School Graduates 52 Pupil's (pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris' Innercity Mission School Graduates 52 Pupil's (pics) (1110 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris' Innercity Mission School Graduates 52 Pupil's (pics) by eplanning: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2016
Before I proceed with this report, may I inform you that this school is 100 percent Free ( As in tuition, uniforms, school bag, breakfast, lunch, take home dinner etc).

The students of this school (numbering in hundreds) are indigent children from the streets, orphans or from homes where the parents were too poor to afford their children's education.

I took time to visit during the just concluded ICLC and was almost moved to tears as I saw what Pastor Chris and partners of the innercity are doing.

First, as we entered the compound, we were greeted by 3 kids (students of the innercity mission school) who spoke queen's English. We were then led to see several testimonies of transformed lives.

There was the testimony of a man who fled after he learnt that his wife had given birth to triplets. After several failed attempts by the innercity mission and wife to reach him (to sign for the adoption of the kids), they finally got him, took custody of the kids (I think one died before the innercity mission arrived) and the rest is history. The twins are hale and hearty.... looking soo cuuute!

I saw another testimony of a lady who lived in one of the slums in Lagos with her child that was almost dying of kwashiorkor. The innercity mission intervened, provided intensive medical care and now the boy is very fresh, lively, happy, playing all over.

There was another testimony of a man who was very poor and veery sick. It was noticed one day that one of his sons who was already attending the innercity mission school was absent from school. The school authorities went over to his house to discover that this man had passed on. Even more touching was his dying wish as reported by his landlord: that none else but the innercity mission of Christ Embassy should take custody of his remaining two boys.

And so they did. The boys are all grown up and happy. I was told that one of the younger boys is so on fire for God, preaching the Word even in school assemblies.

If you see these Pastor Chris' innercity children... hmmm - ajebutter to the core! Sleeping in beautifully made beds, pyjamas. They are taken for outings, tours, resorts etc. You might even be tempted to consider sending you kid there. (lol). This brings to mind the words of the Man of God, Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome, "every child is your child".

Many times the innercity mission goes beyond the kids to provide assistance in terms of bi-weekly food support for their families, vocational training etc.
They also send regular supplies of food and provision to other orphanages.

By around 2pm, I was set to leave the premises, so overwhelmed by what I saw and heard. I peeped through one of the classroom windows only to find these once indigent- now ajebutter kids heads down on their cute desks taking a nap.

Only managed to take a few pics of the school premises and computer lab where some smart guy briefed us on the excellent curriculum and installed packages for training the kids which can match those of the best private institutions.

The graduation pic is from a recent news article: http://lw-news.com/kc6wn

School Website:
http://www.theinnercitymission.org/school/

Official Innercity Mission website:
http://www.theinnercitymission.org/v3/

1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Innercity Mission School Graduates 52 Pupil's (pics) by seedgreen(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2016
This is so inspiring......I was suppose to be at the graduation last Thursday. ....but heard it was awesome.lives have been changed. Thoroughly, every child is your child.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Innercity Mission School Graduates 52 Pupil's (pics) by iconics: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Great to be involved in this. Thank you @PastorChrisLive

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be A Christian Or Go To Hell;how About Other Religion? / Must Read!! The Great Conversion Of Alhaji Paul Ado Bayero. / Blood Groups SS Turns To AA As Propeht Joshua Iginla Ministers To Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.