Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna (1340 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? / Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by HuangXueming(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Happy new week good people of nairaland. I recently bought a 2000 model Toyota Sienna. I've noticed that it's fuel consumption is high. When I made some research, I discovered that its engine rating is 3.0L Please I would like to know if there is any kind of construction or repackaging that can be done on the car for a lower fuel consumption. All advice and or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by captainking(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2016
HuangXueming:
Happy new week good people of nairaland. I recently bought a 2000 model Toyota Sienna. I've noticed that it's fuel consumption is high. When I made some research, I discovered that its engine rating is 3.0L Please I would like to know if there is any kind of construction or repackaging that can be done on the car for a lower fuel consumption. All advice and or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
I think I need this too for my Honda Babyboy 2000 model
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by HuangXueming(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2016
I see you Broda, we're on same page.
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2016
all of you need deliverance, go for 1.4 to 1.8 engines next time

1 Like

Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by chiebube1: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Same ride as mine, hope the thermostat is still there.
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by HuangXueming(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
I don't even know what a thermostat is or looks like. It's my first car.
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by chiebube1: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
I suggest you get a car scanner or mechanics like Kazeem will milk you dry. Go online and look up car thermostat. Where is your location?
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by honmusa(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
HuangXueming:
Google the expected mpg for your car and compare with what you run on your car.If you run more than what is expected then you will need to go for diagnosis to pinpoint the issue.
If you need the service of a competent tech professional ,call autologic @ 08061166316

1 Like

Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04am On Jul 26, 2016
HuangXueming:

You will not Get Great mileage per gallon from a 2000 sienna (with or without issues) Live with it or sell and buy a mini Van with a smaller engine (e.g picknic)
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by nurey(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2016
There is no trick you can do, it's mpg rating is 16city, 21highway and 19combined.

Always take it easy on the throttle, never surpass 80 to 85km/h, that's the best gas mileage threshold for the car, always pack light, make sure there is no exhaust leak and catalyst are OK. Always use synthetic engine recommended of 5w30 also make sure your fans ain't connected to run all the time.

Your tire gauge shouldn't exceed 35 for front and 40 for rear if you are using stock Bleep/xx/R15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:42am On Jul 26, 2016
HuangXueming:
I don't even know what a thermostat is or looks like. It's my first car.
If it is your 1st car then how did you come to conclusion thats it is consuming too much fuel?

How do people by a car without thinking of engine size and fuel consumption ?

Am thinking of getting a range rover next around this time and i know the engine size i want 3litre diesel and i have already checked the mpgs and i know thatni can afford to run it
Re: Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna by diportivo: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2016
Op,and d first guy to comment

U guys are in luck

I av just the thing/package that u need to reduce fuel consumption on ur v6 engines

Its a CD dat u insert in ur deck....listen to d sound and watch ur fuel consumption reduce drastically

Price.......pm me grin

On a more serious note,u guys shld try kia picanto or Nissan Micra

U will do thanksgiving in church asper fuel issue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clean Honda Accord (baby Boy) 2002 / This 2017 Land Rover Discovery Comes With A Kitchen (photos) / No Dashboard Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.