Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

Closed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Closed (3378 Views)

Topic closed / Closed / 12 Major Roads Closed As Pastor Chris Visits Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

it's better to end somebody than to watch him burn to death, that's total wickedness.

and note he ending the bad people that don't want to obey his laws and if his laws are not obeyed the world can never be a better place.

So as a loving Father, it's better to end my children's lives if they don't obey me than to burn them, right?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

So as a loving Father, it's better to end my children's lives if they don't obey me than to burn them, right?

you are not in position do to that.

besides it's for the best of mankind.

and am talking of unrepentant sinners.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

you are not in position do to that.

besides it's for the best of mankind.

and am talking of unrepentant sinners.

That's not the point bro, a "Hell fire believer" would also argue that we are not in a position of eternal justice/retribution but I'm trying to paint a picture that you sketched earlier so we can both reason out this thing.

Let's assume this "unrepentant sinner" happens to just be an unchanged liar. Now, since we are all God's children, and he is our loving Father. So by your view, the best punishment of the loving Father (God) to his unrepentant lying child is to put an end to his life, am I right?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

That's not the point bro, a "Hell fire believer" would also argue that we are not in a position of eternal justice/retribution but I'm trying to paint a picture that you sketched earlier so we can both reason out this thing.

Let's assume this "unrepentant sinner" happens to just be an unchanged liar. Now, since we are all God's children, and he is our loving Father. So by your view, the best punishment of the loving Father (God) to his unrepentant lying child is to put an end to his life, am I right?

sleep forever because na spoil
Re: Closed by Cyberclint: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hell only exists in the mind of the believers
Re: Closed by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

sleep forever because na spoil

smiley Don't tell me you're trying to sugar-coat death here bro....

You really concur with a loving Father (God) putting his unrepentant child to death (or endless sleep, as you say) as a means of punishment? Really?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

smiley Don't tell me you're trying to sugar-coat death here bro....

You really concur with a loving Father (God) putting his unrepentant child to death (or endless sleep, as you say) as a means of punishment? Really?

take a look at the world, why is it not a better place? because humans that refuse to obey the laws of God are in control and dey don't care, what is the solution since they ain't ready to change? put them to sleep forever, let the world be a meaningful place.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

take a look at the world, why is it not a better place? because humans that refuse to obey the laws of God are in control and dey don't care, what is the solution since they ain't ready to change? put them to sleep forever, let the world be a meaningful place.

So you mean to say that if a household is restive or out of control and certain children are the cause of it, the only way to solve it is to put them to death (or make them sleep and never wake up again)?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

So you mean to say that if a household is restive or out of control and certain children are the cause of it, the only way to solve it is to put them to death (or make them sleep and never wake up again)?

lol.. dude, you rolling round and round. the best way to eat good beans is to remove the dirty and cook the good one.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

lol.. dude, you rolling round and round. the best way to eat good beans is to remove the dirty and cook the good one.

Now you're making an analogy that doesn't fit at all. For instance, when you separate the beans (bad from good), what then do you do with the bad once that have been separated from the rest? Burn them, bury them so they'll grow, throw them away (and they'll eventually be eaten by something else? Is there a possible way of putting that bad beans out of existence?

That beans, the analogy doesn't fit. We are talking of human lives here; lives of the children of a loving Father. Isn't it better to just have them punished (perhaps, put them away in detention or something) until they change and return back to the loving Father's family instead of killing them all?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

Now you're making an analogy that doesn't fit at all. For instance, when you separate the beans (bad from good), what then do you do with the bad once that have been separated from the rest? Burn them, bury them so they'll grow, throw them away (and they'll eventually be eaten by something else? Is there a possible way of putting that bad beans out of existence?

That beans, the analogy doesn't fit. We are talking of human lives here; lives of the children of a loving Father. Isn't it better to just have them punished (perhaps, put them away in detention or something) until they change and return back to the loving Father's family instead of killing them all?

ok then, seperate the weed for the crops.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

ok then, seperate the weed for the crops.

If you talk of weed from crops, then you are justifying the burning aspect of justice which is explicitly stated here (Matthew 13:30; 36 - 42).

Both burning and destruction of children by their own Father in the name of justice are pure wickedness.
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

If you talk of weed from crops, then you are justifying the burning aspect of justice which is explicitly stated here (Matthew 13:30; 36 - 42).

Both burning and destruction of children by their own Father in the name of justice are pure wickedness.

fire symbolizes everlasting destruction

it's not wickedness, if he doesn't do it the world will never be a better place because alot of people are not ready to obey God. please be realistic.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

fire symbolizes everlasting destruction

it's not wickedness, if he doesn't do it the world will never be a better place because alot of people are not ready to obey God. please be realistic.

The only unrealistic thing here is your action in agreeing that burning of human's in the name of justice is bad of a loving Father who wants to punish his straying children, and your inaction in admitting that destroying of his children in the name of justice is just as bad.

In condemning "burning", you are hiding under the canopy of "love"

While in justifying destruction, you are hiding under the canopy or "justice" (or "making the world a better place"wink

Now you see you're not being consistent here?
Re: Closed by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reiyvinn:

The only unrealistic thing here is your action in agreeing that burning of human's in the name of justice is bad of a loving Father who wants to punish his straying children, and your inaction in admitting that destroying of his children in the name of justice is just as bad.

In condemning "burning", you are hiding under the canopy of "love"

While in justifying destruction, you are hiding under the canopy or "justice" (or "making the world a better place"wink

Now you see you're not being consistent here?

ok believe in hell fire now. shey be adam and eve dey there?
Re: Closed by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

ok believe in hell fire now. shey be adam and eve dey there?

I've not said anything about believing anything. What I'm saying in essence is that your view and there aren't any different in terms of putting the "loving" God's doctrine on a nosedive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's With Nigerian Churches And Hilarious Revival Themes? / Funny Picture Of Jesus Taking A Selfie. / President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.