Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

If I Were President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were President (845 Views)

Why I Will Not Give Biafra If I Were President- By A Strong Supporter Of IPOB / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were President by Dahjhi: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
IF I Were PRESIDENT
(RANTINGS OF A WORRIED NIGERIAN)
When Jerry Rawlings became leader of Ghana, he killed the men he felt were the stumbling blocks to Ghana's development. Then came the very strict measures to ensure a turnaround of the country's economy. It was tough. Ghanaians ran from home in their millions. The road was not easy but Ghana has become great again. Perfect fairy tale, right?
But it will not work in Nigeria. So don't use it as justification anytime we thumbs down certain actions and inactions of government today.
For one, times have changed. The way economies ran back then cannot function today. Ghana is also not Nigeria. Ghana found a way to deal with the power problem. Decisively. Here, successive governments have played 'kalo-kalo' with our brains and left us in perpetual darkness.
Ghana killed the most corrupt men in order to checkmate potential sabotage. Are we ready to kill our own versions of those men? No. So....at least, send them to prison. But we won't listen. Back door deals being struck at elitist level alone while the masses continue to be fooled daily with promises of "e go better" by some average brothers and sisters who actually are benefitting from the government of the day and will defend every absurdity. Everybody lies about caring about national interest. Everybody just wants the government that favours their daily existence.
IF I Were PRESIDENT
I would actually jail those who stole our money. No soft landings. There is a reason we are called Nigeria. We are very stoic, even in corruption. Give us soft landings and we will still find ways to steal more. I will match my electoral promises by ensuring there are no sacred cows. I understand that even if one is honest, if you ride on the backs of corrupt men to power, it puts you in a delicate situation.
I will sink plenty of money in the diversification plan. We cannot be preaching diversification and be paying lip service to it. We are a big country, the giant of a continent. We do big things. If we say agriculture is the way to go, the world will see what agricultural revolution means. Huge farms all over the country. Estates will be built with all necessary facilities to motivate farm workers. Night clubs. Neon lights. Games villages. Beautiful little homes for them and their families. The farms will be so large that the world will actually take notice. Not some lip service in the media. Banks will be encouraged to offer low interest facilities to citizens who prove they know how to operate that sector, to flourish.
All the chants about "our oyel, our oyel" must stop. Everybody go and work. Which oyel did you put in the ground? If I hear "pim" from anybody, frog jump straight. Even palm oil, you don't know how to make. Be shouting "our oyel" in somebody's ear. Haba.
State governors who fail to live up to the expectations of their people will be impeached. I will personally sponsor their Houses of Assembly to remove them. Because I am tired of their stupid inefficient behaviours that tend to put pressure on me at the centre. If all governors did their jobs, my country would actually be better. People will not be in one village and blame me for the sun that did not shine. Bad governor, out.
The judiciary will be overhauled. If I need to be autocratic sometimes, by God, I would. It is what we need. But in a good way. Justice MUST BE meted out to proven offenders. If I hear that a court released a rapist, I will personally throw both the judge and the idiot in jail. Did Ghana not recently come down hard on their judiciary? Why can't we do the same?
See....everything exportable will be exported. We will not remain in an eternal state of "we will do it eventually". Some of these things are not rocket science. Just DO it, dammit!!!
Any governor that sinks borehole and spends money to 'commission' it will be removed from office. Nonsense and ingredients.
I will sack almost everybody working at PHCN. Do you know how many 'experts' are looking for jobs? I cannot be C-in-C and not utilise the full extent of my powers. See....we will suffer blackouts for a few weeks but when we resume, it will be for good. That's how to do it. I cannot spend a full term complaining that I am being sabotaged by people to whom I am president.
Multinationals MUST sign am pact to develop their host communities otherwise they will not operate in my Nigeria. If they like, they should go with their Chicken and chips. Ofada rice is still bae.
If we send overage boys as Golden Eaglets, they better win every world cup. You cannot allow genuine 17yr old beat you and you want to come and collect presidential handshake. Na inside cell una go sleep.
I will inspire a massive rural health care drive with centres in almost every village in the country. What's so hard about this? Somebody tell me. How much does it cost?
........to be continued

Credit - Mike Ile

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Were President by sarrki(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Then Nigeria will turn red. Why use red
Re: If I Were President by Dahjhi: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
sarrki:
Then Nigeria will turn red. Why use red
changed
Re: If I Were President by chachanga: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
My Able Presido! grin

The plans are all great and noble but:

Make a contingency plan for the cabals anyway.

Make sure yours is a truly all-embracing govt.

Yeah, tone down the red a tad bit.
Extreme measures are out of it in this modern days unless we could find some arbitrary Sharia provisos to de-limb looters. grin

It's funny how UN, NATO & the World band of politically-correct globalists would posture and blab all day about those raving ISIS mullahs and resolutely oppose 3rd World coups regardless of public support. angry tongue

Hence, since we don't want Whiteys (with their sanctions embarassed) to think we're barbarians still swinging from stick and poles...your govt has to creatively bring looters to book without being one-sided or bloody!

Yours in National Service
your Liar MohammedAbati Omokri grin wink
Re: If I Were President by Laveda(f): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
I like your dreams. I pray it actualizes, but the Nigeria we live in? lipsrsealed

Lol I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact that Nigeria can't get better. Except strict measures are taken..

God help us

3 Likes

Re: If I Were President by barackodam: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Initially I was saying, Buhari said more than this, but then, after fully reading it, I realised he didn't.

But then, all na wash, you said it yourself, you can't climb up the ladder through corrupt people and then want to put them in jail. This isn't a military era, it's a democracy one. The same people who voted you would claim you're too harsh, bar the fact that you wouldn't jail them.

I've said and continue saying, that, "until God is ready to deliver Nigeria, that's when he would give us a long lasting good leader"......ever wondered why Yar'adua died, its not yet time for us to be liberated.

Simple as that!
Re: If I Were President by Justiyke4u: 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
I was thinking it would be If I was...
Re: If I Were President by Dahjhi: 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
barackodam:
Initially I was saying, Buhari said more than this, but then, after fully reading it, I realised he didn't.

But then, all na wash, you said it yourself, you can't climb up the ladder through corrupt people and then want to put them in jail. This isn't a military era, it's a democracy one. The same people who voted you would claim you're too harsh, bar the fact that you wouldn't jail them.

I've said and continue saying, that, "until God is ready to deliver Nigeria, that's when he would give us a long lasting good leader" ......ever wondered why Yar'adua died, its not yet time for us to be liberated.

Simple as that!

Baseline
Re: If I Were President by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Dahjhi:
IF I Were PRESIDENT
(RANTINGS OF A WORRIED NIGERIAN)
When Jerry Rawlings became leader of Ghana, he killed the men he felt were the stumbling blocks to Ghana's development. Then came the very strict measures to ensure a turnaround of the country's economy. It was tough. Ghanaians ran from home in their millions. The road was not easy but Ghana has become great again. Perfect fairy tale, right?

please wia d greatness
better than us but great, no

But it will not work in Nigeria. So don't use it as justification anytime we thumbs down certain actions and inactions of government today.

why not
o right because you can't murderise 160 million ppl

For one, times have changed.

how
same suffering same poverty same leaders

The way economies ran back then cannot function today.

how did economies function

Ghana is also not Nigeria

same difference

. Ghana found a way to deal with the power problem. Decisively.

do pray tell.
I heard they simply didn't load the existing power infrastructure by being lazy

Here, successive governments have played 'kalo-kalo' with our brains and left us in perpetual darkness.

you mean WE played kalo kalo with OUR brain
govt just amplified

Ghana killed the most corrupt men in order to checkmate potential sabotage.

no rawlings did

Are we ready to kill our own versions of those men? No. So....at least, send them to prison. But we won't listen. Back door deals being struck at elitist level alone while the masses continue to be fooled daily with promises of "e go better" by some average brothers and sisters who actually are benefitting from the government of the day and will defend every absurdity.

we aren't fooled
we just don't have much to choose from

Everybody lies about caring about national interest.

makes for good TV

Everybody just wants the government that favours their daily existence.

abi na

IF I Were PRESIDENT
I would actually jail those who stole our money.

extra judicially?
cos you do know corruption fights back,hard!!!

No soft landings.

sometimes necessary

There is a reason we are called Nigeria. We are very stoic, even in corruption. Give us soft landings and we will still find ways to steal more.

no all humans do this when they are hungry
leave room for corruption and we will steal

I will match my electoral promises by ensuring there are no sacred cows.

we'll see how you will win without scared cows
sorry 4tp just the reality unless you get there through insurgency

I understand that even if one is honest, if you ride on the backs of corrupt men to power, it puts you in a delicate situation.

I'm still working on finding wiggle room here
just too many corrupt ppl that you have to work with

I will sink plenty of money in the diversification plan.

kindred spirit
beht bros you don't need to be in govt bfor you diversify o hope you're aware

We cannot be preaching diversification and be paying lip service to it.

ezzatly

We are a big country, the giant of a continent.

not really
only
by population and by extension economy
we don't really control anything deliberately

We do big things. If we say agriculture is the way to go, the world will see what agricultural revolution means. Huge farms all over the country. Estates will be built with all necessary facilities to motivate farm workers. Night clubs. Neon lights. Games villages. Beautiful little homes for them and their families. The farms will be so large that the world will actually take notice. Not some lip service in the media.

you spoilt everything with night club and neon light
even in Yankee dem no get
the occasional barn dance or farm fair maybe
but night clubs when you have to tend to incur and pigs at 3 in the morning
you don't know what farming entails
although I give you 10 10 for enthusiasm

Banks will be encouraged to offer low interest facilities to citizens who prove they know how to operate that sector, to flourish.

Zaibatsu tins

All the chants about "our oyel, our oyel" must stop.

o boy forget that tin
dia eyes have open
it will never close till we give dem dia oil or they collect it by force

Everybody go and work.

for us yes
for them leave dat tin
dia eye don shine
only Holy Spirit can save them from laziness oyel moni syndrome

Which oyel did you put in the ground? If I hear "pim" from anybody, frog jump straight

don't get me wrong
but talk is cheap
whether you like it or not
militants get a vote codify have the oil industry by the balls. fact.
force doesn't work in all cases

. Even palm oil, you don't know how to make. Be shouting "our oyel" in somebody's ear. Haba.

freedom of speech

State governors who fail to live up to the expectations of their people will be impeached.

very easy for gwamnas to mobilise senators to impeach you yourself.
loving the ideas even though not feasible

I will personally sponsor their Houses of Assembly to remove them.

them ma get security vote o
dem no go even allow you reach dia in the first place

Because I am tired of their stupid inefficient behaviours that tend to put pressure on me at the centre.

stop blaming them
it's lack of fiscal federalism 52% federal and zero autonomy for lga
and overbearing exclusive legislative list that' put pressure on the centre

If all governors did their jobs, my country would actually be better.

don't forget local gwament Chiamen o

People will not be in one village and blame me for the sun that did not shine. Bad governor, out.

easier said than done
unless you're their god father

The judiciary will be overhauled. If I need to be autocratic sometimes, by God, I would.

absolute power corrupts o
and you know ppl now share the monopoly of violence
you'll just end up fighting on all fronts

It is what we need.

more like what you want
there are other less acrimonious ways of solving our problems

But in a good way. Justice MUST BE meted out to proven offenders.

hear hear

If I hear that a court released a rapist, I will personally throw both the judge and the idiot in jail. Did Ghana not recently come down hard on their judiciary? Why can't we do the same?

see guy calmDan
till the end of time some people will be above the law
even in obodo oyinbo den de look face
what if your son or wife rape
all this your braggadocio go hook you for throat

See....everything exportable will be exported. We will not remain in an eternal state of "we will do it eventually". Some of these things are not rocket science.
Just DO it, dammit!!!

erm... no vex o but how many you Don do
easy to point fingers innit

Any governor that sinks borehole and spends money to 'commission' it will be removed from office.

immunity bro
and no you can't remove it unilaterally

Nonsense and ingredients.
I will sack almost everybody working at PHCN.

murtala did this
we haven't recovered since

Do you know how many 'experts' are looking for jobs?

@if they were truly ''experts' they wouldn't be looking for job

I cannot be C-in-C and not utilise the full extent of my powers.

if you overdo it
the same masses idyll have you removed
ask general Buhari and late abacha

See....we will suffer blackouts for a few weeks but when we resume, it will be for good.

Pls expatiate
takes two years to deliver turbines ordered

That's how to do it.

wish I cud believe you

I cannot spend a full term complaining that I am being sabotaged by people to whom I am president.

no you shouldn'
4 years in fact 4 days should be enough to show ppl who's boss

Multinationals MUST sign am pact to develop their host communities otherwise they will not operate in my Nigeria. If they like, they should go with their Chicken and chips. Ofada rice is still bae.

now we're cookin'

If we send overage boys as Golden Eaglets, they better win every world cup.

can you see you've allowed yourself to be attacked on allowing age fraud
and we're still on nairaland o

You cannot allow genuine 17yr old beat you and you want to come and collect presidential handshake. Na inside cell una go sleep.
I will inspire a massive rural health care drive with centres in almost every village in the country. What's so hard about this? Somebody tell me. How much does it cost?
........to be continued

getting doctors to move to the villages

Credit - Mike Ile

Re: If I Were President by Dahjhi: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Civil War: I Will Reveal My Side Of The Story In 2017 – Gowon / 'Change' Can Be Painful, Difficult, But We're On Right Track'- Adeosun (video) / The Bad State Of Agbado Crossing Road In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.