Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Ladies, What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Would You Do? (743 Views)

Ladies: What Is The Greatest Lie A Guy Has Ever Told You? / Ladies What Will You Do If A Man Intentionally Touch Your Bosom In A Bus. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2009
After four years together, Michael proposed to the love of his life, Lola. She said yes immediately, and he handed her a huge diamond ring. It had cost 6 months of his salary, a stretch, but he thought she was worth it. Unfortunately, while Lola loves Michael she immediately hated the ring; to her it was gaudy, over elaborate, tasteless and totally against her usual style. Should she grin and bear it, as it's the sentiment that counts, or ensure his hard earned money is spent on something she adores?
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Secretz(f): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2009
lol. Ask him if he doesn't mind her exchanging it for another ring she would prefer of the same value. His intention was very nice, but let's get real, she will never truly appreciate the ring if she doesn't fall in love with it pretty much immediately. And he should have sly-ly tried to figure out her taste before hand especially if he knew he was gonna spend soo much money, not knowing if she would really like it. grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by iice(f): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
Bear and grin wetin ogini? grin
Secretz is right, if she doesn't fall in love with it immediately it's almost never likely she'll eventually get to like it.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
iice:

Bear and grin wetin ogini? grin
Secretz is right, if she doesn't fall in love with it immediately it's almost never likely she'll eventually get to like it.

kai and she cant even pity the guy and manage the thing?
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Secretz(f): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
Kenny_G:

lol if that is the case, I will go and exchange it my self without his knowledge and hope he doesn't notice the difference. Or he can take it back and 'try' again. tongue grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by iice(f): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
Kenny_G:

Well she can manage it, if she can (though i doubt that will last)
Every time she looks at it, she would be like 'How could he pick something like this?' 'How could he not know me well enough to know my tastes?'

Personally, i'm a ring person, so a ring i don't like. . .i will not be keeping.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Secretz(f): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
iice:

Well she can manage it, if she can (though i doubt that will last)
Every time she looks at it, she would be like 'How could he pick something like this?' 'How could he not know me well enough to know my tastes?'

Personally, i'm a ring person, so a ring i don't like. . .i will not be keeping.

Exacto!! grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
i guess the best thing to do would be to "stylishly" communicate her displeasure to the guy then,
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by tayotoyin(f): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2009
Grin & bear what?!! If she does that,she'd simply be decieving herself. I believe something like this would be in order "Thanks a million Darling! But could u pls do me d favour of changing d ring for me? I'd LOVE 2 follow u there sha!"
But then it means Michael doesn't even know his wife 2 be likes & dislikes. Tooooooo bad!
wink
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
on the other hand, how would the babe feel if having spent time and money to make him a meal, only for the guy to say, tnx but can you make me dundun and akara instead?
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by iice(f): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2009
Kenny_G:

on the other hand, how would the babe feel if having spent time and money to make him a meal, only for the guy to say, tnx but can you make me dundun and akara instead?

Ok ooo, can you wait for it? grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
i's sure u gals would say, make he take luv eat am like that, so why not her with the ring.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by iice(f): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2009
Kenny_G:

i's sure u gals would say, make he take luv eat am like that, so why not her with the ring.

Well i shouldn't have bothered replying grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
iice:

Well i shouldn't have bothered replying grin
lol why not, did i steal your thunder? grin grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by iice(f): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
iice:

Ok ooo, can you wait for it? grin

Kenny_G:

Means you'd still think what you want to think regardless of what we say cheesy

Kenny_G:

lol why not, did i steal your thunder? grin grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by galatico(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
That's bad!!! She should have accepted the ring!!! The Girl is ungrateful!!!
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by KennyG6(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
galatico:

That's bad!!! She should have accepted the ring!!! The Girl is ungrateful!!!
shocked
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by izeek(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
mistake we all make is think engagement must be signified by a ring.

u can get her something else.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by MissyB1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
izeek:

u can get her something else.
Like?
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by yme1(f): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2009
this is to tell you guys that not all babe loves expensive things grin
if she doesnt like it now there is definitely no way she would
so get her something you know she will love and appreciate even if it is cheap
but come to think of it nah which kind babe be that she nor know black market grin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by izeek(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
missyb,
wats wrong with getting her a nengraved bracelet with inscriptions she wud like,

or ankle chain or maybe a necklace that is a particular pendant she loves.

a lockect wud do just fine.
its not traditionally a ring.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Evawyt: 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
Some times gettin to suprise us might be the worst thought or decision ever,More expecialy when the timing is not right.Get to know wht will keep smiles on our faces for a maximum period of time.WHICH IS , LOL. cool lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by sparta(f): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
After four years and he still does not know her taste? wow, something is wrong then!
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by MissyB1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
y me:

but come to think of it nah which kind babe be that she nor know black market grin
Gbahahahahahaha grin

izeek:

missyb,
wats wrong with getting her a nengraved bracelet with inscriptions she wud like,

or ankle chain or maybe a necklace that is a particular pendant she loves.

a lockect wud do just fine.
its not traditionally a ring.
I didn't say neither do I think there's anything wrong with
this idea. Well, I think t's different things for different people.

I'D rather have a RING and if he decides to add the other things You
mentioned . . . . .Who am I to reject? cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by 4llerbe(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
SEE ALL THESE ADDLED BRAIN THINGS! TSEEWWW!!!!

why would a man waste his hard earned money on buying a very expensive ring?

dt dude has been watching too many movies of the sentimental flavor. that kind of shit is for guys who have more money than sense and would'nt even knw the money is missing from dem account. u buy wat u also wont feel no matter the 'supposed' quality!

as for tha babe wat else do u expect? typical. as my gpapa always says 'even if u buy a woman a 100 story building today and she is all over u, by tomorow morning she will calmly ask u why u think wat u have done is so special and point out that your neigbour bought his wife a 101 story building'
wretches

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Trouble, Women Will Not Let Me Save. / Do You Ever Get Over A First Love? / Yobo In Middle Of Night Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.