Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Ogun Takes Custody Of Nine-year-old Chained By Cleric Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogun Takes Custody Of Nine-year-old Chained By Cleric Father (293 Views)

Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun / Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks / Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Takes Custody Of Nine-year-old Chained By Cleric Father by shinystar(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Ogun State Police Command has handed the nine-year old boy, Korede Taiwo who was chained by his Pastor father, Francis Taiwo, over to the state government.
Korede was chained for over a month by his father, who was in charge of Key of Joy parish of the Celestial Church of Christ, Ajinwo, Ota area of the State.
The Officer-in-Charge of Anti-Human Trafficking unit of Command, Oluwatoyosi Bello, handed over the boy to the officials of the state Ministry Women Affairs and Social Development, Abeokuta.
The boy was later taken to Stella Obasanjo Children’s home, Ibara Abeokuta after he told the Police that he would not like to return to his father’s house again.
Korede’s father, Taiwo, said he did know the implication of his action and pleaded with the government to forgive him.
“I didn’t know there is punishment for my action but now I know. I regret my actions. I want forgiveness from the government,” he said.
Also, Korede’s step mother, Kehinde Taiwo, pleaded with the government to forgive her and the husband
“We use to advise him but because we don’t know the implication that time, that is the reason we chained him. What I want is that I want to beg the government not to be angry again,” she said.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, revealed that the First Lady, Mrs Olufunso Amosun, expressed readiness to take care of Korede.
He stressed that the AIG Abdulmajid Ali has ordered thorough investigation of the matter and the suspects be charged to court
“The officer in charge has just taken over the case today and we assure you the command will do proper investigation and we won’t waste time on that.
“The man will be charged to court. The step mum is also a suspect in the case so the command will charge two of them accordingly.
“The command was not happy that the boy was chained by his father for more than a month. If you look at the weight of the chain couple with the weight of the padlock, you will know is too heavy for that boy.”
Adejobi added: “The boy is a rugged person and I am very sure God has a purpose of sparing his life. By the time police and Civil defence rescued him, he couldn’t stand for hours.
“He was so weak, the legs were weak not until he was taken to Onipanu Division of Ota by the DPO of the area and after the treatment he was able to stand on his feet.”

More: http://naijachurchnews.com/ogun-takes-custody-nine-year-old-chained-cleric-father/

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 25th Of August 2016 / Follow To Know / A Reminder About The Essence Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.