Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,350 members, 7,860,912 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

A Reminder About The Essence Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Reminder About The Essence Of Life (294 Views)

What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / What is The Essence Of The Church And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Reminder About The Essence Of Life by SonofIssachar: 2:19am On Sep 10, 2016
Author Unknown

A man died and when he realized it, he saw God coming towards him with a suitcase in His hand. Then a dialogue ensued between God and the dead man:

God: Alright son, it’s time to go.

Man: So soon? I had a lot of plans...

God: I am sorry about that, but it’s time to go.

Man: What do you have in that suitcase?

God: Your belongings.

Man: My belongings? You mean my things... clothes... money...

God: Those things were never yours, they belong to the Earth.

Man: Is it my memories?

God: No. They belong to time.

Man: Is it my talent?

God: No. They belong to circumstance.

Man: Is it my friends and family?

God: No son. They belong to the path you travelled.

Man: Is it my wife and children?

God: No. they belong to your heart.

Man: Then it must be my body.

God: No, no... It belongs to dust.

Man: Then surely it must be my soul!

God: You are mistaken son. Your soul belongs to me.

Man with tears in his eyes and full of fear took the suitcase from God's hand and opened it...

Empty...

With heartbroken tears running down his cheek he asks God...

Man: I never owned anything?

God: That’s right. You never owned anything.

Man: Then? What was mine?

God: your moments. Every moment you lived was yours.

Do Good in every moment
Think Good in every moment
Thank God for every moment

Life is lived in moments.

Live it...
Love it...
Enjoy it….

Meditation: See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. – Ephesians 5:15-16

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Limit / God's Kingdom In The Heart / Gowon, Abdulsalami, Others For Abuja Religious Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.