Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Was He Right To Have Done This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was He Right To Have Done This? (3999 Views)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Was He Right To Do That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was He Right To Have Done This? by mimiy05: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Fam, this is neither fiction or nollywood. This story is very real and it happened recently to a family close to ours.

Its common knowledge that women have a lot of power in the United States as there are laws that protect women there. This man and his family have been living in the U.S for several years and apparently, the wife had been mistreating him and he had to swallow all that because any small thing, the man will obviously be thrown in jail.

So, recently, they(the man and wife) came back to Nigeria, and immediately they landed and got down from the airplane, the man started beating up his wife hurling insults at her and seized her passport saying that he had been taking all her rubbish because he didn't want to go to jail but that this was Nigeria and there was nothing she could do.

People around had to hold the man and calm in down so he didn't end up killing the woman. When he explained why he beat her up, some people took the man's side and asked if they should help him and beat her while others advocated for peace saying it wasn't worth it, she is his wife and he should try and forgive her.

There is some serious peace meeting going on almost on a daily basis as the man is threatening to go back to the states without her. Already, he has already seized her passport. The wife is very remorseful and has promised to change.

My question now is was he right to have embarrassed himself and especially the wife in public? Yes, I can understand his anger but she is his wife no matter what and he should also think of their children.
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Stories that touch. No need to beat anyone. I will simply forgive nd forget her end of story
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by yvelchstores(f): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
his actions makes no sense to me. immediately they landed, he started beating n insulting her, what a coward. sounds stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by lovaleenny(f): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mumu story tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nigeria a lawless country! I no blame the man sha, i blame the system in Nigeria where women don't have rights.

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by greatgod2012(f): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
The man had always been a beast, but the fear of jail in the USA kept him in check, immediately he got to our lawless country, he started showing his true beastly attitude.

Not saying it's right for the wife to have assaulted her husband while in the USA, but they could have settled everything amicably in love.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
greatgod2012:
The man had always been a beast, but the fear of jail in the USA kept him in check, immediately he got to our lawless country, he started showing his true beastly attitude.

Not saying it's right for the wife to have assaulted her husband while in the USA, but they could have settled everything amicably in love.
You deserve to be insulted. But I go free you because of ban. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by greatgod2012(f): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You deserve to be insulted. But I go free you because of ban. Rubbish.

Unfortunately, I can't be your target, even if you had insulted me, everyone who knows me on this forum know that I'll never dignify you with any response.

This is what we're saying, why can't you pass across your opinion without being insultive

Why do you believe that every problem should be solved with violence

This is the problem with most of us Nigerians, we don't believe in decorum.

Instead of that man disgracing himself publicly like that, why didn't he let the wife be aware of her atrocities while in the USA

If the man is not a beast, why will he wait to get to a lawless country before physically abusing the woman

If he didn't have any skeleton I. his cupboard, why was he afraid of the USA policemen

From all indications, it's obvious you possess the same traits with the man described here, because you didn't insult me for fear of being banned.

My advice..... turn a new leaf.

Lol....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by 5minsmadness: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hiroto:
Stories that touch. No need to beat anyone. I will simply forgive nd forget her end of story
Yeah. Right.

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by eyinjuege: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pray tell, why would he be thrown to jail in the USA if he argues with his wife?

Provided he doesn't assault her, he won't be thrown into jail.

If the wife assaulted him and he called the cops, she would be thrown into jail.

Is his grouse the fact that he couldn't beat his wife in the US?

Why is there a need for him to beat his wife? If she's verbally abusive, can't he walk away? If she physically assaulted him can't he call the police?

Does he really think violence should be the solution in a marriage?

I'm still trying to understand the message, as all I can garner from this is that the man is physically abusive and his wife and kids are at risk of domestic violence

9 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
greatgod2012:

Unfortunately, I can't be your target, even if you had insulted me, everyone who knows me on this forum know that I'll never dignify you with any response.

This is what we're saying, why can't you pass across your opinion without being insultive

Why do you believe that every problem should be solved with violence

This is the problem with most of us Nigerians, we don't believe in decorum.

Instead of that man disgracing himself publicly like that, why didn't he let the wife be aware of her atrocities while in the USA

If the man is not a beast, why will he wait to get to a lawless country before physically abusing the woman

If he didn't have any skeleton I. his cupboard, why was he afraid of the USA policemen

From all indications, it's obvious you possess the same traits with the man described here, because you didn't insult me for fear of being banned.

My advice..... turn a new leaf.

Lol....
Hypocrite. Did you not insult the man?

4 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by RiloKiley: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
Many women of this generation are highly ignorant of what makes a man tick.

You really think a man will simply start beating his wife in public at the airport for no reason. Simply because he is a wife beater?
Ok.

4 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by OmoAlata1(f): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
that guy is a foolish boy, if i was the wife, I will let him seize the passport and go to US embassy as soon as possible for a new one (it will most likely be a long process). I will take picture of injuries he caused and report him to US embassy and then report his stupiDD a$$ to the police as soon as I enter US.

9 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
This man and his family have been living in the U.S for several years and apparently, the wife had been mistreating him and he had to swallow all that because any small thing, the man will obviously be thrown in jail
Many of the ladies commenting apparently didn't take note of this or they just chose to ignore it so as to drive home their point.
Anyways, beating up a woman is bad under any circumstance, however women should try not to provoke their spouse to anger.
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by EfemenaXY: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Many of the ladies commenting apparently didn't take note of this or they just chose to ignore it so as to drive home their point.
Anyways, beating up a woman is bad under any circumstance, however women should try not to provoke their spouse to anger.

He didn't have to "swallow" anything.

He had two choices over there. Report her to the authorities or walked out of the union. It's not that hard to do, neither is doing the right thing rocket science.

OmoAlata1:
that guy is a foolish boy, if i was the wife, I will let him seize the passport and go to US embassy as soon as possible for a new one (it will most likely be a long process). I will take picture of injuries he caused and report him to US embassy and then report his stupiDD a$$ to the police as soon as I enter US.

Precisely.

She doesn't sound smart otherwise she wouldn't have had to demean herself grovelling and begging at the feet of a chronic wife beater.

Knowing her rights and what actions to take would go a long way in helping her out of that difficult situation.

5 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

He didn't have to "swallow" anything.

He had two choices over there. Report her to the authorities or walked out of the union. It's not that hard to do, neither is doing the right thing rocket science.

Precisely.

She doesn't sound smart otherwise she wouldn't have had to demean herself grovelling and begging at the feet of a chronic wife beater.

Knowing her rights and what actions to take would go a long way in helping her out of that difficult situation.
Did you miss the part that said that the wife is now remorseful?
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by EfemenaXY: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Did you miss the part that said that the wife is now remorseful?

Did you miss my second paragraph?

3 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Did you miss my second paragraph?
I did not. Now answer my question and while you at it do well to tell us what the words 'remorseful' and 'chronic' mean to you.
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
I couldn't even read the OP till the end. That man is an embarrassment.

And, no, she's not remorseful. She's only biding her time till they return to US soil. Then, Mr. Husband will smell his yansh.

Mumu man.

6 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Precisely.

And you feel you know better than the woman herself when it comes to handling her family ish?
You think aftr all her years in the US, she isn't more sophisticated than our Nigerian sisters threatening blue thunder if they were in her shoes, you'll think she doesn't know better ways to wash his ass and diss him for good?
It's bemusing how many who havent tasted marriage let alone marital strife are the ones going gung-ho on this matter.
marriage isn't rocket science, it's way beyond snapping fanciful pre-wedding pics

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by EfemenaXY: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

And you feel you know better than the woman herself when it comes to handling her family ish?
You think aftr all her years in the US, she isn't more sophisticated than our Nigerian sisters threatening blue thunder if they were in her shoes, you'll think she doesn't know better ways to wash his ass and diss him for good?
It's bemusing how many who havent tasted marriage let alone marital strife are the ones going gung-ho on this matter.
marriage isn't rocket science, it's way beyond snapping fanciful pre-wedding pics

If she were half as sophisticated as you claim her to be, she wouldn't have been beaten blue and black and publicly disgraced to the point she was "remorseful".

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Right on the money. I just tire for this Nairaland activists.
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by EfemenaXY: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I did not. Now answer my question and while you at it do well to tell us what the words 'remorseful' and 'chronic' mean to you.

Google them up yourself

That aside, your point is?
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Ranchhoddas: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Google them up yourself

That aside, your point is?
My point is that you might need to make a down-payment on a copy of Oxford Advanced Learners.

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by ronald4lif(m): 2:22am On Jul 27, 2016
OmoAlata1:

Finito. Ceasing her passport doesn't mean sh1t. She can always get a new one from US consulate in Lagos. Pics of evidence of violence taken to the consulate is also enough to nail him.

3 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by ronald4lif(m): 2:29am On Jul 27, 2016
Like someone pointed out already, her being remorseful may just be a calculated schema to have her passport returned until they get back to the States then she'll address his idiocy. He shouldn't lose his breath just yet.

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Askseek(f): 2:42am On Jul 27, 2016
mimiy05:
Fam, this is neither fiction or nollywood. This story is very real and it happened recently to a family close to ours.

Its common knowledge that women have a lot of power in the United States as there are laws that protect women there. This man and his family have been living in the U.S for several years and apparently, the wife had been mistreating him and he had to swallow all that because any small thing, the man will obviously be thrown in jail.

So, recently, they(the man and wife) came back to Nigeria, and immediately they landed and got down from the airplane, the man started beating up his wife hurling insults at her and seized her passport saying that he had been taking all her rubbish because he didn't want to go to jail but that this was Nigeria and there was nothing she could do.

People around had to hold the man and calm in down so he didn't end up killing the woman. When he explained why he beat her up, some people took the man's side and asked if they should help him and beat her while others advocated for peace saying it wasn't worth it, she is his wife and he should try and forgive her.

There is some serious peace meeting going on almost on a daily basis as the man is threatening to go back to the states without her. Already, he has already seized her passport. The wife is very remorseful and has promised to change.

My question now is was he right to have embarrassed himself and especially the wife in public? Yes, I can understand his anger but she is his wife no matter what and he should also think of their children.

Balderdash, if this story has an iota of truth then both husband and wife are stupid. The man had options if he was being abused. He chose not to explore them, and the woman, she must have foam for brains to come to Nigeria with a man you have been abusing for years; she comes back home to where he will have the upper hand and not know what her options are that she is either faking the remorse or stupid enough believe that because he took her passport she has no options. Too many holes.
Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2016
I want to believe the woman is not as bad as the husband had painted her..
If not he should know that there will be a return match in the States
Even with lost/stolen/missing passport she can still go back and whoop his ass....

That man should better go on his knees and beg her for such treatment.. No one deserves such

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by veave(f): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2016
ehen? its possible she wasnt really bad. just maybe the man is an abusive and troublesome type. some men... if you ignore them, fight. you answer them fight.

besides, if the woman was really bad, she would not have followed him to naija because she knows what he has done and she'll now what hes capable of doing...

all i see is a bully that was denied the freedom to exercise his prowess....

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by Onegai(f): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2016
RiloKiley:
Many women of this generation are highly ignorant of what makes a man tick.

You really think a man will simply start beating his wife in public at the airport for no reason. Simply because he is a wife beater?
Ok.

Yes, I believe so. One has no idea how lawless Nigeria is. Case in point: I boarded a plane at Heathrow and everyone queued up in an orderly manner to pass Immigration and final boarding. 6 hours later, those same people landed at Muritala Mohammed Airport and started jostling and fighting each other for space on the Immigration queue, to the point that one man loudly declared "I will slap you this woman! You don't have husband to give you training!" And the woman replied others "don't mind him!" And people had to step in and defuse the situation. Same people, different countries.

What stopped this man from tabling his grievance in the privacy of his house, with his family and her family there? Let the issue be sorted out properly. Instead he beat her in public. If that wife has a U.S. passport, she can still mess him up o. He won't be the first that had a wife who nursed a grudge and went back home to finish what he started. Violence has never solved anything in the long run.

6 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by crackhaus: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Timbuktou:
I couldn't even read the OP till the end. That man is an embarrassment.

And, no, she's not remorseful. She's only biding her time till they return to US soil. Then, Mr. Husband will smell his yansh.

Mumu man.
The man surely has a few loose screws if he couldn't wait till they got into the privacy of their home before descending on her...which is exactly what makes the story feel like a movie scene. cheesy

Did anyone else notice how most of the females commenting readily jumped on this story believing it to be true? cheesy
I remember a topic sometime last week where a woman was writing about how her ego and listening to the advise of her friends resulted in the failure of her marriage - notice how the majority of females there dismissed the story and called it fake? gringrin

https://www.nairaland.com/3231993/woman-lost-husband-due-ego

Pay notice to the females on that thread in the link above lambasting the OP... some of them are here right now swallowing and salivating on this story.. grin

For some reason (which I am completely aware of), these women will readily believe that someone will just disembark from a plane and without warning go on to beat his wife thoroughly RIGHT THERE IN THE AIRPORT WHERE THERE IS SECURITY... but they do not believe a topic about a repentant woman's pride/ego and how a women shouldn't always listen to advise given by their friends regarding marriage. cheesy

I'm not even going to call this story fake, but I'm just wondering which of the two stories seem more like something that would happen on a normal day.

3 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Have Done This? by oloyede252(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
crackhaus:

The man surely has a few loose screws if he couldn't wait till they got into the privacy of their home before descending on her...which is exactly what makes the story feel like a movie scene. cheesy

Did anyone else notice how most of the females commenting readily jumped on this story believing it to be true? cheesy
I remember a topic sometime last week where a woman was writing about how her ego and listening to the advise of her friends resulted in the failure of her marriage - notice how the majority of females there dismissed the story and called it fake? gringrin

https://www.nairaland.com/3231993/woman-lost-husband-due-ego

Pay notice to the females on that thread in the link above lambasting the OP... some of them are here right now swallowing and salivating on this story.. grin

For some reason (which I am completely aware of), these women will readily believe that someone will just disembark from a plane and without warning go on to beat his wife thoroughly RIGHT THERE IN THE AIRPORT WHERE THERE IS SECURITY... but they do not believe a topic about a repentant woman's pride/ego and how a women shouldn't always listen to advise given by their friends regarding marriage. cheesy

I'm not even going to call this story fake, but I'm just wondering which of the two stories seem more like something that would happen on a normal day.
lols some are even writing fake stories to add to the op..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Follow Her To The Church? / Are Women Weaker Vessels Indeed? / Describe This Husband...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.