Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (26103 Views)

Requirements For Installing Windows 10 Or Windows 8 Operating Sysem / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / I Can't Change My Screen Resolution After Installing Windows 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by illusionsbyafo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bro or is., my sys is 64bt and i instaled 64bt software
ITbomb:

If your system is 64bit are you sure you install the 64 bit OS? 32 bit OS may have issues going beyond 4 gb
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
illusionsbyafo:
Bro or is., my sys is 64bt and i instaled 64bt software
In that case, that one pass my power
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Candyrain(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

cheesy
Choi.

And I thought you liked me o.

Hahahaha
U know I do like u. Don't worry there are professionals here who will help resolve the issue. grin

How are u ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by mykeaji(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
makarios911:

Pls work me thru the AMD tingy update. I just upgraded n now my ba3 discharges like mad plus screen brightness won't go dim no matter what. How do I get the control Centre thing. Thanks.

first i downloaded driver talent that helps one download and identify missing drivers on Ur system. It works online so u will need to be connected. Just scan when Ur online and it will show u the missing drivers. AMD was missing in mine and I downloaded it. Then I added the driver manually from my computer after downloading.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
styless:
Windows 10 my foot! Just for cortana? I get doll baby for house. 8.1 rocks!
Is your system brightness reducing or increasing with 8.1? My own is static.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Vpleasure(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Codes151:
it's bette than 8. How upgrade n version matters
yes, it's better but without the bugs that come with it..

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
Am enjoying mine o, so beautiful and fast.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by dollyptosh(m): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Godbest:
I just upgraded to Windows 10 , after countless attempt. Now am seeing the greatest shocker ever. my pc is just black.
I have reboot, restart, shutdown and switch on again, yet no success the funniest thing is when booting it look ok, it even show me the window 10 logo and the password and login section. But immediately it enter Desktop everything just turn black.
I can't see anything on desktop. Chai this frustrating. who send me upgrade in the first place. Am finished,
Please who can help me out
lol. Very funny. I hope someone helps you out.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ja2ken(m): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pls, I ve not bn able to register mine after I upgraded to Windows 10, any solution??
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by XOGBADO(m): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
ITbomb:
After going through the thread on the Windows free upgrade deadline, I saw many complaints from people who installed the Windows and the others who were still skeptical.

To be honest, Windows 10 is the best Windows experience once everything has been set up and running

Let’s get straight to the issues.

First of all, you need to know basic information about your system.
Press Win+R and type in msinfo32 to launch the System information console and look for these items
a. Manufacturer
b. Model Number
c. Architecture ( 64 bit or 32 bit/86x) very important
d. RAM

These are the most important, other information are there

1. Download size and options

Yes, the download size is about 3.5 GB to get Windows 10 on your PC. Other additional installations/driver updates might take another 1 GB

Note: if you are upgrading from the Microsoft tool, make sure you have enough data (>4 GB) and a strong network otherwise any network interruption, even at 90%, you start afresh

Solution: Download a good Windows 10 ISO file with any Download Manager (which you can pause and resume at will), click here for the link or buy a DVD from a computer shop.

Source: http://www.ityunit.com/2016/07/windows-10-post-installation-issues-and.html

Please is this upgrading also for mobile phones?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Eshence: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
0MO na full testbook be dis ooooooo
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
XOGBADO:

Please is this upgrading also for mobile phones?
no, Windows 10 for mobile is for now just in beta (testing)
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by illusionsbyafo(m): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Surely going back to windows 7.... any help

ITbomb:

In that case, that one pass my power
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ibnzubair(m): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2016
ITbomb:
After going through the thread on the Windows free upgrade deadline, I saw many complaints from people who installed the Windows and the others who were still skeptical.

To be honest, Windows 10 is the best Windows experience once everything has been set up and running

Let’s get straight to the issues.

First of all, you need to know basic information about your system.
Press Win+R and type in msinfo32 to launch the System information console and look for these items
a. Manufacturer
b. Model Number
c. Architecture ( 64 bit or 32 bit/86x) very important
d. RAM

These are the most important, other information are there

1. Download size and options

Yes, the download size is about 3.5 GB to get Windows 10 on your PC. Other additional installations/driver updates might take another 1 GB

Note: if you are upgrading from the Microsoft tool, make sure you have enough data (>4 GB) and a strong network otherwise any network interruption, even at 90%, you start afresh

Solution: Download a good Windows 10 ISO file with any Download Manager (which you can pause and resume at will), click here for the link or buy a DVD from a computer shop.

Source: http://www.ityunit.com/2016/07/windows-10-post-installation-issues-and.html

I have issues with activation... It says not activated. Can you help?
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 1:20am On Jul 28, 2016
ibnzubair:

I have issues with activation... It says not activated. Can you help?
If you are on telegram, I will send you the software for activation @ityunit

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by bjprodint(f): 3:09am On Jul 28, 2016
I have issues with my sound on win 10. Any solutions please.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 28, 2016
Just bought two wifi dongles,wish I saw this thread first.

I'll try that network controller tomorow just to see how it play out.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by spoilerx: 6:07am On Jul 28, 2016
GoodMuyis:
Why installing Windows 10 when 2019 is closed by when Microsoft will release another stable version.

When MS release Vista many people think it will be stronger and better than Longhorn and XP, but its a woe until 3 years later Win7 fix earlier mistakes. In my Opinion Microsoft is yet to get it straight am waiting for he Next Windows higher than 10.

after the 29th of July you will have to pay for windows 10
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by spoilerx: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2016
Princetolu94:
Window 10 sucks. I Upgraded to window 10 twice n downgrade back to 8.1. After upgrading, Bluetooth won't work, SD card port not working, battery draining very fast, unable to increase or reduce screen brightness. F**k window 10

run windows update, it will update ur drivers
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by sniperwolf(m): 8:37am On Jul 28, 2016
ITbomb:
2. Display issues after installation

80% of the time, this is a common issue, icons becoming larger and funny looking

Solution:
Go to Device Manager (Shortcut: Win+R, then type devmgmt.msc in the RUN box and press enter or OK). Look for Display Adapter (probably with a yellow alert sign), right click on it and select “Update Driver”.
Then choose “Allow Windows to search for drivers automatically”. Make sure you are connected to the internet and wait for it to do its work.

3. WiFi not working

Same as above, still on the Device Manager, look for “Network Controller” (especially if it has a yellow alert icon) and update the drivers.

For some brands of PC, Windows might not be able to connect to the respective manufacturer’s site so you have to do it manually.
For HP users, just go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/ and search for your system model

Driver can't be updated

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2016
sniperwolf:

Driver can't be updated

You may have to download the driver manually, since you already know the name (Ralink), just go to the your system manufacturer site eg hp etc and search for it for your computer model
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by sniperwolf(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2016
ITbomb:

You may have to download the driver manually, since you already know the name (Ralink), just go to the your system manufacturer site eg hp etc and search for it for your computer model

Got this from HP site: "HP does not provide Windows 10 drivers on HP.com for HP computers sold prior to August 2013. Microsoft has made most of the component drivers for these products available via Device Manager once the product is running Windows 10 with an active Internet connection. To see if your HP computer was tested to work in Windows 10, go to Upgrade to Windows 10 (in English)."
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Codes151(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2016
illusionsbyafo:
I use a dell inspiron 14z 5432 i7 cool cool cool

So tell me why it should be having issues
trust me u shouldn't! Well. Don't know... but I could fix it up just a day! All id need is data. Have the files 10pro
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
sniperwolf:

Got this from HP site: "HP does not provide Windows 10 drivers on HP.com for HP computers sold prior to August 2013. Microsoft has made most of the component drivers for these products available via Device Manager once the product is running Windows 10 with an active Internet connection. To see if your HP computer was tested to work in Windows 10, go to Upgrade to Windows 10 (in English)."
You may need to roll back and wait till whenever you get a new PC, but that is strange cos I did a system upgrade for a pc bought in 2010.

Before you roll back, if you have up to 1 gb data, run Windows update. If windows doesn't see any driver from HP, it will look for the best match from the generic drivers
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by styless(f): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
SmithNL:
Is your system brightness reducing or increasing with 8.1? My own is static.
It's auto. Bright when power and dim when off power
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by XOGBADO(m): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2016
ITbomb:

no, Windows 10 for mobile is for now just in beta (testing)

Okay, tnx.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by makarios911: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thnx alot bro. I downloaded AMD and now screen dims. Pls have u solved the ba3 drain ish. Mine still discharges faster than wen I was on win 8.

mykeaji:
first i downloaded driver talent that helps one download and identify missing drivers on Ur system. It works online so u will need to be connected. Just scan when Ur online and it will show u the missing drivers. AMD was missing in mine and I downloaded it. Then I added the driver manually from my computer after downloading.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by illusionsbyafo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please come and fix me up .... 08121579294 on whatsapp please...
Codes151:
trust me u shouldn't! Well. Don't know... but I could fix it up just a day! All id need is data. Have the files 10pro
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by nadalion: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Guys please advice, I'm still running windows 8.1 on my laptop, will you advice i update to the windows 10? as in, is it stable yet cause i don't have gb to be updating the thing every week.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by khorlynz(m): 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
dollyptosh:
lol. Very funny. I hope someone helps you out.
do a system recovery
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by AKBliv010(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2016
nadalion:
Guys please advice, I'm still running windows 8.1 on my laptop, will you advice i update to the windows 10? as in, is it stable yet cause i don't have gb to be updating the thing every week.
Windows 10 is no longer free to upgrade as of 29th July. I've used Windows 10 since release and most bugs have be sorted. You can choose to defer updates and download and install at will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria / How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.