Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. (921 Views)

I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. / Deleted / Please Help, I'm About To Be Homeless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. by Talius(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2016
I am having an identity crisis.

I was born and given a name like every other person, but along the line I fell more in love with another and anointed myself so. I even tagged a surname along it. This was not because I was ashamed of myself or my root, but because I sincerely want to make a name for myself in my chosen career without favour or stigma associated with my inherited name.

Lately I've always found myself struggling over which name I should write in unofficial settings that require a full name.

A recent experience happened three weeks ago, when I wanted to open a LinkedIn account to usher myself into the business world. It took me using the search engine and other conscious deliberations to finally settle to use my birth name for a start (since a person isn't legally allowed to own more than one LinkedIn account).

Today I wanted to update my CV and I found myself in the same dilemma.

Is it normal? I'm I doing something wrong or right? This issue has been bugging me for long, but its become worse lately. I'm considering going for an official name change if something like that cuts in this country, even though I know my parents would definitely not welcome the idea.

Help a semi-worried brother.

Cc Lalasticlala , Obynoscopy , Ishilove
Re: Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. by Ranchhoddas: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Diagnosis: Multiple Personality Disorder.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. by njiasi30(f): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2016
Toor , ur case no b here oooh grin cheesy
Re: Help! I'm Having Conflict Of Identities. by Talius(m): 2:32am On Jul 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Diagnosis: Multiple Personality Disorder.

You think it's up to that level?

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma Of A Mother. / What Will You Do If Your Mum Was Slapped? / Am I Doing The Right Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.