Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo (1556 Views)

Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi- Photo Evidence / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo by presido1: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
@IYA NGBALI
Is like you have problem in comprehension
Re: Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo by IYANGBALI: 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2009
presido1:

@IYA NGBALI
Is like you have problem in comprehension
kai laugh wan kill me die presido no mind dem them think say you be IG cousin grin
Re: Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo by Beaf: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
must_a_far:

no be the same police force wey produce the ones before am produce am too? and una dey act like say una shock.

Our police will always remain true to checkpoint and egunje mentality.
Re: Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi-photospeak For Police IG Onovo by Gbawe: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2009
presido1:

Oga Gbawe, Lawyers are ethical liars just like we have ethical hackers in the IT world, its not a crime as that is what they are trained to do. Its professional mate. Dispute my findings and forget about the lawyer issue.

I don't have to . Onovo said Ribadu never came to Nigeria. He asked for photographic evidence. He recieved it and has now accepted that he was wrong and that Ribadu indeed visited Nigeria. You should graciously forget your argument about sunshine and accept also that Ribadu came to Nigeria as the "liar" Femi Falana asserted.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=154872

Onovo: Don’t Blame Police for Ribadu’s Visit
•NPF shuts illegal Police website
By Eugene Agha, Godwin Ifijeh and Idowu Sowunmi, 09.19.2009

Following the publication of the photographs of the visit of the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu to the country last week, the Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Onovo yesterday said questions on the visit should be directed to the Nigeria Immigration Service.
Also yesterday, the Police announced that a fake website opened in its name by some “unscrupulous” persons has been shut.
Onovo had on Thursday while responding to a question on why the Police did not arrest Ribadu during the visit, claimed that the report of the visit was a lie and challenged journalists to make public, photographs of Ribadu while he was in the country.
Many newspapers eventually published the photographs of the visit yesterday.
Onovo in response said that question about Ribadu’s entry into the country ought to be directed to the Nigerian Immigration Service.
“I am not the immigration at the airport and you know who to ask those questions. Ribadu’s issue is not what is worrying me right now.
“I am in Abuja and not in Lagos and we should not paint a picture that anybody can sneak into the country without notice. This is our country and we must not destroy it. I know that this is going to make headlines tomorrow. You have to be careful on how you report issues about Ribadu’s visit.”
The former EFCC boss sneaked into the country last week and visited the family of late Gani Fawehinmi to pay his condolence. He also granted interviews to some journalists.
Lagos-based lawyer, Femi Falana yesterday questioned the rationale behind the IGP’s utterances, saying “why was it the business of the IGP to express doubt over Ribadu’s visit?”
He said: “Under ECOWAS Protocol on free movement of persons and goods within West Africa, there is nothing to hold immigration responsible for. Even under the most fascist of the military dictators, we travelled in and out of the country without passing through the airport.”
Recalling an incident involving late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti and him, Falana said there was a time the duo was arrested for “illegally travelling” out of the country.
“The immigration handed us to the State Security Services (SSS), which said we had committed no offence. Then the SSS sent us to the police and the police could not find any offence against us. Inspite of this, we were sent back to the police, who detained us illegally for one week and at the end of the day we were granted bail. In fact late Gani Fawehinmi stood as surety for both of us and that was the end of the matter. That was under a dictatorship.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbc: Corpses Litter Enugu Hospital / Nigerians Dont Comment On Yar'uda's Illness----pastor W. Kumuyi / Enemies Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.