Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

JAMB Screening And 15 Possible Questions You May Likely Come Across - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Screening And 15 Possible Questions You May Likely Come Across (2995 Views)

LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices / 15 Possible Questions You May Come Across During Your Screening Exercise / Reliable And Accurate, JAMB SCREENING CALCULATOR. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Screening And 15 Possible Questions You May Likely Come Across by withmasterpiece(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Since the scrapping of our dear and beloved PUTME,Nigerians,most importantly,Jambites have been thrown into a state confusion as to what the new Admission criteria will be.The newly introduced modalities for admission into tertiary institutions has left us even more confused.Right now,JAMB is confused,Jambites are confused, ASUU is confused,the federal government is confused,admission is inconclusive,even me writing this piece,I am even more confused.

The problem is simply not the scrapping of PUTME,it is the fact that the new  policy/admission criteria/modality put in place is slow,cumbersome and  not properly formulated,expressed and it just may not come to reality if this crisis prolong further.

Although some institutions has conducted their 'exam less Screening' just as the federal government and JAMB had stated in the new modality and are just about rounding up the admission list,but even aspirants who chose these schools  do not know what criteria they were judged and awarded points in the screening process was based on.

Come to think of it,out of the top 5 federal varsities in Nigeria,only OAU has officially opened a screening portal for it's aspirants,does it mean others are sleeping or simply observing? While aspirants of others in the 'BIG 5' awaits screening and the difference in procedures each screening will bring,I seriously think if this new admission process should stand,a school like UNILAG will simply make admission very strict for it's aspirants knowing that the pressure and demand is huge for a rather average capacity of admission space.

Aspirants who preferred one of these so called 'BIG 5' are advised to prepare very well just in case they decide to screen students out with tough questions.They are also advised to get the necessary credentials ready. 

Below are 15 questions I came across and decided to share that will aid students preparations.

15 Possible questions you may likely come across during your Jamb screening exercise:

1.your full name(Your name must be stated the exact way it is written in your O’level certificate).

Interviewer2. Which course did you apply for?Possible replysadDon’t tell them the course you wish for, tell them the course you applied for).

Interviewer:3. What position do you prefer on a team working ona project?Possible reply (DE students):If I’m the team leader it will give me the opportunity using my leadership skills that I have learnt with years. I can also do a well as a team member my skills will help to encourage my mates..

Interviewer:4. Can you recite your O’level and the grades, off hand?Possible reply:If you sit for the exam yourself you must know the result off hand).

Interviewer:5. How do you see yourself in five years from now?Possible reply:I see myself as a successful graduate of (Compute Science), University of…..

Interviewer:6. Do you consider yourself successful?Possible reply:Not yet. That’s why I’m here to perform well and I know I will and that’s when I can say I’m successful..

Interviewer:7. What’s the reason behind choosing this schoolPossible reply:As a standard school, I believe this is the right placefor me to be. Both academically and character wise,I’d be ready to take up any challenge in the outside world after 4/5 years here..

Interviewer:8. What irritates you about your fellow studentsPossible reply:I believe in oneness if I find anything irritating, I avoid it unless it personally affects me.

Interviewer:9. When did you finish your Secondary School?Possible replysadBe very sure the year you will mention corresponds with the one on ....
Read More via http://withmasterpiece..in/2016/07/jamb-accept.html

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2018/2019 Brochure And Syllabus For Utme/direct Entry / Admission / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.