Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death (13696 Views)

How Do I Get Rid Of Acnes Caused By Sex? Please Help! / The World Hepatitis Day: 10 Things You Should Know Now! / World Hepatitis Day;brief Look At Hepatitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Tellemall: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
LateBloomer:

It's okay to just POLITELY add your two cents.

And where was it IMPOLITE?

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by tspunk(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for the awareness info. Lost some dear to me to the same virus. sad
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by sbabimbola(f): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
Deadly disease, Only few knows about it existence, only few have tested for it Do an Hepatitis test today and encourage others to do same, that constant headache, fever, stomach ache Could be as a result of Hepatitis B, go for testing, it is not m than 4000 naira. The earlier treatment is started, th better.... so I heard.

It's even cheaper in government hospitals.
LET'S FIGHT THE VIRUS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by applecore(m): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
NairaMaster1:
Transmission of hepatitis B through sex is very minimal. But be careful

Don't say what you don't know, especially on a platform like this. TRANSMISSION OF HEPATITIS B THROUGH SEX IS NOT VERY MINIMAL!

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by aljpimp(m): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
leo1234:

Which clinic is that?
the private clinic inside general hospital along that awka road.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by mickool(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good one OP pls ooo ..what are the symptoms and signs of Hepatitis A? What is the difference between HPA,B,C? How can one be tested for HPB? Is the test conducted same as HIv,Malaria ? How can one get tested for staphiliccacus or stiphily? Thanks u
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Fools!!!

There is no such thing as meta-physical powers
baboon parents destroyed 5 lives
rubbish!
All because of non-existence powers
and the dindinrin herbalist too thinks he's endowed with powers.
Fools.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by porshuch: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:
How sure are you that the hepatitis was gotten from a razor used 42 years earlier? Why and how did they all incubate this same hepatitis for decades, if at all that is true? Where is this special razor blade and the results from tests carried out on it?

The hepatitis could have been caught some time recently and perhaps bad drinking habits caused it to surface. Hepatitis is contagious and so people who share drinks and food can infect themselves with it. If it's more contagious than HIV then toilet use is a way in which it is spread(urine left on toilet seats, etc). Hepatitis can also be gotten from poorly washed fruits, too.

I believe more hepatitis awareness is needed. As a medical personnel, who says it's a cheap test, why doesn't the author encourage people to do it by actually stating the current price range?
yes the virus can survive for years outside the body, unlike hiv virus that dies few minutes when exposed. Hepatiti b is more" deadlier" than hiv. Go and take the vaccine, it can be prevented, unlike hiv that have no vaccine. Prevention is better than cure.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by LateBloomer: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:

And where was it IMPOLITE?

You know.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by DonaTee(f): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:
How sure are you that the hepatitis was gotten from a razor used 42 years earlier? Why and how did they all incubate this same hepatitis for decades, if at all that is true? Where is this special razor blade and the results from tests carried out on it?

The hepatitis could have been caught some time recently and perhaps bad drinking habits caused it to surface. Hepatitis is contagious and so people who share drinks and food can infect themselves with it. If it's more contagious than HIV then toilet use is a way in which it is spread(urine left on toilet seats, etc). Hepatitis can also be gotten from poorly washed fruits, too.

I believe more hepatitis awareness is needed. As a medical personnel, who says it's a cheap test, why doesn't the author encourage people to do it by actually stating the current price range?

Hepatitis frm poorly washed fruits is likely hepatitis A or E wich has a feco oral mode of transmission. Of course d fruit can get contaminated frm poor hygiene or pple defecating indiscriminately on farms

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by DonaTee(f): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Vaccination should be made for infants and it must be compulsory, adults should get tested and if the result is negative, they should go for vaccination, if positive, treatments should start immediately.

More awareness is needed for Hepatitis.

its part of babies immunization schedule. Problem is some pple still dont immunize deir baby even though its free.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:

Sorry, are you sure you ARE medical personnel? You should be able to differentiate between Hep A, which is transmitted as you said via oro-fecal route and causes acute but treatable Hepatitis and Hep B and C which are transmitted PRIMARILY via BLOOD AND BODY FLUIDS exchange (very similar to HIV transmission) and can remain dormant for years till a trigger causes the irreparable inflammation and cirrhosis of the Liver as reported in the article.

SO please review your comment again
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Tellemall: 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
josh4ever:

Sorry, are you sure you ARE medical personnel? You should be able to differentiate between Hep A, which is transmitted as you said via oro-fecal route and causes acute but treatable Hepatitis and Hep B and C which are transmitted PRIMARILY via BLOOD AND BODY FLUIDS exchange (very similar to HIV transmission) and can remain dormant for years till a trigger causes the irreparable inflammation and cirrhosis of the Liver as reported in the article.

SO please review your comment again

Review the comment? You should read again. Then attack me for being a medical personnel.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Tellemall: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
LateBloomer:

You know.

Keep hallucinating.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by dadaijboy: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ok
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by professore(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
Create the awareness.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Coolgent(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Vaccination should be made for infants and it must be compulsory, adults should get tested and if the result is negative, they should go for vaccination, if positive, treatments should start immediately.

More awareness is needed for Hepatitis.
There is vaccination for infants but its very expensive 100k per injection and an infant need 2.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by opeaceo: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
Coolgent:

There is vaccination for infants but its very expensive 100k per injection and an infant need 2.

Is it that expensive?? If yes, then it must be heavily subsidised.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by opeaceo: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
DonaTee:

its part of babies immunization schedule. Problem is some pple still dont immunize deir baby even though its free.

it's not included in the immunization schedule for government owned hospital.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by jesusjewel1(f): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:

Sickness here and there...
Lord, guide me, my family members, friends and my loved ones(home and abroad) from all form of ailments.
I never signed an agreement on we having any form of sickness...
And in You, there's Sound health in abundance.
Grant to us all...
Nairalanders (both members and guests)....
This and many more I ask through Christ my Lord -----Amen.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by omostar: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:

It is free in government hospitals. My kids took theirs both in Ilorin and Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by opeaceo: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
omostar:

It is free in government hospitals. My kids took theirs both in Ilorin and Ibadan.

That's an improvement then.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Godwin616: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
OP thanks for the awareness creation. And to the medical personnel in the house,please help us with educative contribution that will add vallue rather than attacking one another's comment that's becoming a trend among NLanders. This is a very serious ailment that requires aggressive public enlightment just the way HIV was given top attention.
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by leo1234(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
aljpimp:

the private clinic inside general hospital along that awka road.
Do you mean the diagnostic centre (The Sun) ?
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by aljpimp(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
leo1234:
Do you mean the diagnostic centre (The Sun) ?
yeah exactly the sun...very close to igwe's palace....have u been there before
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by haymoney01(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
I thought they said virus don't die... How is it curable then? Someone pls enlighten me as I av someone infected already
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by naijafresh: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tellemall:

There are different types of hepatitis, the hepatitis you refer to from poorly washed fruits, food and drink etc is usually Hepatitis A or even hepatitis E and is very common in socially disadvantaged environments with poor sanitation.

You can't get hepatitis B from a toilet seat and you can only get hepatitis A from a toilet if you do not wash your hands after using the toilet!

You can indeed contract hepatitis B and be unaware for several years as it is a chronic infection, if all siblings are infected with hepatitis B, then from the story given, this is a very plausible route of infection.

However, the lesson to be learned from the story however true it may be is gained by taking away increased awareness of hepatitis B and the usual routes of infection and not to be distracted by challenging the authenticity of the content.

No one really knows how a lot of people contract hepatitis B as it is a silent infection that can lie dormant for years and 85-90% of people who contract the virus actually clear the virus from the body naturally through their immune system. When you are contract tracing or looking for a likely source you are only stating the most likely route of infection not the 100% definite route of infection unless you had blood tests done before and after which showed your status before and after the supposed infective event. Only healthcare personnel usually can be in this category as they get tested in modern healthcare facilities

NJF
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by naijafresh: 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
mickool:
Good one OP pls ooo ..what are the symptoms and signs of Hepatitis A? What is the difference between HPA,B,C? How can one be tested for HPB? Is the test conducted same as HIv,Malaria ? How can one get tested for staphiliccacus or stiphily? Thanks u

The most common sign of hepatitis (which means inflammation of the liver) is jaundice or yellow eyes and general malaise, some stages of hepatitis do not have jaundice as a feature and jaundice is a sign of an acute infection where the body's immune system is fighting to suppress the virus and is mounting a robust immune response hence the jaundice and ill health.

In some cases of Hepatitis B and practically all cases of Hepatitis A, the body can actually rid the body of the virus and all that remains is a natural immunity to future infections.

You hepatitis status can be determined by blood tests which if interpreted correctly can reveal current infection or previous exposure/infection

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by naijafresh: 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
haymoney01:
I thought they said virus don't die... How is it curable then? Someone pls enlighten me as I av someone infected already

Viruses don't die in the sense that they continue to replicate ie increase in number in the immune system. But a single virus particle can be killed by heat, UV light, irradiation and antiviral agents etc depending on whether it is in the body or on a surface like a table top. You obviously can't expose your self to irradiation in order to kill a virus inside you etc.

In the human body, you can either suppress a virus completely with drugs in order for the natural immune system to get rid of it as in the case of Hepatitis C and the new drugs now available or suppress it sufficiently to reduce the inflammation in the liver and prevent the progression to cirrhosis and liver cancer
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Coolgent(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Yes it is, but alternatively half dose can be injected at the rate of 50k.
I knew through a friend
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by prettyjo(f): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Coolgent:

Dats a very big lie my dear.the vaccine is not up to 100k .don't believe in wat a friend said.I work in a hospital so I know wat am saying
Re: World Hepatitis Day 2016: How His Parents Caused His Death by Coolgent(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
prettyjo:

Dats a very big lie my dear.the vaccine is not up to 100k .don't believe in wat a friend said.I work in a hospital so I know wat am saying
God bless u sister.
Kindly furnish me with info about it because i just mislead someone with what i heard from a friend.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage / Lassa Fever Outbreak In Rivers, Two Confirmed Dead / What Are The Side Effects Of The Use Of Shaving Cream Or Shaving Powder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.