Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. (24289 Views)

Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN / HIV VS UNEMPLOYMENT! WHICH IS DEADLY? / Hypertension Is Deadly . Please Lets Prevent This . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Kaizeshoze12345: 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hmm, Just thinking out aloud.
If the 400 million people around the world dont know they have it, how did the writer or whatever organisation that decided to tag them as hepatitis positive know they have it and that this is their number? thinking aloud o. oya tell me how did you know they are positive before testing them?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
truth12:

it has no symptoms.

Tell me you are joking? How will a disease like this that can wipe the existence of mankind without any prior notice has no media coverage.

This is a terrible disease oh. May God help us
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Microflux:

No. I withdrew
kk boss....
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nickymezor(f): 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
Awareness na d koko... Tnx fr d info OP... gonna do d test one of these days... My bro once had it sm yrs bk
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Abodunrin07(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dhz is serious
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Very insightful post
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by truth12(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
If you have forms of hepatitis that are usually chronic (hepatitis B and C), you may not have symptoms in the beginning. Symptoms may not occur until liver damage occurs. Signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis appear quickly. They include: fatigue flu-like symptoms dark urine pale stool abdominal pain loss of appetite unexplained weight loss yellow skin and eyes, which may be signs of jaundice Since chronic hepatitis develops slowly, these signs and symptoms may be too subtle to notice.

3 Likes

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Iceman296: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
truth12:
If you have forms of hepatitis that are usually
chronic (hepatitis B and C), you may not have
symptoms in the beginning. Symptoms may not
occur until liver damage occurs.
Signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis appear
quickly. They include:
fatigue
flu-like symptoms
dark urine
pale stool
abdominal pain
loss of appetite
unexplained weight loss
yellow skin and eyes, which may be signs
of jaundice
Since chronic hepatitis develops slowly, these
signs and symptoms may be too subtle to notice.

Thats why its important people get tested and be Aware.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Abodunrin07(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Go tested oh
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Abodunrin07(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Go get tested oh
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by TeeFeh(f): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
May God help us and who sponsored the testing?na tecno?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Ana5000(f): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
TeeFeh:
May God help us and who sponsored the testing?na tecno?

Tecno is doing well for the community. That's good.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by charlsecy(m): 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
4dor:
...I just had my own tests last week, all negative.
Is it one test for all variants of Hepatitis, or series of tests to detect the presence/absence of each one.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by ojac1: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
How much? U dey sell?
MansaMoussa:
Ok yeah, you just got tested and you've got HepB or C....Can you afford Pegylated Interferon?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by yinka360nl1: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good it is curable. Thumbs up to Tecno for the program
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
I tested positive about 9yrs ago and am very healthy... Have a wife and son that are both free from the virus......
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by omoalajah(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Y'all go get yourselves tested
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by 4dor: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
charlsecy:
Is it one test for all variants of Hepatitis, series of tests to detect the presence/absence of each one.

I'm not sure, what I know is that they took my blood once and said they were going to test for the various types of hepatitis.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by gingerman876: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
You too nko?
omoalajah:
Y'all go get yourselves tested
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by 360koncepts: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice initiative from Tecno to raise awareness

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Habeyy(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
is it curable
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by 1stallon(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:
I tested positive about 9yrs ago and am very healthy... Have a wife and son that are both free from the virus......
how did you go about the treatment? I heard its not curable
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Feraz(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
truth12:
If you have forms of hepatitis that are usually
chronic (hepatitis B and C), you may not have
symptoms in the beginning. Symptoms may not
occur until liver damage occurs.
Signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis appear
quickly. They include:
fatigue
flu-like symptoms
dark urine
pale stool
abdominal pain
loss of appetite
unexplained weight loss
yellow skin and eyes, which may be signs
of jaundice
Since chronic hepatitis develops slowly, these
signs and symptoms may be too subtle to notice.
I first fear when you say no symptoms because I know it has similar symptoms with malaria and typhoid which is why I guess people who do not diagnose it early enough die.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by thedio(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
yinka360nl1:
Good it is curable. Thumbs up to Tecno for the program
its incurable thou ur hormone can fight it @ acute stage(1st 6months) after that im sorry....

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by obulla(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:

Good to know. So how was the treatment carried out cos I learnt it's quite expensive and getting the drugs are quite difficult as they aren't readily available. Is that true? Anyone with answers to these questions?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by adesipe(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
thatkindthing:
Hmmmm.

Please what are the signs/symptoms of this sickness?
the symptoms of infectious hepatitis include flu-like illness e.g. Fatigues, aches, pains, mild fever, loss of appetite abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Most serious cases include dark coloured urine . The best way to prevent hepatitis is proper hygiene(preventive against hepatitis A) SCREENING of blood products, vaccination(preventive against HA). Avoidance of alcohol and contact with body fluids of infected people. LFT(liver function test) is done to measure the extent of liver dysfunction. glutathione supplements are also used to improve the immune system e.g. Immunocal.
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEPATITIS

A: Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver. The condition can be self-limiting or can progress to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis or liver cancer. Hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis in the world but other infections, toxic substances (e.g. alcohol, certain drugs), and autoimmune diseases can also cause hepatitis.

There are 5 main hepatitis viruses, referred to as types A, B, C, D and E. These 5 types are of greatest concern because of the burden of illness and death they cause and the potential for outbreaks and epidemic spread. In particular, types B and C lead to chronic disease in hundreds of millions of people and, together, are the most common cause of liver cirrhosis and cancer.

Hepatitis A and E are typically caused by ingestion of contaminated food or water. Hepatitis B, C and D usually occur as a result of parenteral contact with infected body fluids. Common modes of transmission for these viruses include receipt of contaminated blood or blood products, invasive medical procedures using contaminated equipment and for hepatitis B transmission from mother to baby at birth, from family member to child, and also by sexual contact.

Acute infection may occur with limited or no symptoms, or may include symptoms such as jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes), dark urine, extreme fatigue, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

Q: What are the different hepatitis viruses?

A: Scientists have identified 5 unique hepatitis viruses, identified by the letters A, B, C, D, and E. While all cause liver disease, they vary in important ways.

Hepatitis A virus (HAV) is present in the faeces of infected persons and is most often transmitted through consumption of contaminated water or food. Certain sex practices can also spread HAV. Infections are in many cases mild, with most people making a full recovery and remaining immune from further HAV infections. However, HAV infections can also be severe and life threatening. Most people in areas of the world with poor sanitation have been infected with this virus. Safe and effective vaccines are available to prevent HAV.

Hepatitis B virus (HBV) is transmitted through exposure to infective blood, semen, and other body fluids. HBV can be transmitted from infected mothers to infants at the time of birth or from family member to infant in early childhood. Transmission may also occur through transfusions of HBV-contaminated blood and blood products, contaminated injections during medical procedures, and through injection drug use. HBV also poses a risk to healthcare workers who sustain accidental needle stick injuries while caring for infected-HBV patients. Safe and effective vaccines are available to prevent HBV.

Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is mostly transmitted through exposure to infective blood. This may happen through transfusions of HCV-contaminated blood and blood products, contaminated injections during medical procedures, and through injection drug use. Sexual transmission is also possible, but is much less common. There is no vaccine for HCV.

Hepatitis D virus (HDV) infections occur only in those who are infected with HBV. The dual infection of HDV and HBV can result in a more serious disease and worse outcome. Hepatitis B vaccines provide protection from HDV infection.

Hepatitis E virus (HEV) is mostly transmitted through consumption of contaminated water or food. HEV is a common cause of hepatitis outbreaks in developing parts of the world and is increasingly recognized as an important cause of disease in developed countries. Safe and effective vaccines to prevent HEV infection have been developed but are not widely available.

Bottom line is; Hepatitis is more like a rare liver disease caused by a parasitc organism which attacks the liver. This alone makes it very deadly

Note: Don't quote me plz, I am not a doctor make I nor go prescribe Ogogoro mixed with goat feaces for you. I only did my home work cool
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
If it has no symptoms, how does it kill ?

What organs of the body does it affect ?

Okay, noted ^^^^
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Penaldo: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Chai... Another disease again?
Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by Penaldo: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
des4ella:
Thank God for your family o

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
obulla:

Good to know. So how was the treatment carried out cos I learnt it's quite expensive and getting the drugs are quite difficult as they aren't readily available. Is that true? Anyone with answers to these questions?
Yeah its expensive. was told it can only be manage and not cured. I had to travel to Lagos for a particular drug that was sold for about 7k for 10tablets and its for my liver function alone. To God be the Glory without the drug, my liver is very fine.

1 Like

Re: Hepatitis Is Deadly, Get Tested To Be Sure You Don't Have It. A Must Read. by des4ella(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
1stallon:
how did you go about the treatment? I heard its not curable
Traditional medicine and locally made stuff. Am very OK and I hardly fall sick.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! / Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? / Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.