Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary (37676 Views)

Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / 19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by knostbrown01(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Erstwhile Nigerian Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and her husband, Ikemba Iweala are celebrating their 37th wedding anniversary today. 

The couple have 4 children. Their son,Uzodimma Iweala, the author of the novel 'Beasts of No Nation'.took to his Instagram today, to celebrate his parents.

"Happy 37 years of marriage to my wonderful parents who seem to have taken this whole kids out of the house thing extra serious." he wrote "My siblings and I just get selfies of them now with captions like Enjoying watching President Obama speak at the #dncconvention. Okay oooo! Enjoyment! I couldn't ask for more wonderful
parents or a more perfect example of how you live through life's triumphs and challenges with someone you love. Happy Anniversary! And please take me with you on your next trip"
Source:
http://freedomnewsng..co.ke/2016/07/okonjo-iweala-and-husband-ikemba.html?m=1:

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by knostbrown01(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lalasticlala, let's celebrate with Her

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by ammyluv2002(f): 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Celebration of great love! This woman is truly a woman of substance.

Congratulations Ma....God will continue to keep your home

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by 2eggs1goal: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ladies of nowadays should take note, thats how things are done and not by changing men every year. enough said.!!!!

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by veekid(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
Rich intelligent women

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by judecares1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lets join hands n celebrate d woman behind nigeria economy

22 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by valiantheartprod(f): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
that's my role model

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Yeesh(f): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
They don old o..May God protect then always. This is nice and worthy of emulation!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by canDy4eva(f): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
I tap frm ur grace ma!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Sunofgod(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
I pity the man....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by iamkingzlee(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
E no easy! Happy Anniversary, continue to grow in Love!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Jombojombo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
That's our mummy... The best Economist so far in Nigeria and Africa at large.

Zombies (Afonjas) over to you tongue

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by micronut(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Love life of a quiet Medical Doctor and his renowned Economist wife.. Happy Marriage Anniversary.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Kaybee14(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
That's nice. Wishing them more happy & fruitful years ahead together.
Happy Wedding Anniversary!

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by martin1772(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by dannyben5: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm...grey love...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Ariyojoel(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
gud day 2 u all, Hey.... can anyone got a copy of the technical function specific assessment test of dragnet or any of dere pass question of NBC aptitude test? shl pls send it 2 my mail joe2rich4live87@gmail.com
Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Jombojombo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sunofgod:
I pity the man....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
smiley
Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by solpat(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wishing them many more years ahead in their marriage

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Sultanchidi(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Happy celebration d great woman of Africa

ZOMBIES wil av heart attack seeing NOI always progressing

ZOMBIES pls get a rope and do d needful to urselves

26 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by YoursGEJ(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Is it just me or has this picture been posted on NL before
Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Oluwabusobomi(f): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mummy we love you

10 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by MrImole: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Congratulations Aunty

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by dosantos: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
So 4 all dis while where is husband,y his wife is runing otory wit jonah in aso rock,as for dis mariage get question mark,wen she dey abuja dem no celebrate,4 once. So after d loot nah gbedu nonsense. anyway nah dia busines.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Sultanchidi(m): 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sunofgod:
I pity the man....
Y? Oh sorry i forgot

U ar a classified ZOMBIE

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by omooba969(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nigerians always celebrate mediocrity, making subject out of meaningless arrangement.

Nigerians & short memory are like 22, they have suddenly forgotten the kind of wish-wash economy NOI, GEJ & the crew presided over dishing out positive figures in economic reports & giving gullible Nigerians false sense of security.

cheesy cheesy cheesy...laughing in Chinese!

Here we are praising this criminal who definitely partook in mismanaging & looting of our treasury. Someone like NGOZI IWEALA should by now be answering questions before Economic Crime Panels on her fvckn role in govt.

Right now we have bunch of empty heads in power again who cannot even turn things around, only playing politics of envy. Sense of urgency on alleviating the sufferings on Nigerians seem not to be on the agenda ATM.

We Nigerians are surely the architect of our own misery...suffering & smiling! cool

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Sultanchidi(m): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
dosantos:
So 4 all dis while where is husband,y his wife is runing otory wit jonah in aso rock,as for dis mariage get question mark,wen she dey abuja dem no celebrate,4 once. So after d loot nah gbedu nonsense. anyway nah dia busines.
u ar too young to av heart attack, pretend as if u didn't c dis thread. Cus so many wil commit suicide bcus NOI is always above dem

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by Category1: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
[b][size=13pt]may the God of Abraham, Isaac,Jacob,shedrach,Michak,abadinego(mind my spelling grin),Joseph,the most holy catholic,who created heaven and earth,who says this country won't fall upon all the looting here and there, who have been seeing us and our families through, who have kept a lot marriages strong and lasting,who put buhari in sit so that they won't be blood shed if the almighty gej accepts defeat,the God who didn't allow boko haram ravage the north east,the God who have always kept my mother strong since I lost my father 11years ago,he who have been seeing my sisters and brother through all their lives,the God who made a great minister's marriage last for good 37years will never pass the newly married and about to marry by, we shall celebrate our 90th wedding anniversary even with walking sticks, the God of elijah will never make anyone of us regret our marriages, the God of Abraham will bear us great children...they will prosper in future and they will live up to what we brought them to this world for,they will never make us regret, they shall remember us even when we become great grand parents in mighty name of JESUS AMEN! [/size][/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by dosantos: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
U are a notorious slave,muckey lizard.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala And Ikemba Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary by LaRochelle(f): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
This woman isn't exactly my role model but there are some things I admire about her (and her husband).

First, she is an intelligent woman (it doesn't matter if you agree or not).

Second, she and her husband have been together for thirty-seven good years.

Third, she (and her husband) gave their children the best of education. I read one time all of them attended Harvard. I know you know that Harvard's acceptance rate is quite low...which brings me to the fourth point.

Fourth, she passed on her good brains to her children (I mean, judging by the Harvard thing-y).

Happy 37th anniversary, ma'am. I wish you and your husband more happy years together.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law / 20 Persons Killed In Suleja Flood / Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.