Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos (64445 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by stephenduru: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2018
Former Minister of Finance Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's son tied the knot traditionally few days ago in Abia State.In attendance were  Dr. Alhaji Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa and others.

See photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/01/okonjo-iweala-son-weds-traditionally-in.html?m=1

Traditional wedding of Okonjo-Iweala’s son to Chinua Achebe’s granddaughter (Photos)

The traditional wedding ceremony between Uchechi, the medical doctor son of former finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Chioma Achebe, the granddaughter of the late literary icon Prof. Chinua Achebe, recently held in Umuahia, Abia State.

Uchechi Iweala is a Harvard-trained scholar having graduated from the Harvard Medical School in 2014. He works in Washington, DC and specializes in Orthopaedic Surgery.

Chioma Achebe is also a graduate of Harvard Law and Business school and works as a consultant at Boston Consulting Group (BSG), Washington D.C.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.lailasblog.com/photos-traditional-wedding-okonjo-iwealas-son-chinua-achebes-granddaughter/amp/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by dafeyankee: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2018
I no understand.

Why is Bafarawa playing the role of the Dad here?and if the wedding was held in Abia, how come I am seeing more Babariga and Danshiki than any Igbo traditional wear?

I get it. They refused to invite the Igbo's.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by stephenduru: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by stephenduru: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2018

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by KushyKush: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2018
Where them dey see all these pretty girls sef?

10 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by agwom(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Good! Happy marriage life.

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by emerich(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2018
When did Abia state turn to Kano state?
Is it that she don't have loyalist from the southeast...
Just imagine the way the Fulani's came to fecilitate and reckon with her, while her kinsmen deserted her.
An Hausa man is a loyal friend...

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2018
KushyKush:
Where them dey see all these pretty girls sef?
Outside 9ja

6 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by dominique(f): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2018
Why so many northerners? Was the wedding held in Abia state or Sokoto? undecided

Wishing the couple happy married life, I love their simplicity

53 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by bedspread: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2018
IGBO AMAKA

13 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Africonji: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2018
What is this? Why Aboki everywhere? Anyway Happy Married Life.

9 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 02, 2018
This brilliant boy thar wrote the book Beast of no nation

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by IamLaura(f): 11:38am On Jan 02, 2018
Forget the stereotypes
Northerners are one of the most loyal friends anybody can have,they will never betray you if they consider you their own.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by deco22(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2018
emerich:
When did Abia state turn to Kano state?
Is it that she don't have loyalist from the southeast...
Just imagine the way the Fulani's came to fecilitate and reckon with her, while her kinsmen deserted her.
An Hausa man is a loyal friend...
So because she is from the East she can't invite Hausa dignitaries to her son's wedding again plus do you even know if the girl he is marrying is an Hausa lady.

Tribalist.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by AlienRobot: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
Iron lady's son weds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by emerich(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
Exactly my thought though...
Simplicity at its finest...
Can't seem to find any key functionaries in attendance...
dominique:
Why so many northerners? Was the wedding held in Abia state or Sokoto? undecided

Wishing the couple happy married life, I love their simplicity

5 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by temptnow: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
That's not her son, fake news everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by fergie001: 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
Do not know if true?
Think I saw this somewhere,that her son married Chinua Achebe's granddaughter!

But won't be surprised people are asking why more Northerners,ask herself and her husband how many times he,she or they visited Abia whilst she was Minister.
She married from my community in Umuahia,and I can tell you that her achievement there was constructing a tarred road to her husband's compound(since she is from Delta State).
Many times she was met,jobs,land for development,skill acquisition,scholarships,all cos 90°.
She was Minister of Finance(twice),Minister of Foreign affairs for a short stint but come to that community,you will never believe a councillor has passed through there.
Nobody said you should share money but empower people,no way.
So,I am vehemently opposed to a Buhari as a President but ask yourself,we might blame every other person for our woes,but let us look inwards,we indeed are our own problems.
Look at Enelamah,who is from my mother's village,also in Umuahia,the road to his village is untarred,and rickety ...but he is a Minister today...infact in the village they call him puppet....his allegiance is first to Osinbajo who nominated him than to empower his people,tomorrow if he is removed,we will start grasping straws again.I know how many times emissaries have been sent to Enelamah,but what he told them was that he is a Minister of the Federal Republic and not Minister of any community or state and I laugh),we have seen and heard that before.......

Empower people and not tomorrow we will start looking for who is our problem?

Am open to abuses,its a free world and it's a New Year.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by omenkaLives(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
Seems tezzyhelm wants to take the place of viviangist per who lies the most.

Smh.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by exlinkleads(f): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
lovely
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by londoner: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
Chances are the groom is from the North and the bride is from Abia State, if that's where they are.

You get married at the bride's place not the groom's. Inter ethic/ tribal marriages are the way forward smiley

The both look happy and long may it continue.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
The cognitive dissonance of some of you is legendary. The deductions from a few pictures shown is laughable and that's why some of you will always remain victims to alternative facts.

One of you is even claiming the groom is from the North despite the glaring title of the thread.

This wedding is just the simplicity of the educated nobles at play. The couples are both Harvard trained.

20 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by londoner: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
trolley:
The cognitive dissonance of some of you is legendary. The deductions from a few pictures shown is laughable and that's why some of you will always remain victims to alternative facts.

One of you is even claiming the groom is from the North despite the glaring title of the thread.

This wedding is just the simplicity of the educated nobles at play. The couples are both Harvard trained.

Yes I said maybe he is from the North. If this is indeed a marriage in Abia state between a northerner and someone from Abia it would have to be the bride that is Igbo if they are doing the traditional marriage in Abia. Is it not always done at the brides place?

Either that or neither is from the North and the guests in Hausa wear are simply guests.

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
I said it! Tribalism is for the poor grin

Most of those screaming "afonja" and "biafra must go" are hungry fellows with poor education. If you meet them in person, you'll understand better. grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by tigerclaws: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
Seems tezzyhelm wants to take the place of viviangist per who lies the most.

Smh.
[/s]
Stop disgracing yourself

5 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by deco22(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
emerich:
Mumu...
Your dad spent his hard earned cash sending U to a government Lea school, U should had learned hawking on upper Iweka bridge, if U can't read to decipher simple meanings next time, then do yourself the honor and don't quote me again, don't know whom is the tribalist btw the both of us...
First learn how to spell and write well before you reply me.

3 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
is a million times better to work with a loyal northerner..

than A very very loyal Afon..

guess they're pained.. no yoruba representative. grin

why should she..after seeing and first hand witnessing the bitter hatred from Afons on anything igbo..

yet some fools are asking why she no invite igbo..
camera man choose to captures his friends that came around..
watch the video clips and see lots of igbo's 6lexing the weddings.

but en this Afons are evil...
see as the wickedly wan change the thread make igbos fight themselves on this woman..
one mumu wey claim he's from umuahia even fall victim ranting..

Okonja, eweremmadu chukwumerji, this human have always always represent igbo's interest.. no matter the cost..

2012 okonjo went to senate to enlighten them the disadvantages of sidelining SE from government..

she wan the brain behind the industrialisation of Anambra n south-east in general. with peter Obi..

now the mumu wey say she no do anything for dem for umuahia..
na she be your state governor or minister of works..

she was there wen the country needed her most..
twice they called her... twice she answer and never disappointed..

now please remind me again..

who's our finnace minister.
and what has been her contribution to this government.

when last you even heard her..

crazy NL trols

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
londoner:

Yes I said maybe he is from the North. If this is indeed a marriage in Abia state between a northerner and someone from Abia it would have to be the bride that is Igbo if they are doing the traditional marriage in Abia. Is it not always done at the brides place?

Either that or neither is from the North and the guests in Hausa wear are simply guests.

None of them is from the North. The groom is Uchechi Iweala (Former Finance Minister's son) and the bride is Chioma Achebe (grand-daughter of Chinua Achebe).

Projecting definite conclusions from a few pictures convey lack of critical thinking.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) / President Buhari Lands In Kaduna Airport, Uses Helicopter To Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.