Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! (2414 Views)

The Scam Called Uber Taxi In Nigeria And The Way Forward / See The Scam SMS I Received This Morning / Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! by andersonbaba(f): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2016
The Glo network has continued with the unauthorised deductions of call credit in my account all in the name of caller tune subscription. The story below will give the public an insightful knowledge of the new glo scam trick using the 7728 code to exploit customers.

On the 3rd of July 2016 which was a Sunday, I came back from church tired and I slept. I woke up to receive a message that

Your callers will hear omalicha_elixy as your Caller Tune.You have been charged N 10 Renewable every 3 days. To unsubscribe call 7728 from your cellphone.
I was so angry that I went to check my balance. Only to discover that 100 naira and not 10 naira as claimed in the message has been deducted form the 1400 that I have been saving for data subscription. I has to call the customer service a report this case and they pleaded that their will be a refund and the said caller tune will be unsubscribed. They thereafter sent me the message below that my situation will be attended to within 24hrs to 48hrs.

"Dear Customer, Your VAS activated without intent Ref: GLO 1-2701928543 is expected to be resolved within 48 HRS. Glo Unlimited!!!" (a copy of the pics

I waited patiently for it to be resolve an the next day, they sent me another text that the caller tune activation without intent has been resolved but I did not see any refund and did not bother.

Dear Customer, Your VAS activated without intent Ref: GLO 1-2701928543 request has been resolved. Glo Unlimited
!!!

I was with the assurance given in the message that there will be no more illegal deduction or forceful subscription.
Only to recharge today again, then I received another deduction alert from this same "Scam of a network"

I called their customer service again 2 times after about 30 mins on hold but no one picked. Then I decided to dial the number ( 7728) that they posted on the earlier message to unsubscribe and could you believe that THEY WHERE DEDUCTING MY CALL CARD AT THE RATE OF 50K PER SECOND IN ORDER TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE CALLER TUNE THEY FORCED ME INTO.

Now they have sent me another message that they have deleted the useless omalicha caller tune.
I am posting this because this people have not just been scamming me. They have made heavy deductions from my call credit account for useless reasons. The funny thing is that I SO HATE CALLER TUNES. I prefer the normal buzzing than some songs. Moreso, I am sure that I am not the only one that they are doing this too...so if you calculate illegal deduction of 100naira from 1 million customers. My brother you should know that with the current economic situation u can move mountains.

#SayNoToIllegalGLOdeductions
#SayNoToInjustice
Attached are the pictures of their scam message.

Re: Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! by ITbomb(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Why the yoruba mention?

I can't even read anything reasonable cos of your headline
Re: Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! by andersonbaba(f): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2016
ITbomb:
Why the yoruba mention?

I can't even read anything reasonable cos of your headline

hahahahhahhahahahahhhahaaaa....it is because it is owned by Mike Adenuga. and I think the guy is a scam .
Re: Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! by andersonbaba(f): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2016
andersonbaba:
The Glo network has continued with the unauthorised deductions of call credit in my account all in the name of caller tune subscription. The story below will give the public an insightful knowledge of the new glo scam trick using the 7728 code to exploit customers.

On the 3rd of July 2016 which was a Sunday, I came back from church tired and I slept. I woke up to receive a message that

Your callers will hear omalicha_elixy as your Caller Tune.You have been charged N 10 Renewable every 3 days. To unsubscribe call 7728 from your cellphone.
I was so angry that I went to check my balance. Only to discover that 100 naira and not 10 naira as claimed in the message has been deducted form the 1400 that I have been saving for data subscription. I has to call the customer service a report this case and they pleaded that their will be a refund and the said caller tune will be unsubscribed. They thereafter sent me the message below that my situation will be attended to within 24hrs to 48hrs.

"Dear Customer, Your VAS activated without intent Ref: GLO 1-2701928543 is expected to be resolved within 48 HRS. Glo Unlimited!!!" (a copy of the pics

I waited patiently for it to be resolve an the next day, they sent me another text that the caller tune activation without intent has been resolved but I did not see any refund and did not bother.

Dear Customer, Your VAS activated without intent Ref: GLO 1-2701928543 request has been resolved. Glo Unlimited
!!!

I was with the assurance given in the message that there will be no more illegal deduction or forceful subscription.
Only to recharge today again, then I received another deduction alert from this same "Scam of a network"

I called their customer service again 2 times after about 30 mins on hold but no one picked. Then I decided to dial the number ( 7728) that they posted on the earlier message to unsubscribe and could you believe that THEY WHERE DEDUCTING MY CALL CARD AT THE RATE OF 50K PER SECOND IN ORDER TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE CALLER TUNE THEY FORCED ME INTO.

Now they have sent me another message that they have deleted the useless omalicha caller tune.
I am posting this because this people have not just been scamming me. They have made heavy deductions from my call credit account for useless reasons. The funny thing is that I SO HATE CALLER TUNES. I prefer the normal buzzing than some songs. Moreso, I am sure that I am not the only one that they are doing this too...so if you calculate illegal deduction of 100naira from 1 million customers. My brother you should know that with the current economic situation u can move mountains.

#SayNoToIllegalGLOdeductions
#SayNoToInjustice
Attached are the pictures of their scam message.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Genius Abubakar Faizah Sani 2016 WAEC Overall BEST Candidate (photo) / Prominent African Leaders & Personalities For 3rd Igbo Nsukka/zik's Merit Award / Obtaining A Certificate Of Bachelorhood From Ministry Of Internal Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.