Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A (17194 Views)

My Very Clean Tokunboh 2005 Mercedes Benz E240 Needs A New Home / Would You Buy This Bicycle For ₦3 Million ? / Mercedes Unveil Their Latest Design “the Myabach Cabriolet”-see The Features. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by sommy03(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
like seriously...
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one OP. I wish more Nigerians rode bicycles.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nosyke(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Small Tyres (in terms of surface area).. Less resistance and better speed.

Comfortable seats.. Make blister no full your yansh after 1 week.

8 - 12 speed gear system.

Some form of suspensions to cushion the impact of Nigerian bumpy roads.

Blinkers and reflectors that work.

A bell or alarm system for horns.

A platform at the back for carrying light small stuff.

Buy a Rosary and a Bible and say your last prayers everytime before you ride.

Also take out a life insurance for yourself so your people go see profit in case you die.
grin

Buy PPE (Helmet and Neon Reflector jacket) for safety.

ALSO buy SURE deodorant carry join body and Body Spray to use after every ride to work make you no use body odor deplete the ozone layer for your office.

Best of Luck.

Dies[

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by afo86: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Due to economy situation of the country bicycle is good but it depends yur area abeg if its Lagos pls don't ride early in the morning is very dangerous.....God bls yu

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Lexusgs430: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnshagb:

Really? And motorists don't get killed on a daily basis?

If a vehicle driver and cyclist gets involved in an accident, who stands the better chance of survival ?
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nosyke(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
fellis:
Nice one OP. I wish more Nigerians rode bicycles.

Biko, ride bicycles on top which road?
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by greggng: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
YOLO1:
I just got a job in the city and I spend the major part of my salary on transport fare. Apart from going to work, am also involved in religious and social activities here and each day I spend between #800 to #1200 on transport. It just occurred to me now that I could get a bicycle to save my transport costs. Even though I know how to ride bicycle very well, I still need advice on the features to look out for when buying a bicycle. I need one that is strong, rugged and with good speed.  Also I don't want a bicycle that will zap all my energy because I will be riding for long hours everyday.
Thanks as you contribute. 

Mods. Kindly help me get this to where people can see and contribute.

Assuming u live close to gowon estate I would ve introduce u to my nebor that sales all this stuff from containers he normally clears. Infact the one he uses is so rugged may be u will need exactly that type. If u re on whatsap add me 08062593234 I will snap his type and send u incase u might prefer buying it somewhere else. However my worries is ur safety lagos drivers re crazy. Almost every home in my estate here has got 2 or 3 bikes cos is safer riding here

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by oladipo322(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
why not get a bike even though na second hand then u riding a bicycle, because at d end of d day ur body go tell u especially ur leg and neck...... this is common sense
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by oladele239(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
Issorait....the day u want to buy keke napep let us know too...gradually u go from there buy car then trailer!!!...fp is now a joke undecided
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by MrTour: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
Riding bicycles on naija road is like asking for Rest in Peace in advance.

if your route doesn't involve highways then Go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by amzee(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
YOLO1:
I just got a job in the city and I spend the major part of my salary on transport fare. Apart from going to work, am also involved in religious and social activities here and each day I spend between #800 to #1200 on transport. It just occurred to me now that I could get a bicycle to save my transport costs. Even though I know how to ride bicycle very well, I still need advice on the features to look out for when buying a bicycle. I need one that is strong, rugged and with good speed.  Also I don't want a bicycle that will zap all my energy because I will be riding for long hours everyday.

Contact me if you need this

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by johnshagb(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If a vehicle driver and cyclist gets involved in an accident, who stands the better chance of survival ?

And how many news have you seen involving a cyclist being knocked down and killed here on NL?
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by counsellorwiser(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bicycle? To work? In a Nigerian city? Please don't commit suicide. angry
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Lexusgs430: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnshagb:

And how many news have you seen involving a cyclist being knocked down and killed here on NL?

Because cyclist are not mad enough to ride in Nigeria.
The lower the percentage of cyclist , the lower the fatality rates !!!
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nosyke:

Biko, ride bicycles on top which road?
The few good roads we have left sad
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by xreal: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
IgotYourBackFam:
Think of the rain, also showing up to work all sweaty and You never know soo many jobless youths won't say no to taking their chances against you.

Don't buy a Bicycle, These Girls won't wanna hang with you...Gold diggas...

Well, you can't buy the one in the middle it's more for speed you want a bicycle that rides on Road not hiking...The handle bar must be elongated for you to sit up straight, 700c wheels are good...you want a great linear pulling break and At least a 6 speed grip shifter , That's all I care to share from my HS riding days

Û

See what I mean ^^^ A bicycle will hurt your chances of getting laid

Wot a wee toking, wot a yu toking?

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Princepoint(m): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
NL mods need sadative pills
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nosyke(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
fellis:

The few good roads we have left sad

and how many are they. What his route falls in the majority of the roads-bad ones?
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by redcliff: 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Princelegacylemoha:
You are good to go with this

Thats a normal bicycle converted to an ebike
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Phonefanatic: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
See what APC has reduced you to...... Oya Sai Baba
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by 9jauk: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Get a lightweight Carera pro absolutely beautiful to ride.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by NaijaCuzin: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Next

A Nairalander Needs Advice On Going To Toilet

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by awoo47: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Y not buy okada. Bike for naija na suicide mission grin
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by anselm791(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
Depends on the city.
Calabar city is a cool place to own a bike,
I drive during the day and ride my bike at night.
#change

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Mustiboy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
why not buy a jincheng a.k.a (lagata). a used one should not cost you more than #30000
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by iamOlumide(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Chai and dis post dey front page! oga o!
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Ini9(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pls go for it. It's Eco friendly.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
OCTAVO:
Don't buy brand new Naija bicycle (they are mostly China made and not durable). Buy UK used, they are very strong, reliable and durable (it's more expensive though).
I thought they are still all China , be it UK or Brand new.?
Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
YOLO1:

You haven't told us how far your place of work is, from your house. If you live in Ikorodu, and your office is in Ajah, you'll end up with yam legs, and a sore behind grin. Riding a bike isn't easy, especially if you intend to do this on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by NevetsIbot(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
learnt how to ride a bicycle last week... Haha... An 8 geared bicycle... it's speed almost killed me. I even forgot to use the brakes... Rammed into a wall and almost bursted my crotch.

If you can install side mirrors to look back, absorbers, and good breaks...you're good to go.

My buddy got one and he's been riding it everywhere he wants to go. An 8 geared one... He drives safely and he looks healthy. Buy it, as long as you drive safely and wear an helment please.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by kunletoks(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
I take bicycle to work but the distance is not far.
If your transport fare is up to #800/day, it means that the distance is far.
I won't advice you to use bicycle because of the distance.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Needs A Bicycle (what Are The Features To Look For When Getting A by 400billionman: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
YOLO1:

Avoid accidents.

Dont kill yourself because you want to save money.

Nigerian drivers are HIT and RUN..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2020 Model Benz Gle350 4matic Toks Full Option Good Deal / CLEAN 2010 LEXUS GS350 FULL OPTION 9M LAST!! / Toyota Corolla 2009 Toks For Sale @ 2.6M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.