Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote (30766 Views)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud / Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
shamecurls:

Dont mind them

We exposed them

They wouldn't have been wearing cloths if not for Nigerians. They forgot they were walking naked before we gave them leaves to cover-up and shipped bundles of cloths into there country

#Ungrateful`s

How can that be when Ghanaians opened Nigerians eye, even when you were eating each other Ghanaians were way ahead.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
shamecurls:

Dont mind them

We exposed them

They wouldn't have been wearing cloths if not for Nigerians. They forgot they were walking naked before we gave them leaves to cover-up and shipped bundles of cloths into there country

#Ungrateful`s

You are retarded between Nigerians and Ghanaians which group is more civilized.

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by tivta(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
salabscholar01:
undecided

He means the accident caused by his trucks
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by V0lv0(f): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Ghana People and Bad belle for Nigerians sha.. grin grin grin grin

It has nothing to do with Nigerians but the right thing to do wrt their own business. Imagine if a Ghanaian wanted to do this in your country there would be a Ghana must go part 2

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

No bad belle but Dagonte has a monopoly on everything in Nigeria, from the food you eat, cement used to vilify your house, to the gas you put in your car. We won't allow him especially since we have the best transportation sysytem in west Africa. We don't need the death trap he has been providing Nigerians.
all na still the same bad belle, would you say all this if he was a Ghanian?,the answer is NO
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
shamecurls:

Dont mind them

We exposed them

#Ungrateful`s

Again, how can cannibals clad the civilized?
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by V0lv0(f): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
Kgdavid:
Importation of 1000 trucks into Ghana means hiring 1,000 Ghanaian drivers, no? These ones are just concerned about their own pockets.

Besides, it's not as though Dangote is transporting cement for other people...he is using just doing his own delivery so his trucks will not affect the amount of business these people are already doing, unless Dangote is taking business away from other suppliers of cement. in which case... well grin

Why shouldn't they be concerned about their own pockets. A bus driver or the owner of the bus, who earns more? Ghana is not a banana republic where people will fold their hands and cry for change yet do nothing. So its a good thing!
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by salabscholar01(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
tivta:

He means the accident caused by his trucks
ok
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by focus7: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ghanaians with their victim mentality. I remember this was they pressurised their previous government to restrict the Nigerians business dominance in Ghana some years back, after that i don't see how it has improved their pathetic lives. Nigerians are obviously the reasons behind the main happenings in that country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
2dugged:
all na still the same bad belle, would you say all this if he was a Ghanian?,the answer is NO

No I wouldn't be saying this if he was ghanaian. I understand where my statement might come out as being bad belle. I have seen what he has done in Nigeria and he has done more harm than good. No competition in nigeria he jump from one politician to the other. He was with Goodluck but now you see him all glued to buhari. He already has his cement and food products in Ghana.

Like I said we don't need his transportation because our transportation system is one of the best in africa and the best in west Africa.

3 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by V0lv0(f): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nigerians should stop making this about them. No country would like this whether it is Ghana, SA or even Nigeria. The citizens interest of that country should come first. Why should people be put out of business to benefit the pockets of an already rich man. That would be stupidity of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
focus7:
Ghanaians with their victim mentality. I remember this was they pressurised their previous government to restrict the Nigerians business dominance in Ghana some years back, after that i don't see how it has improved their pathetic lives. Nigerians are obviously the reasons behind the main happenings in that country.

So why can't Nigerians make the happenings in their country, why must Nigerians come to Ghana to make things happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by nurseafrica: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

No bad belle but Dagonte has a monopoly on everything in Nigeria, from the food you eat, cement used to build your house, to the gas you put in your car. We won't allow him especially since we have the best transportation sysytem in west Africa. We don't need the death trap he has been providing Nigerians.
supported bro am a nigerian
. you guys should stamp your authority and reach a common groung to make your citizens safe and your transportation accident free. if fulani drivers beseech your roads. oh God. i love Ghana and have a lot of Ghana friends we see each other
as 1.

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by bigtt76(f): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Are the trucks self driven? Abi he's also importing drivers? grin

dridowu:
The Ghana Private Road Transport Union (GPRTU) has petitioned the Mahama government to intervene and stop Nigerian business magnet, Aliko Dangote, from taking over the transport business, which is employing thousands of Ghanaian drivers and other ancillary staff.

The petition came in the wake of Dangote importing into the country, one thousand trucks to facilitate the distribution of its cement across the country, instead of relying on local transporters, as other cement manufacturing companies are doing.

A letter dated 25th July, 2016, and signed by Mr Sai Issah, Chairman of a Tema branch of the union to the Ghanaian authorities noted that GPRTU is not against the business tycoon investing in Ghana, but he must not be seen to be pushing locals out of their businesses.

According to the letter, apart from the truck owners who are directly affected, artisans such as mechanics, auto electricians, welders and spare parts dealers who keep their vehicles running will all be thrown out of business to the detriment of the citizenry.
The worried truck owners said as transporters, they often go for loans from the commercial banks to cushion their business, pay insurance premium and other taxes, only to be rendered jobless by the emergence of Dangote in an industry reserved for only Ghanaian citizens.

On the other hand, the truck owners have said that they are prepared to enter into agreement with Dangote to purchase his imported vehicles to cart the cement anywhere in the country for him, rather than being compelled to re-export from the country.

Dangote cement, about a decade ago obtained license as Greenview Cement to bag powdered cement in the country, but for some months now is engaging in the importation of bagged cement from Nigeria, a situation which is creating friction between the company and the local cement manufacturers.

http://thechronicle.com.gh/gprtu-petitions-mahama-over-dangote/

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Pennywise(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

We won't allow him to monopolize our country like he has done to yours. He practically owned you all

Since he owns Nigerians what makes you think u and ur govt can stop him from adding Ghana for good measure?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

No I wouldn't be saying this if he was ghanaian. I understand where my statement might come out as being bad belle. I have seen what he has done in Nigeria and he has done more harm than good. No competition in nigeria he jump from one politician to the other. He was with Goodluck but now you see him all glued to buhari. He already has his cement and food products in Ghana.

Like I said we don't need his transportation because our transportation system is one of the best in africa and the best in west Africa.
I am not a fan of dangote or his trucks but I still insist it's bad belle, simple

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by V0lv0(f): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pennywise:

Since he owns Nigerians what makes you think u and ur govt can stop him from adding Ghana for good measure?

as you can already tell Ghanaians are already doing something about it. Let him go to Niger, Benin or Togo maybe he will have better luck there grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
2dugged:
I am not a fan of dangote or his trucks but I still insist it's bad belle, simple

Well, it's their country, they are entitled to have bad belle.
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by V0lv0(f): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
2dugged:

When the Chinese and Lebanese want to do same in Nigeria and put people out of business I hope you will be singing the same song.

Empty Vessel
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ironi:

Well, it's their country, they are entitled to have bad belle.
yea,that's why I said bad belle is allowed
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Pennywise(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dangote is going to screew Ghana so bad. Imagine what 1000 Dangote trucks will do to Ghanaian roads. After 6mths Ghana wont have more than a km of visible asphalt on the road because of your greed for tax money. Its like a hoooker charging a client for a regular dieck only to face a monster.

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pennywise:

Um he's not Ghanaian for one. Nigerians have different mentality from Ghanaians. We are patriotic and we hold our government responsible, is Ghana and Ghanaians before anyone and country.

Nigerians are okay and happy about having few billionaires while the mass the suffers. Ghanaians on the other hand want more middle class.

4 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
2dugged:

Has nothing against him as long as him and his trucks stay away from Ghana.

1 Like

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
V0lv0:

When the Chinese and Lebanese want to do same in Nigeria and put people out of business I hope you will be singing the same song.

Empty Vessel
obviously you don't have respect for your elders,your parents didn't raise you well, for calling me an empty vessel. Too bad,I don't blame you,I blame your mother for failing in her duty to raise you to have manners, I can't remember insulting any one in my comments but you just had to show how untrained and mannerleess you are, smh
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
JiggamanGh:

Has nothing against him as long as him and his trucks stay away from Ghana.
I hope he is on this forum, he will take note
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by EmekaBlue(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Best what...please stop hyping and deceiving yourself
JiggamanGh:

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by diportivo: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Funny how guys are on here screaming they don't want to be monopolized

Even the drivers av proposed to buy the trucks off dangote...if it comes to that

Isn't that joining them if you can't beat them

Monopoly is happening already...brace urselves
Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
EmekaBlue:
Best what...please stop hyping and deceiving yourself

Name one country in west Africa with better transportation system than Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Ironi: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pennywise:
Dangote is going to screew Ghana so bad. Imagine what 1000 Dangote trucks will do to Ghanaian roads.

You people are just plain clueless.

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by JiggamanGh: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
2dugged:
I hope he is on this forum, he will take note

He most likely planning his Africa domination. He's already in Ethiopia with his cement, which is the biggest cement factory in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: GPRTU Petitions Mahama Over Dangote by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
V0lv0:

So not only are you a fool, but you are an old fool. As the saying goes "a fool at 40 is a fool forever. There is no hope for you. Next time invest in education instead of recharge cards and shwarma perhaps you would have had more sense!
hehehehe, fisty mouse, is that all?, smh,children of these days have no home training, you can't even try to hide your dirty character in a public forum, kwontinu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / BUA's Sugar Plantation: A Reply To Chika Mbonu / Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.