Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC (17747 Views)

APC Leader Behind Attacks On Kyari, Daura, Group Alleges / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On.. / Shocking Details About Those Behind Attacks By Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by princetom1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
modath:

I'm going to list a few things.

1. The kidnap and harassment of expatriates in the ND drove the corporate offices to the SW, mind you the exploration and extraction of crude didn't stop.

2. Odi was levelled to the ground. .

3. Some foot soldiers of militant warlords were sent abroad on training

4. Militant warlords are as rich as croesus

5. ND politicians have deemed elective office as personal ATM (at the detriment of their people) ,made it a do or die affair & see nothing wrong in arming their army of employed youths for their own selfish purposes....

Pray tell, in what way has violent agitation improved the "personal" fortunes of the average Tamuno, Preye or Fyneface?

Answer that first then we can discuss...

I have come across ur monicker a couple of times. I give thanks to God, for u have brain and understanding. Just to be clear, everyone is for his/her pocket and the people living in those region are so naive they keep supporting violence. Their land keep being polluted and underdeveloped with these activities. The people i.stead of gain, suffers. And worst still, the suffer has no end in sight yet until the people can understand that their future is being used to play Pokémon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by twinskenny(m): 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

And who told you they are ijaws? Did you carry out DNA on them or do they write Ijaw on people's foreheads? Treat criminals like criminals.

Izon means truth, we can NEVER shield criminality
so those that came through the water way are from the north abi?? govt has blocked their illegal oil bunkering now they turn to criminals terrorizing us every night...i leave in that area not today.. We've never had this kind of issues before....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Ejanla07: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
While it lasted it was a pride of the IYC that their ethnic group has successfuly exported its militancy to terrorize Yorubaland, the ethnic instrumental to loss of their clueless son from power. When event turned and we came down with the whip IYC has the mind to distance itself from an object of the erstwhile pride.

So they need to tell us who these militants are.

IYC, are these militants Ibos?

the afonjas must find a way to involve Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by profmallory(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
While I understand your plight to dissociate the Ijaw nation from the perceived militant actions in the South-west, i don't think it would work, because the same way it was easy to tag cattle grazing terrorists " Fulani Herdsmen" is the same way it's going to be easy to tag militants that come by waterways "Ijaw Militants". But looking beyond who they are is the gravity of what they are capable of doing, these boys are capable of breaking this Country into pieces and I perceive that is their intention

TonyeBarcanista:

Are Ijaws the only creek dwellers? What concerns an Ijawman with creeks in Lagos state? Are Ijaws the exclusive group the creeks was meant for? Isn't this lame?

Militants(idiots) don't need to commit crimes in Lagos or Ogun to sponsor their crimes. they have been committing crimes of oil bunkering that is enough in their backyard to do that. Why should they go to unfamiliar terrrain like Lagos and Ogun state? What for? Why not Ondo state or even Akwa ibom state?

Thi is a testament of your prejudice against Ijaw people and their system. But be rest assured that we are not interested to go into collision with any group... and we have never sought that.

The accusation of the criminals being Ijaws is baseless and illogical

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by modath(f): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
princetom1:

I have come across ur monicker a couple of times. I give thanks to God, for u have brain and understanding. Just to be clear, everyone is for his/her pocket and the people living in those region are so naive they keep supporting violence. Their land keep being polluted and underdeveloped with these activities. The people i.stead of gain, suffers. And worst still, the suffer has no end in sight yet until the people can understand that their future is being used to play Pokémon

Thank you thank you, you are far too kind. smiley . We hope the people will wisen up quick..

I'm still waiting for AgentOrange 's response.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Tunagee(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
superstar1:
Na lie.

Is Dokubo not an Ijaw?

Is Tompolo not an Ijaw?

Is Boyloaf not an Ijaw?

Is General Togo not an Ijaw?

Ijaws and militancy, economic sabotage and economic terrorism are one and the same.

It is a well established fact that the group terrorising Lagos and Ogun are of Ijaw extraction and military should exterminate all those criminals the way Raid will exterminate Roaches.

God bless U for this comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool But wait Is NDA Ijaw or NOT? Yes or No?
LOL... I don't know about the ethnicity of NDA but we have denounced the Ijaws among them grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by kikayboss(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
we have been living with the ijaws at ikorodu for a long time so we know who is who and who is doing what, if they were igbos we would have said so...we had yoruba even working for them, i have friends that sold stolen petrol for them so we all know ourselves.....since they killed those DSS officers and military came into the matter they went lowkey and started staying @their camps in the creeks....presently they only come out when necessary and to steal and kidnap....the accusations are not baseless go to ikorodu and ask for OC he is the leader there and he is ijaw i know few of those guys but i have dudes that have even gone to their camps in the creeks.....and besides they mostly speak ijaw when they go for illegal operations they speak yoruba sometimes too......

all am trying to say is they are ijaws ....they even carry out that festival where they wear white and paint their faces white so pls stop accusing us of trying to paint ijaws as bad people....

am even from Delta state and anytime i tell people they are sometimes scared and they watch what they say around me just because they think i am ijaw....so you see their criminal acts is affecting people negatively....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by HtwoOw: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista

Always lying to save face

Iyc ? Haha hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by teasel: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Sheggy13:

You can't speak on behalf of millions of Ijaws with different moral, social and educational backgrounds. It's just like a Yoruba person saying Yoruba females are not raped by their fathers. You're not in the head of every Ijaw man in Nigeria to predict correctly what they can do or cannot do. Because you're civil and peace-loving doesn't mean every Ijaw man out there is, ditto other ethnic groups. There are good and bad elements in every tribe. The IYC President is also saying the NDA guys are not Ijaw guys when they have come boldly to identify majority of themselves as Ijaws. Just check out some of their names. You don't make categorical statements like the militants are not Ijaws. Those are mere emotional and sentimental statements. What if they're caught and found out to be Ijaw. That's one good thing about Yorubas. They're the ones that denigrate and insult their own sons more when he misbehaves, even before other tribes do. I can give you many instances.
Never forget to always use your stupid tribe for stupid examples.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by hoodua467(m): 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
It was obvious that the vandals were criminals but the press were sponsored to refer to them as ijaw militants to ferment division, and cause bad blood BTW the old neighbors
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by IamAtribalist: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
LOL... I don't know about the ethnicity of NDA but we have denounced the Ijaws among them grin

cool dude you are just playing with words here. No need to for semantics. The truth is both the NDA and the militants terrorizing Lagos/Ogun are made up of majority (at the very least) Ijaws. You can denounce the Ijaws in these groups (which is a good thing) but denouncing them does NOT change the reality that these are Ijaw groups. And this your demand for DNA is laughable - when did you demand for DNA for Boko Haram? Why did you believe the SAME media/victims that told the world that they are Northerners? You keep saying that they are criminals - how does that change the fact that they are Ijaws? This is a childish tactic on your part - a shame when one considers the amount of maturity you have shown on this forum for the most part. You and the IYC can denounce these criminals (which, again, is good) but trying (and childishly doing so) to turn facts on its head is quite lame and you should know better. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
HtwoOw:
TonyeBarcanista

Always lying to save face

Iyc ? Haha hahaha
OPC
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Sheggy13(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
teasel:

Never forget to always use your stupid tribe for stupid examples.
Fool..just ensure you're not the next on the Indonesian death row like your brothers.. truth hurts I guess.. For any idiotic Igbotic mod that the dunce I quoted would wanna report me and dares to ban me, remember this fool quoted me first to call my tribe stupid and I only reciprocated the kind gesture. I'm nice like that.
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by teasel: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Sheggy13:

Fool..just ensure you're not the next on the Indonesian death row like your brothers.. truth hurts I guess..
yoruba idiot, just make sure you don't rape your daughters and use your sons for rituals like your worthless brothers do.
Also, try as much as possible to stop decapitating British soldiers.
Yes, the truth is bitter but it must be said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by teasel: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Sheggy13:

Fool..just ensure you're not the next on the Indonesian death row like your brothers.. truth hurts I guess.. For any idiotic Igbotic mod that the dunce I quoted would wanna report me and dares to ban me, remember this fool quoted me first to call my tribe stupid and I only reciprocated the kind gesture. I'm nice like that.
Stop editing your useless post.
I repeat. Next time you want to give a stupid example, use your stupid tribe.
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

And who told you they are ijaws? Did you carry out DNA on them or do they write Ijaw on people's foreheads? Treat criminals like criminals.

Izon means truth, we can NEVER shield criminality

What a very dumb statement by someone who should know better. Gush.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by MXrep: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
why are yorubas trying so hard to make the thread about igbos, are these ppl cursed or what?? meanwhile i love the way they were ignored

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
I feel appalled by the stance taken by #tonyebarcanista on this issue. He simply decided to delibrately go off the mark.
Imagine a man of his repute talking about DNA or nametags on people to identify their ethnicity.
What buncum !
When people descended on this man for turncoating between APC and PDP in 2014 calling him unprintable names, i felt some pity for him but refrained from making any comment because his real character was shrouded in mystery to me. He has proven his critics very right. He is an unstable turncoat and a lier.
For the avoidance of doubt, i am based in Igbo Olomu, one of the hotbeds of the attrocities committed by the Ijaw criminals.
Through interactions with the host communities spanning years, they are known as Ijaw which they are. They protected their oil bunkering "business" with sophisticated weapons and dare-devilry. The stoppage of bunkering forced them into armed robbers, kidnappers and burglars. An attempt by some landlords to form vigilante to stop the scurge from spreading to their area led to the mass slaughter of the men. That incident emboldened the criminals to continue the acts rather brazenly leading to the mass exodus of inhabitants from the area. Hence it became a public issue.
Their ethnicity was further confirmed by their kidnapping victims. So for anyone to try and deny that rhey are Ijaw is arrant nonsense.
As to the Ijaw being a peace-loving people, i rather say the records of their altercations with the Itshekiri in Delta and the Yoruba in Lagos do not lend any credence to that claim.
The IYC decided to issue a denial after the operation carried out against the Ijaw criminals yesterday. They were even lucky the OPC eased off for the government to take charge.
Perhaps the fear of an escalation by the Yoruba against all Ijaw communities on our land prompted the press release but to deny that they are Ijaw is to deny the obvious.
Let it be said loud and clear that any ethnic group that abused our hospitality will live to regret it for decades to come. The silent agility of a tiger is not of cowardice.

I remembered Pa Edwin Clark once said that should the Ijaw nation need to align with any tribe in the event of Nigeria's break-up, it would naturally be the Yoruba. Its the like of criminal
buffoons like Asari Dokubo that poisons some ignorant Ijaws to make them misbehave but the die is already cast. So let all beware.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by meromero11: 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Which ammunition?? Are Ijaw people manufacturers of ammunition or sole distributors? Did the indigene carry out DNA test? What concerns militants with Ogun state or Lagos state?

Simply put, those guys terrorising your people are CRIMINALS. They are NOT Ijaw people and do NOT represent Ijaw nation

Bros, you have tried enough clarifying these issues to her but she's bent on pinning these crimes on ijaw people. What you don't know about the average ijaw man is that he will never step outside his boundary to defend his home but will stay within it to flush out every unfavourable presence from his soil to the last. The yorubas should rise up to defend their land and people from the invading criminals.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:37am On Jul 30, 2016
BermudaTriangle:
I feel appalled by the stance taken by #tonyebarcanista on this issue. He simply decided to delibrately go off the mark.
Imagine a man of his repute talking about DNA or nametags on people to identify their ethnicity.
What buncum !
When people descended on this man for turncoating between APC and PDP in 2014 calling him unprintable names, i felt some pity for him but refrained from making any comment because his real character was shrouded in mystery to me. He has proven his critics very right. He is an unstable turncoat and a lier.
For the avoidance of doubt, i am based in Igbo Olomu, one of the hotbeds of the attrocities committed by the Ijaw criminals.
Through interactions with the host communities spanning years, they are known as Ijaw which they are. They protected their oil bunkering "business" with sophisticated weapons and dare-devilry. The stoppage of bunkering forced them into armed robbers, kidnappers and burglars. An attempt by some landlords to form vigilante to stop the scurge from spreading to their area led to the mass slaughter of the men. That incident emboldened the criminals to continue the acts rather brazenly leading to the mass exodus of inhabitants from the area. Hence it became a public issue.
Their ethnicity was further confirmed by their kidnapping victims. So for anyone to try and deny that rhey are Ijaw is arrant nonsense.
As to the Ijaw being a peace-loving people, i rather say the records of their altercations with the Itshekiri in Delta and the Yoruba in Lagos do not lend any credence to that claim.
The IYC decided to issue a denial after the operation carried out against the Ijaw criminals yesterday. They were even lucky the OPC eased off for the government to take charge.
Perhaps the fear of an escalation by the Yoruba against all Ijaw communities on our land prompted the press release but to deny that they are Ijaw is to deny the obvious.
Let it be said loud and clear that any ethnic group that abused our hospitality will live to regret it for decades to come. The silent agility of a tiger is not of cowardice.

I remembered Pa Edwin Clark once said that should the Ijaw nation need to align with any tribe in the event of Nigeria's break-up, it would naturally be the Yoruba. Its the like of criminal
buffoons like Asari Dokubo that poisons some ignorant Ijaws to make them misbehave but the die is already cast. So let all beware.
What are you saying? I even feel more pained than you each time I read the incident in the news.

If the attacks were carried out on Ijaw soil, I'm sure we would have fished out the perpetrators. But Lagos is miles away from even the nearest I jaw Kingdom in Ondo state. If criminals perpetrate crimes, does it mean that they should be associated with far-away Ijaws? I/we will never tell OPC not to protect their territory but nobody should make it an Ijaw issue irrespective of the ethnicity of perpetrators.

Meanwhile, the issue between Ijaw and Itsekiri has to do with territorial claims, which is not alien to Ijaw/Itaekiri. In fact, there is land dispute in almost every part of Nigeria even within tribes, including Yoruba.

Anyway, Na you get your mouth boss
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Ejanla07:

the afonjas must find a way to involve Igbos

Yes we do, because Igbo is the footmat that every group steps on to wipe feet.

If you dont like it use your political vote to change your lot. Vote APGA and turn your fortune around in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:47am On Jul 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What are you saying? I even feel more pained than you each time I read the incident in the news.

If the attacks were carried out on Ijaw soil, I'm sure we would have fished out the perpetrators. But Lagos is miles away from even the nearest I jaw Kingdom in Ondo state. If criminals perpetrate crimes, does it mean that they should be associated with far-away Ijaws? I/we will never tell OPC not to protect their territory but nobody should make it an Ijaw issue irrespective of the ethnicity of perpetrators.

Meanwhile, the issue between Ijaw and Itsekiri has to do with territorial claims, which is not alien to Ijaw/Itaekiri. In fact, there is land dispute in almost every part of Nigeria even within tribes, including Yoruba.

The distance of Lagos has not changed since you terrorists sabotaged a jetty few years ago. If you could reach it then why is it unreachable in distance now?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by ba7man(m): 4:37am On Jul 30, 2016
BermudaTriangle:
What buncum !

Abeg, make Ijaw face Cameroon and not Yorubaland.

We no want their wahala. angry
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by ba7man(m): 4:42am On Jul 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

No matter what you type here, it's your brothers that are behind the violence in the southwest....... deal with it.

I know people personally affected by their violent rampages that live in those areas and I also know people that bought fuel from them regularly during fuel crisis and they all confirmed that they're Ijaw.

Even the people that live in that axis know and call them Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by baloo(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I have always kept mute waiting for the response of IYC over the baseless allegations and accusations by some people and group ascribing the criminality of some idiots in Ogun and Lagos states as that perpetrated by "Ijaws".

For the record, it is unfair to even assume that Ijaws will be interested in crises on Yoruba soil. We are a peaceloving and law-abiding group.

It is incumbent on the Police and other agencies to fish out perpetrators of those heinous crimes irrespective of their ethnic affiliations, and deal decisively with them.

As for NDA, as long as Ijaw nation is concerned, they are on their own.

while this is commendable by calling spade a spade, we should do the same for the "fulani herdsmen attack syndrome ".we Nigerians need to stop labeling criminals to be from a particular ethic group and let the security agencies provide us with official information on the identities of the criminals.God bless nigeria.
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Ultimus: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
i don shout tire about the lagos wahala..i have asked they provide videos of the miscreants and lets know if they are ijaws...

Provide videos? Are you serious? You think they are camera friendly or what? Do you even live anywhere around where these things happen? Well I do. The militants do nothing to hide their identity and they are Ijaws. Of course they do not represent the interest of every Ijaw person out there but never call us liars. People have abandoned their homes because of these criminals, don't call us liars when we state facts about them.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Ejanla07: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Yes we do, because Igbo is the footmat that every group steps on to wipe feet.

If you dont like it use your political vote to change your lot. Vote APGA and turn your fortune around in 2019.

actually the afonjas re bein pummeled left right and centre...

abo. ki dey do una for mile 12
Igbos dey do una economically
nd boys rr pummelin una oil thieves
now ur own cowardly opc doing killing fellow yoruba. while claiming they are nd boys.

cant wait for another reformed opc threat

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Izonpikin: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Ultimus:

Provide videos? Are you serious? You think they are camera friendly or what? Do you even live anywhere around where these things happen? Well I do. The militants do nothing to hide their identity and they are Ijaws. Of course they do not represent the interest of every Ijaw person out there but never call us liars. People have abandoned their homes because of these criminals, don't call us liars when we state facts about them.
please where is the evidence they are ijaws....abi them no get NAMES? ??
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Ultimus: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
please where is the evidence they are ijaws....abi them no get NAMES? ??

Keep sounding clever by half. I suppose the experience documented in the scars of the lives of people living around where these crimes happen were conjured up out of imagination.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Izonpikin: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Ultimus:

Keep sounding clever by half. I suppose the experience documented in the scars of the lives of people living around where these crimes happen were conjured up out of imagination.
na wa oo..provide the names of these miscreants...show evidence...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IMF: Northeast Has Always Been Buhari's Priority, Says Presidency / Nigeria Is Difficult To Manage - Ibrahim Babangida, Former Head Of State / Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.