Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo (51691 Views)

Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Stephen Keshi's Children Arrive Nigeria For His Burial Preparation (photo) / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by bigtt76(f): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
Can't spot any of his teammates there and many others he brought joy to their faces through his play ...this life shaaaa angry RIP tha Big Boss!
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by ojonugwa25(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by HONemmaEke: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
rip to keshi
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by 6baba(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
tuale! baba Rip we no go forget you......all dis F.G no letter fulfill they're promises.....politicians for dem own mouth
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by MadCow1: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4035743_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

In the end, this is where we will all end up.. 6Feet Underground.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by damiloladuke: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by temptnow: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
RIP the big boss.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by gebest: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
RIP BOSS
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by scopusng(m): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Rest in peace. U will forever be miss.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by etsama(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Rest in Peace Boss.

Death is an inevitable end,it is the legacies we leave behind that matters.

You left a good legacy.

Meanwhile,where is Keshi from?this post says Edo,but I thought the name sounded Delta Ibo.
He is from ILLAH in Delta state. R.I.P BIG BOSS
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by TWSCARDS: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Akinaukwa: 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
Everything under the earth has time, a time to be born and a time to die. The most important time is where will you spend your eternity? Ever asked yourself as you wake up from sleep, what if am called today, what will be my answer? Repent and be saved. Heaven and Hell is real. Jesus is knocking, kindly let him in.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by robosky02(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
ok

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Homestic01(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
R.I.P Boss, life is just but air. Vanity upon vanity says the preacher, all is vanity!!! angry angry
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by bjt(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Louiscutedude(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
Rip d big boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Franchise21(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
metronaija2:
Former Super Eagles coach and captain, Late Stephen Keshi has been buried in his hometown, Edo state today.

See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-late-stephen-keshi-finally-buried.html

OP, he's from Illah in Delta State and not Edo State

RIP Big Boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by bikefab(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
D boss was an achiever who will alwz be remembered by nigerians and folks beyond its shores. A great majority of his agemates and team members are way behind him. Leave ur footprints in d sands of time, it is not how far but how well. RIP Keshi my man.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Theoflux(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Rest in Peace Boss.

You left a good legacy.

Meanwhile,where is Keshi from?this post says Edo,but I thought the name sounded Delta Ibo.
I wonder too o. But it seems whn Bendel was divided into Delta & Edo states respectivily his town/village ws nt part of Delta state. I'm an Akoko-Edolite too smiley
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by TamedWolf90: 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Still wondering why there isnt A Nigerian Flag on that casket.. ..
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by ayo4show: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wot is your business with were Keshi comes from. Provided is from Nigeria. May his jentle soul rip
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by ayo4show: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wot cosines u story teller. Just pray for him Simple
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by ayo4show: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmmmmm beautiful and lovely coats
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by royallord1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
EniHolar:
RIPP Steve Kesh

Some are mourning while I'm celebrating birthday. Such is life.

No one lives forever. No one knows the last birthday that'll be celebrated.

Lemme dance small abegi.

Join me by hitting the 'like' button. kiss

Sometimes i wonder what is wrong with ladies of nowadays.... the entire nigeria footballing nation is mourning the loss of a great leader and some of us have in one way experienced a personal relationship with the 'THE BIG BOSS'... and because of your selfishness u want to garner unprofitable and useless likes in the name of celebrating ur birthday anniversary from a funeral platform ...thats just sick..
a big picture of what you just did is like celebrating ur birthday in a funeral parlor/ cementry in d presence of a corpse and its family... people are sad and mourning the death of a friend... u decided to shove ur birth anniversary in their face... HOW POOR MINDED CAN ONE BE.. angry
as you said some are mourning while u are celebrating.... no problem with dat... but dont stick ur celebration in the face of d mourners... else you would b labeled a WITCH ... thats the behaviour of witches, they celebrate at other peoples hurt and pain...
P.S..... hbd..... i desperately hope its not your last.... ur words not mine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by nkemjacob2(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
he has gone forever RIP. But come to tink of it, his grave is super shinny. The question is are dey try to furnish a room in his grave? What sort of waste of funds is dis. There is hunger in the land of living. Keshi does not know his grave was made wit tiles. Una sabi waste money for 9ja.
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by AuroraB(f): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Why are the mourners hedged so close to the grave? Thought this has stopped! It's just close relatives and just when they are called upon to...kai undecided. And shouldn't there be Nigerian Flag on this noble man's casket
RIP Sir embarassed
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by 9japride(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=Theoflux post=48003001]
I wonder too o. But it seems whn Bendel was divided into Delta & Edo states respectivily his town/village ws nt part of Delta state. I'm an Akoko-Edolite too smiley[/quote[color=#006600][/color]]

He is from Illa in Delta state an Igbo speaking community.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by holluphemydavid(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
RIP big Boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by Explorers(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Rest In Peace Big Brother................

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by free2ryhme: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
EniHolar:
RIPP Steve Kesh

Some are mourning while I'm celebrating birthday. Such is life.

No one lives forever. No one knows the last birthday that'll be celebrated.

Lemme dance small abegi.

Join me by hitting the 'like' button. kiss

bros there is time for everything

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by prophetfire: 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Rest in Peace Boss.

You left a good legacy.

open is dumb. Keshi is from Illa in delta state but lived in Benin edo state.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo by ATERI(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
I was a young boy inside the main bowl of the National Stadium, Surulere, in 1989. The main attraction of that World Cup qualifier was Sam Okwaraji. It wasn`t because Okwaraji was an international lawyer, or that he played abroad, rather it was his humanity and humility that had made him a house-hold name in Nigeria. As far as he was concerned, that he was a good footballer had nothing to do with him, it was God`s decision. I believe Okwaraji was the closest we came to having our own Maradona
The captain on that day was, of course, Stephen Keshi. Angola was turning out to be a difficult proposition than everybody had thought. Keshi came from no-where to head the ball into the net, 1-0 it ended. Well, long before the match started, the area we called `The Covered Seats` then was already overcrowded, so we knew there was problem. Then Okwaraji was brought from the other side of the pitch to that very area after he collapsed, and was there for ages before he was taken in an ambulance to the hospital-shockingly, he died later that day!
So it was quite an eventful match for me; the only one I ever watched in that particular stadium
The Stephen Keshi of that day was tall, handsome and impressive. He left the New Nigerian Bank to become one of the first, if not the first Nigerian to play professional football abroad ( first in Africa then in Europe) .He would go on to become a successful manager that won African Cup of Nations as a player as well as a coach of the Super Eagles.
It was a big surprise when I saw him the last time, the day Nigeria played Italy in a friendly international at Craven Cottage. It is one thing to surrender to the tyranny of age, but it is another thing to look like a hungry soul from a war-ravaged country.
But that can`t take away the fact that, Stephen Keshi was a trail-blazer by any standards of measurement. A leader as a player, a role model as a manager; an indisputable Africa`s number one, in the field of football. The best leaders are often born with the natural talent to lead, Stephen Keshi was a natural!

I remain of the opinion that the children and family of Stephen Keshi should take Amaju Pinnick and his NFF to court, for playing a role in Keshi`s death. When inhumanity of man to man is ignored, it encourages further inhumanity.
Nigeria buries a star son today, but from Benin to Belgium, from Lome to the United States of America, Stephen Keshi shall continue to live for-ever

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Joins #EndSARS Campaign / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / Amokachi With His Twins As Babies Vs With Them As Teens Vs With Them As Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.